Another defence of Pattaya residents post.

Sigurris

SIR,

Nice post

It does seem that most of the scum who attack Pattaya are from Bangkok,why is this ?????

Bangkok has a horrible reputation for corrupt officials, cheap charlies, sex scandels, pollution,yet they wont admit ti,just defelct the poison to Pattaya.

There is much more than beer bars in Pattaya

• Like 2

Perhaps I should have explained the economics. The participants each gave 500 baht which went to charity. The bar owner footed the cost of the beer and buffet. They don't buy beer at 70 baht a bottle but it was still a significant donation from them.

• Like 1

Everyones a critic!!!! Yes it is a cheap bar crawl but it was not the participants I wanted to applaud. Its the bar owners who made it possible for the cheap charlies (your words) to do it by donating their money. Fabulousheart? Surely some mistake. Maybe change your user name to I cannot read!!!!

• Like 1

Sig it is marketing for those bars in hopes the cheap Charlie's will return. Also there are far better examples of true generosity that happen here In pattaya. I know of several bars and hotel owners who DONATE real money to the local HIV charity and supply free condumns as well as std checks for bar workers. Your example is just a Thai way of donating something with something in return that benefits the cheap Charlie's.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sigurris, I routinely hang out at the 'Finland Bar' (not sure of the actual name, but there is a large Finnish flag at the front) in central Patts when I'm in town for the simple reason that no-one bothers me and I don't bother them. It has to be one of the most peaceful, easygoing bars in Pattaya - clearly the owner and patrons are doing something right. By contrast, I generally avoid any bar with an Australian flag anywhere in evidence, and run a mile whenever I see the boxing Kangaroo - older Australians are normally OK, but we seem to export the worst of our younger generation.

I definitely don't consider Pattaya regulars and residents to be lowlife - I think it says more about the haters than the regulars when they feel the need to constantly dump on Patts, particularly when many admit they haven't even set foot in the place for years. I do believe the nightlife is pure Disneyland, but that's a topic for another thread. All the best with the pub crawls clap2.gif

• Like 1

Good to see something positive being posted about Pattaya residents.smile.png

Remember when the Jet Ski topic started? There were posts accusing us of racism against the jet ski operators. LOLlaugh.png

After many moons of in-depth investigation and psychological profiling, we have constructed a CGI of the average Pattaya hater:

attachicon.gifculprit.jpg

I am not happy with you using a picture of me before I went one a diet and got down to a cart load and had a sex change LMAO

Edited by pitchag
  • Like 1

Sig you are missing the point. There is true charity work being done in pattaya through benefits that raise a significant amount of money for causes as there are many needs in Thailand. The pub crawl you described is a cheap Charlie's wet dream 10 bars 10 drinks and free food all night and I assume with transportation or walking all for 500b. The bar owners will soon realize there investment of tap beer and food will not be returned as hoped. You will find the bars dropping out like flys on the meat that sits out in the sun all day in markets. This is just not a good example of "charity" there are some very generous people who do try to help in pattaya and make a difference. For example the people who donate significantly for std testing, free condumns and healthcare for bar workers and yes HIV services and prevention. Those people are not flashy nor do they draw attention to themselves but some donate that amount plus much more monthly. There are so many needs in Thailand and nothing happens because people live in fear of who really will gets the money or who is big boss or mafia etc. it is understood that even charity money does not always make it to the charity in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I give up!!! All I wanted to do was say thank you to a few people who gave money to charity but it seems its not good enough. There is better charity work being done. Ok I get it. Hooray for the good charities and yaa boo hiss to the bad charities.

Thank you Fabulous heart for educating me.

• Like 2

Fabulousheart, I just learned the other day that the National Football League (American football administration) has nonprofit status, just like charities and religions. Go beat down the doors of the American revenue service. Now there's a travesty that will keep you busy for a decade or two. (I'm not assuming you're American. It's just that your quotient of outrage seems to be poorly directed, at the moment.)

I also think you'd be surprised how charity-minded bar owners are, because they sure as heck don't make that much money. They do such things because they are ready to part with their own money for a good cause, charity or otherwise, e.g., backing sports teams.. Having been in business and intimately discussed such things, not all bar owners are cynically joining in to foster more sales. That's usually because there's not much to be gained. Period.

I give up!!! All I wanted to do was say thank you to a few people who gave money to charity but it seems its not good enough. There is better charity work being done. Ok I get it. Hooray for the good charities and yaa boo hiss to the bad charities.

Dont give up...pleasure to read your post...is this an annual activity or more regular....any nationality welcome?

• Like 1

Dont give up...pleasure to read your post...is this an annual activity or more regular....any nationality welcome?

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad the world is not just populated by cynics with misleading user names. I am not sure who organises these but I believe the Norwegians are doing one this weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure it would not be difficult to organise a multi national one. But I would suggest getting in touch with the two bar owners I named in the original post as they will have better information than me

Fabulousheart, I just learned the other day that the National Football League (American football administration) has nonprofit status, just like charities and religions. Go beat down the doors of the American revenue service. Now there's a travesty that will keep you busy for a decade or two. (I'm not assuming you're American. It's just that your quotient of outrage seems to be poorly directed, at the moment.)

I also think you'd be surprised how charity-minded bar owners are, because they sure as heck don't make that much money. They do such things because they are ready to part with their own money for a good cause, charity or otherwise, e.g., backing sports teams.. Having been in business and intimately discussed such things, not all bar owners are cynically joining in to foster more sales. That's usually because there's not much to be gained. Period.

Check out the main stream charities with the big C.E.O.s getting millions in wages and entitlements the charity they control is lucky to get a few cents in the dollar to work with, the only one to give most out of each dollar donated is the Salvation Army the lowest paid Boss of any of them by far