Strict Adherence for Extension of Stay - Jomtien

I just visited the Jomtien immigration office and was told retirement visa extension of stay renewals will only be renewed within 30 days of expiry. If one cannot renew within the 30 days, you'll have to start the retirement visa process all other again.

I guess you are saying that you cannot apply for annual extensions EARLIER than 30 days from your current permission to stay expiration now at Jomtien, like you could at some times in the past. That you won't be able to obtain a new annual extension AFTER your current permission to stay expires is certainly NOT news.

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing new in your post. But I have seen reports of them accepting applications up to 45 days early.

There has never been a grace period for doing it late. One day beyond your permit to stay date and you may have to start all over again. But sometimes they will allow you to pay an overstay fine of 500 baht a day for being a couple of days late and still do the extension.

Can the extension on retirement also being done in the last 30 days permission to stay from 1 year non o multiple ? I mean in the extra 90 days made by visa run just before expiering 1 year (12+ 3 almost month ) ? so during the 15 month....

Edited by david555

Can the extension on retirement also being done in the last 30 days permission to stay from 1 year non o multiple ? I mean in the extra 90 days made by visa run just before expiering 1 year (12+ 3 almost month ) ? so during the 15 month....

Yes of course. There is no difference between it and all the other entries.

Yes of course. There is no difference between it and all the other entries.

THX,

using the combination methode , ( E.U. pension + savings ) must the savings on Thai KK bank coming from transfer from outside Thailand , or can i deposite the needed savings from my Cash euros here with me in Thailand ?

For an extension of stay there is no need for proof funds came from abroad.

That is only required for doing a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry from a tourist visa or exempt entry.

THX ,

that makes it more simply for me as i am planning to keep in my country bank , the needed sum for transfering under the " funds for buying real estate " remark , as needed for Thai banks to deliver the needed documents for buying condo .(waiting for the bublle burst....wink.png .......)

No seasoning i believe in case comination methode unless rules changed ?That's all for my questioning

Thanks for the quick and complete answering , good job as always here by the experts...wai.gif