Where to buy 'Tempeh' in Chiang Mai?

FolkGuitar

I guess I should have said that I'm looking to purchase packages of it for cooking at home, rather that buying dishes made with it at restaurants. My bad...

I figure with all the health food addicts and vegetarians in Chiang Mai, there must be several outlets for it.

I'm not looking for the health benefits of tempeh, so it doesn't need to be organic or made with special golden soybeans. I just like the texture and low-cal value.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is a guy that sells it wholesale - he sells it to Aum and the other places that have it - but I'm not sure how to get hold of him.

Ask the lady who runs AUM to give you the phone number of the guy who sells it wholesale. She'll sell you packages of uncooked tempeh she's got from him, but presumably with a mark-up.

Thanks, guys. I don't mind the mark-up. It's not something I'd eat every day so paying an occasional extra few baht won't hurt.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You can buy tempeh at Ban Suan Pak health food store located between President Hotel and the US Consulate. It's in the freezer section, packs of 150 grams for 40 baht.

You can also try this but not sure he's still in business:

http://krishnas-tempeh.weebly.com/index.html

Thanks! I'll give both of these a try too!

• 6 years later...