Golf Handicap

JXXXL

Does anyone know how one posts their score and score cards to maintain a handicap? I am a member at Mae Jo but I don't see any place to post my score or deposit my score card. I called the club today and no one knows (unbelievably) what I am asking for.

You might check this out and see if this works for you.

http://www.usga.org/handicapping/course_ratings/Authorized-by-the-USGA-and-licensed-to-use-the-USGA-Course-Rating-System/

Authorized by the USGA and licensed to use the USGA Course Rating System™

Thailand Golf Association
Rajmangala National Stadium, Rm. 212-213
2066 Ramkamhaeng Huamark
Bangkok 10240 Thailand
+66 (0) 2369 3777 9
+66 (0) 2369 3776 (fax)
www.tga.or.th
Mr. Kittisak Chaimongkoltrakul, Secretary General
[email protected]

Usually you have to enter a competition, get your card signed and submitted before it's officially recognized. I think three results from competitions gets your handicap here. Either that or a bung...

Bung is more likely here! Saw a nett 52 posted in a prize money competition here a couple of years ago, TIT

A foreign friend entered a competition at a course here. The course pro allocated him a 22 handicap. At the end of the day he thought he had won the competition only to find that his handicap had been "recalculated" to 18, again TIT

Hi JXXXL,

We have a group of expats that usually play every Sat. am at mostly Highlands and Maejo.

We use Thaigolfer to record all scores and keep your handicap. (It is based on the USGA system and all Chiang Mai courses are in their data base).

Oh....and its free!smile.png

Edited by Thailion

Dont be silly, wanting a Thai golf course to regulate your handicap! If (as a number of us have found out hence we dont do it anymore) you enter a competition here, you blag the highest handicap you think you can get away with, then the course have a "secret system" only they know about, and at the end of the competition, foreigners come nowhere and a Thai person will win with a score of net 52 or similar.

In one competition I had to play with two Thai guys who were constantly conceding putts to each other from 8 to 10 feet, and when a ball went in the rough, a quick flick of the foot brought the ball back to the fairway which was then described as a free drop!

The Chiang Mai Social Golfers, mostly expats, and the Gymkhana Friends, mostly expats both run regular, fair, well regulated competitions on a weekly basis.

Enough said. All of the above is true, by the way, no figments of imagination at all !!!!!!!!!

I entered a competition at Gymkhana a few years ago and won the senior division. At the time my index was 16 but my gross was 81; net of 65. The guy that came in second was a Vietnamese (per my feeble memory) who submitted a 22 handicap and carded a net score just 3 strokes over mine, shooting a 90 gross. There is no way in Buddha's creation that his true index was 22, but there you have it. But the third place finisher had a gross in the mid-80's and lost based on his higher net. I guess this kind of cheating is fairly common here, where folks normally don't carry handicap cards issued by a recognized authority. If you join the CMSGC, they will have you submit 3 cards in order to establish your beginning handicap index. Once you play beyond those initial 3 games, your index will be adjusted using Stableford results unless the club is playing on certain courses that have no individual hole handicaps on record. I'll leave it to current members to edit my remarks in the event their system has changed.

Thanks to all for the great info.Has anyone joined the TGA? There is link on their homepage saying "Check and Print Handicap Index Certificate" but you must have a UserID and PW to get in. This looks like the place where competitive players would keep their country wide index.

Thanks to all for the great info.Has anyone joined the TGA? There is link on their homepage saying "Check and Print Handicap Index Certificate" but you must have a UserID and PW to get in. This looks like the place where competitive players would keep their country wide index.

Amateurs too can join. USGA approved as I posted.

Hello,

i will arrive soon in Thailand - Bangkok,

I'm a fanatic Golfer thumbsup.gif , but a Golfer needs Tournaments!

Do you know any Golf-Clubs in Bangkok or so that organise some Tournaments?

My handicap is 10.9

at all Hompage's I'm looking at from the Clubs, they do not have any Tournaments….

Thanks