Advocates of separatism warned by army chief

Lite Beer

Alex Salmond must be hung by the neck until he is dead!, Only joking - but he is an arch separatist

It is the responsibility of the Thai government of whichever party to ensure inclusiveness for all it's citizens, whether they be Moslems from the deep south, or the people of the North and North East, who often feel undervalued and ignored by central government

In countries that have allowed the resentments of an underprivileged underclass to fester for years the consequences have often been dire.

Perhaps it is time to consider regional governments for parts of Thailand that would understand the needs and aspirations of that particular area.

Address the political and social problems with alacrity, and any talk of separatism will soon dissipate.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acting to overthrowing an elected government is tolerable but we certainly can't have any talk of secession can we?

Hear, hear!

After trashing the existing constitution(s) eighteen+plus times over the last 60 years, suddenly the self-righteous army is the upholder of the constitution?

Hypocrisy at its zenith. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Prayuth is right to have spoken up. The secession movement in the UDD is profoundly unconstitutional. Yingluck as prime minister is sworn to uphold the constitution, which codifies that everything is under one state. For her to be greeted by supporters so openly supporting secession without making any reference to it, or distancing herself from it - either during or afterward - is beyond astonishing. What Pruyuth said is what she should have said, without equivocation.

What drivel. You people use the constitution of this country when it suits your purpose and defy it otherwise. This is like reading Fox News.

• Like 1

The PM is very quiet this weekend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck where are you?

Maybe she's across the border meeting with her bro, and AIS' coverage may be weak, which prevented her from updating her whereabouts and posting on FB?

I think Brother #1 is actually in CM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The PM is very quiet this weekend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck where are you?

Maybe she's across the border meeting with her bro, and AIS' coverage may be weak, which prevented her from updating her whereabouts and posting on FB?

Hmm... probably. Won't really be a surprise if he was, would it? wink.png

I've heard the same rumour, that he's been here for a few days now, allegedly staying at the Dara Devi, but they must surely be confusing him with his sister ? wink.png

But any declaration of a separate political-system, up here in the North, could only be coincidence ? whistling.gif

Edited by Ricardo

The most interesting aspect of this in my view is that -

The army cheif says that talk of seperatism is against the constitution and sedition.

And yet HE HIMSELF refuses to rule out a coup. A coup which is against the constitution and an act of sedition/treason.

So by refusing to rule out a coup he is in effect supporting non-constitutional means and yet he then chides others for talking about breaking the consitution.

Pot - Kettle - Black

In my opinion of course.

Edited by LevelHead

I like the rural people in the north very much. I always have the feeling this is the true heart of Thailand.

You know, sometimes good educated people are very stupid/arrogant. Sometimes poorly educated people have a lot of life experience.

In general people in big cities (Bangkok) more greedy, dishonest and arrogant and I understand very well why someone don't want to be ruled from Bangkok.

The common soldiers are my friend. THE big bosses are not.

BANGKOK people please understand. You are the center of power and greed but not the true heart of Thailand.

Have a nice day

Tom

The most interesting aspect of this in my view is that -

The army cheif says that talk of seperatism is against the constitution and sedition.

And yet HE HIMSELF refuses to rule out a coup. A coup which is against the constitution and an act of sedition/treason.

So by refusing to rule out a coup he is in effect supporting non-constitutional means and yet he then chides others for talking about breaking the consitution.

Pot - Kettle - Black

In my opinion of course.

Ah, but what if the coup is against an elected government that supports secession and or violates the constitution?

It's not impossible for a legitimate government to go roge, and PTP is pushing the boundaries there.

And I would argue their right to promote the idea of secession despite disagreeing with it.

Until they try to force secession of the north I personally see nothing illegal with discussion or desire.

ok by your logic, a group gets together and starts talking about how they are going to blow up certain buildings and kill as many people as possible, going by you the police etc should do absolutely nothing until it happens, now that is really showing a lack of intelligence and why planning a secession is illegal, suggest you check the law, this is not your country and you have no idea what the laws are obviously but lets just go with your gut feelingblink.png

I don't know about the laws of thailand but there my be one similar to the law in my home that states a conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony. According to that law, talking about committing a misdemeanor is worse than actually committing one.