Immigration police in Nong Khai arrest French-Portuguese for drug trafficking

webfact

How stupid to cross a border at an official crossing point. He didnt do his homework. I have been told about and seen places where you can run across the border at night. This is where a lot of smuggling is done. Still, I am very glad that he has been caught. I hate drugs.

At this time of year it's easy to swim across the river even at night.

A month or so in jail here and suddenly a 8-10 stretch in Froggieland won't seem so bad.

Why would he be jail here? He has not been convicted of anything; he will be held in detention by immigration, before being deported with the help of French authorities.

Edited by Morakot

"We have revoked his passports and will extradite him to France soon, since de Jusus has committed no crimes in Thailand," Panu said.

How could Thailand revoke foreign passports?

Not to put a fine point on it, but yes the nation does need better a copy editors.

They have a blacklist at the Nong Khai border crossing?

I doubt it.

Seems the French contacted Thai via Interpol and this guy got incredibly un-lucky. Of course 300 KG is pretty large amount. But imagine how many foreigners living in Thailand that are running from the law? I bet it is a lot. Of course, different crimes get police more excited to catch people than others. Pedophilia comes to mind. Murder. Manslaughter. Rape.

Maybe they catch them more often than gets announced in the news?

Or maybe they got tipped off this guy was going to Laos.

I just find it hard to believe the Thai immigration system is that efficient.

it is getting that efficient. Bloody Australia is donating the software so be warned folks on the run

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

How stupid to cross a border at an official crossing point. He didnt do his homework. I have been told about and seen places where you can run across the border at night. This is where a lot of smuggling is done. Still, I am very glad that he has been caught. I hate drugs.

Jai yen lor?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif

A month or so in jail here and suddenly a 8-10 stretch in Froggieland won't seem so bad.

I believe the country you are refering too, is named France. "Froggieland" does not appear on any map as far as I know. It does however, appear in a book called "Tasteless and Juvenile Place Names".

Hmm wonder how the hell he travelled through those countries with that much. He doesnt really look like and elephant or a pack donkey. Anyway if he actually did it... what a fuc_king morron, he would have faced death in both China and Lao and i dont understand the santa claus like spirit of the border police, had he been Nigerian or Iranian or something he wouldnt have gotten of that easy

Hid it in his rectum . Poor man had to use a wheel chair though.

305kg ?? Who else did they get or was it just the evil farang with phenomenal thigh muscles doing the carrying ?

No, he wasn't smuggling in Thailand. He tried to smuggle the drugs into France back in 2012 and there was a warrant out for his arrest. But for what it's worth, according to other news reports, twelve other people had been arrested in connection with it.

Really?

I heard they are not connected. I cannot substantiate it. But it was heard from a pilot who flies regularly in and out of LOS.

If you are very certain pls share how you know this.

I wonder... has anyone on TV ever seen Immigration pull someone aside as they tried to enter or exit the country? And slap the cuffs on them, as it were.

I once saw them drag a guy off a plane just before take off, does that count?

Really?

I heard they are not connected. I cannot substantiate it. But it was heard from a pilot who flies regularly in and out of LOS.

I wonder... has anyone on TV ever seen Immigration pull someone aside as they tried to enter or exit the country? And slap the cuffs on them, as it were.

The obvious would be to assume they are connected. What one hears is not necessarily fact. Rumors of inefficiency can be detrimental to the believer - plus a small amout of well publicized errors does not prove mass inefficiency - most systems have a reasonable expectation of error. It would benefit the authorities that crooks believed them to be less efficient than they actually are - overconfidence causes the best of minds to become complacent and careless and we read every day of its effects on the least of minds.

Hmm wonder how the hell he travelled through those countries with that much. He doesnt really look like and elephant or a pack donkey. Anyway if he actually did it... what a fuc_king morron, he would have faced death in both China and Lao and i dont understand the santa claus like spirit of the border police, had he been Nigerian or Iranian or something he wouldnt have gotten of that easy

He does look like an elephant, pack donkey and trunk monkey to me. Amazing is that morons seem to be everywhere.

And Santa Claus was a native Laotian guy from Nigeria.-coffee1.gif

Really?

I once saw them drag a guy off a plane just before take off, does that count?

Yes. It counts once.

I was on a flight from Istanbul last week. They pulled a guy off for causing a disturbance. and being drunk. I know because they announced it.

The hat on the wrong way round was the give away.......................rolleyes.gif

Seen many idiots wear there hats the wrong way round copy catting stupid yanks proving your right transam.

Are you saying Yanks are stupid? Or some Yanks are stupid?

Apologies for a comment somewhat off-topic, but concerning the Tourist Police.

Spoke to a reired "Tourist Police' the other day, who had served in that capacity all over Thailand.

I asked him what was the main and most repetitive problem he dealt with as a "Tourist Police"

His answer.......Money and property.

Sorta surprised me. I was expecting something to do with visa's, Passports, etc.

Anyway, thought you might find this little factoid interesting, even though off-topic....Sorry, don't have any info. beyond that response of his, but we can all speculate.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

"We have revoked his passports and will extradite him to France soon, since de Jusus has committed no crimes in Thailand," Panu said.

How could Thailand revoke foreign passports?

Obviously a wrong translation from Thai.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How stupid to make a comment before you read the whole story coffee1.gif

"We have revoked his passports and will extradite him to France soon, since de Jusus has committed no crimes in Thailand,"