Chiang Mai red leader denies supporting a Lanna state: Sedition charge

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunla, on 04 Mar 2014 - 07:08, said:

Its sort of funny as soon as "life in prison" gets mentioned, they all suddenly start acting more responsibly. Maybe the threat of serious legal consequences would deter brigandry from all sides would lead to real reconciliation and progress. Its worth a try!

The explanation by the Sor Por Por Lanna group was announced on Sunday evening.It was disingenuous at the very least for Prayuth to start stirring the pot after this explanation had been made by ordering his army legal team to go to the police with accusations of succession.

One could be mistaken in thinking Prayuth is looking for any excuse to inflame the UDD. He surely doesn't think this is the way to calm the situation, but then again, judging by his past antics he probably does.

"When one group can cause disruption in Bangkok and further divide society, which would prompt the other group to run out of patience. This is a human nature." He did not elaborate.

Right from Surapongs lips, all the legal defence that Suthep and Abhisit would ever need for the "murder" charges from 2010. There really should be a minimal intelligence test for PTP cabinet ministers. Perhaps i'm being to harsh, possible that it may not be stupidity, maybe just a bad memory. When one is making up excuses every day it's hard to remember them all.

It's what happens when the major deciding factor for qualification of positions such as deputy prime minister, foreign minister, and chief advisor for the misnamed CMPO is having a bloodline to Thaksin like Surapong's.

Of course, this also extends to the DNA-sharing cloned prime minister.

Edited by Davidhere

How quickly the military react to "sedition" finger pointed at the Red Shirts, but sit quietly by when the fascist break every sedition laws possible and claim it is a peaceful protest!

This in spite of the great miss understanding that has been associated by the initials the Army states, stands for a separate Lanna state is actually those used by a pro government group of academic supporters (Assembly for the Defense of Democratic Lanna) initialed as PDR Lanna in Thai!

The Army conveniently disregarded the Red Shirt leaders in Chaing Mai public announcement that they favored decentralization of power in Thailand not secession, much like the federation of states in the US, the states have there own local government with in the country of Thailand!

Cheers

Oh rubbish. These guys are just back pedalling to try and avoid a trip to the clink. You were cheering for the "People's Democratic Republic of Lanna", remember? Cutting off the water supply to Bangkok and similar crazy ideas?

:cheesy:

I remember that.

Perhaps he's forgotten all those posts he made as it was such a long time ago.

:rolleyes:

Yunla, on 04 Mar 2014 - 07:08, said:

Its sort of funny as soon as "life in prison" gets mentioned, they all suddenly start acting more responsibly. Maybe the threat of serious legal consequences would deter brigandry from all sides would lead to real reconciliation and progress. Its worth a try!

The explanation by the Sor Por Por Lanna group was announced on Sunday evening.It was disingenuous at the very least for Prayuth to start stirring the pot after this explanation had been made by ordering his army legal team to go to the police with accusations of succession.

One could be mistaken in thinking Prayuth is looking for any excuse to inflame the UDD. He surely doesn't think this is the way to calm the situation, but then again, judging by his past antics he probably does.

And yet again no link to your information.. Could you post a link please. Thanks.

• Like 1

Is is a coincidence that the flag these groups use (and have done since at least 2010) is red and white only? Hint: the colours of the Thai flag stand for: nation - red; religion - white; monarchy - blue. Which one is missing in the PDR Lanna flag?

Pheu Thai's and the UDD's defense :

" We were just pretending. "

A new legal argument. All those banners, all those rallies, all those calls for secession - one attended by two cabinet ministers - all those red shirt radio programmes, all those public addresses in Chiang Mai, all those press releases. " We were just pretending. " With pretending like that, one wonders what would the real thing look like. It's fascinating, though, how bold and brash statements like the one a few days ago - where people who hate democracy can leave Chiang Mai and go elsewhere - it's fascinating that after blanket statements like that, how easily they crumble when charges are pressed. Suddenly " I was just pretending."

This has caused a lot of backpedaling in the administration, in some cases, straining credulity. The light at the end of the tunnel, however, is that if this red shirt leader's convictions can so easily crumble under pressure, then that may prevent other leaders from organizing any other such endeavours of " pretending " in the future.

I wonder if Yingluck's lawyers have been paying attention.

When her trial comes up they might try that themselves. "But your honour, my client was only pretending to be the Prime Minister."

This just goes to show how weak the understanding of democracy is among the military and certain members of the elite. Everything is dealt with using a big stick. If calls for succession = sedition, then half the populations of Quebec and Scotland should be locked up.

This just goes to show how weak the understanding of democracy is among the military and certain members of the elite. Everything is dealt with using a big stick. If calls for succession = sedition, then half the populations of Quebec and Scotland should be locked up.

Why?

I'm not sure about Quebec but Scotland is an ongoing conversation that revolves around the fact that the country Scotland and its borders were never changed... the lanna kingdom is long gone and was never a country in its own right.. totally different!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pheu Thai's and the UDD's defense :

" We were just pretending. "

A new legal argument. All those banners, all those rallies, all those calls for secession - one attended by two cabinet ministers - all those red shirt radio programmes, all those public addresses in Chiang Mai, all those press releases. " We were just pretending. " With pretending like that, one wonders what would the real thing look like. It's fascinating, though, how bold and brash statements like the one a few days ago - where people who hate democracy can leave Chiang Mai and go elsewhere - it's fascinating that after blanket statements like that, how easily they crumble when charges are pressed. Suddenly " I was just pretending."

This has caused a lot of backpedaling in the administration, in some cases, straining credulity. The light at the end of the tunnel, however, is that if this red shirt leader's convictions can so easily crumble under pressure, then that may prevent other leaders from organizing any other such endeavours of " pretending " in the future.

I wonder if Yingluck's lawyers have been paying attention.

When her trial comes up they might try that themselves. "But your honour, my client was only pretending to be the Prime Minister."

She did a brilliant job of it as well!!!

There's an old American expression that comes to mind, something about being careless while wearing golf shoes.

I prefer............"either mean what you say, or say what you mean."

Either way yingluck saying the were just shooting their mouth off in the heat of the moment does not cut it. There is too much going on for it to have been an off the cuff remark by so many people.

Why?

I'm not sure about Quebec but Scotland is an ongoing conversation that revolves around the fact that the country Scotland and its borders were never changed... the lanna kingdom is long gone and was never a country in its own right.. totally different!

What do you mean, 'The Lanna kingdom was never a country in it's own right'? The Lanna kingdom was fully and nominally independent at various periods up into the late 18th century when it was superseded by the Chiangmai kingdom, in vassalage to Siam. When was the last time Scotland was fully independent of England? Now, Quebec is a more interesting case. Unlike Lanna and Scotland, it was never an independent nation... it was basically 'transferred' from France to Britain after the latter's victory on the Plains of Abraham in the late 18th century. Yet, Canada does not threaten Independendists with sedition...

Anyway, the point is not to debate history or the merits of secessionist sentiments in different places--your implicit criteria for justifying secessionism are arguable--but rather that where such sentiments arise in the modern west, they are not responded to with threats of sedition charges, etc.

Suthep must have known the truth when he was spreading the lies about this.

If there is anybody trying to split the country it is Suthep. He wants his undemocrstic south and Bangkok to have his people's council, the rest of the country wants a democrstic government.

Are you the fake doctor every one is talking about

Why?

What do you mean, 'The Lanna kingdom was never a country in it's own right'? The Lanna kingdom was fully and nominally independent at various periods up into the late 18th century when it was superseded by the Chiangmai kingdom, in vassalage to Siam. When was the last time Scotland was fully independent of England? Now, Quebec is a more interesting case. Unlike Lanna and Scotland, it was never an independent nation... it was basically 'transferred' from France to Britain after the latter's victory on the Plains of Abraham in the late 18th century. Yet, Canada does not threaten Independendists with sedition...

Anyway, the point is not to debate history or the merits of secessionist sentiments in different places--your implicit criteria for justifying secessionism are arguable--but rather that where such sentiments arise in the modern west, they are not responded to with threats of sedition charges, etc.

Another one that can't read! I said country NOT kingdom. And Scotland has ALWAYS been a country!

And therefore it is not sedition.

No idea about Quebec!

If there is anybody trying to split the country it is Suthep. He wants his undemocrstic south and Bangkok to have his people's council, the rest of the country wants a democrstic government.

A true red shirt, you can't even spell 'democratic'. Some kind of mental block?

Try 'dictatorship', you'll find it much easier to spell.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How quickly the military react to "sedition" finger pointed at the Red Shirts, but sit quietly by when the fascist break every sedition laws possible and claim it is a peaceful protest!

This in spite of the great miss understanding that has been associated by the initials the Army states, stands for a separate Lanna state is actually those used by a pro government group of academic supporters (Assembly for the Defense of Democratic Lanna) initialed as PDR Lanna in Thai!

The Army conveniently disregarded the Red Shirt leaders in Chaing Mai public announcement that they favored decentralization of power in Thailand not secession, much like the federation of states in the US, the states have there own local government with in the country of Thailand!

Cheers

Oh rubbish. These guys are just back pedalling to try and avoid a trip to the clink. You were cheering for the "People's Democratic Republic of Lanna", remember? Cutting off the water supply to Bangkok and similar crazy ideas?

Technically, Kikoman has said enough on this website to put himself in prison for as good many years. I think the fact that he is also a farang they would probably double the sentence.

That goes for a lot of red oriented members, when the day finally comes.

Yes kikoman will be done for treason and les majeste that is if his side loses. CHEERS.

You may be able to spell dictatorship, but I'm not convinced you know it's meaning. Look it up. It typically doesn't apply to governments that come out top in opinion polls and win elections. [And save yourself some energy if you were planning to respond with the 'old saw' that PTP buys election wins... I highly doubt they 'buy' opinion poll results].

You may be able to spell dictatorship, but I'm not convinced you know it's meaning. Look it up. It typically doesn't apply to governments that come out top in opinion polls and win elections. [And save yourself some energy if you were planning to respond with the 'old saw' that PTP buys election wins... I highly doubt they 'buy' opinion poll results].

Maybe not typically, but plenty of examples of elected dictators. In fact, many dictators were first elected before they became true dictators.

Do you mean Zimbabwe, North Korea, Iraq, Syria and a few other countries that came out on top in elections are democratic too? The election polls in those countries showed that their leadership won too. Burma was another case in point.

• Like 1

Cheers

Technically, Kikoman has said enough on this website to put himself in prison for as good many years. I think the fact that he is also a farang they would probably double the sentence.

Goodness me, so the penalty for disagreeing with you on an internet forum is a lengthy term of imprisonment, perhaps even (try not to embarrass yourself in your excitement) death?

What a passionate advocate of freedom of speech you are.

Perhaps you should get out more? You know, discover life beyond your keyboard!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers

Goodness me, so the penalty for disagreeing with you on an internet forum is a lengthy term of imprisonment, perhaps even (try not to embarrass yourself in your excitement) death?

What a passionate advocate of freedom of speech you are.

Perhaps you should get out more? You know, discover life beyond your keyboard!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the same would apply in the us.

well done another uneducated quality post your off to a flyer on here..clap2.gif

Not convinced? I didn't attempt to define it. Anyway, it would appear that you're beyond convincing, through logical arguments at least, so I'll let you carry on in your very narrow perspective on life, blissfully ignorant at best. The whole "but, but, we won the election" speech is keeping you imprisoned inside a box which you can't think outside of. It's almost endearing if it wasn't so tragic and symbolic of the very reason Thailand is in such a mess. Nothing personal, it's just sad to see people clutching at straws which don't even exist.

And so it continues...

• Like 1