Buying Australiia $ from here/

wisterialane

If you're talking about physical notes, in not too great an amount, available at some of the busier exchange points, particularly out at the airport.

Otherwise setting up an AUD-denominated account's not hard, SCB's a good one for that.

Speculating on the commodity market is more complicated I'm sure.

OP: I recently needed A$8500.00 in cash. Initially a bit of a run around, no cannot etc etc, but eventually KBank H.O. delivered to my branch in Pattaya at no extra cost

Do you mean he's physically coming here with currency in cash? No problem.

If otherwise, you'll need to give more detail as to what exactly he's trying to do.

I'll need to get more info from him as to why he's asked this question..The only thing I know about money is checking my wages have been deposited monthly.

Do you mean he's physically coming here with currency in cash? No problem.

If otherwise, you'll need to give more detail as to what exactly he's trying to do.

i believe there is a sign up in the arrivals after immigration that says cash over 10k usd must be declared to the customs guys but ive often brought in more and walked right past them

id be more worried they would think rich stupid farang and confiscate it all or some of it

anyone ever declared a pocket full of cash care to share the experience ?

I have with no problem, enough to live on for ten years it turned out.

Just be aware if it's over the limit it WILL be confiscated, and you're lucky to get off that lightly.

And of course you can easily get robbed by civilians too.

I have with no problem, enough to live on for ten years it turned out.

Just be aware if it's over the limit it WILL be confiscated, and you're lucky to get off that lightly.

And of course you can easily get robbed by civilians too.

if i need to bring in money to live i order the largest notes possible ( 500 euro notes or even better 1000 swiss franc notes )

a 1000 swiss frank note is worth over 41,000 thb or so you can bring in a million or more in your wallet and if you order new notes

they will be nice and thin,a million is about 3/8th of an inch thick

i dont worry about being robbed by civilians ,its the guys in uniforms u need to watch out for smile.png

Edited by speedtripler