Chiang Mai red leader denies supporting a Lanna state: Sedition charge

webfact

Suthep must have known the truth when he was spreading the lies about this.

If there is anybody trying to split the country it is Suthep. He wants his undemocrstic south and Bangkok to have his people's council, the rest of the country wants a democrstic government.

You are right.

He was seen posting the separation banners for the Lanna republic.

Red shirts tried hard to hold him back.

And it was him in disguise on the red shirt stage hailing the death of the children.

Red shirts so misunderstood and wrongly accused all the time.

Edited by sweatalot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like an abuse of process these charges.

The newspaper article does not mention anything so ever about (attempts or threats of) violence as Article 113 of the Criminal Code defines. All we read is 'banners with the message "This country has no justice for me, I want to partition and set up a Lanna state'

Edited by Morakot

Its sort of funny as soon as "life in prison" gets mentioned, they all suddenly start acting more responsibly. Maybe the threat of serious legal consequences would deter brigandry from all sides would lead to real reconciliation and progress. Its worth a try!

Serious legal consequences have been totally ignored by the leaders of both sides in this dispute. Instead of mocking those who you claim have heeded the seriousness of their situation and changed their tune, I'd have thought you would be congratulating them. Sort of funny, indeed.

"Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she did not believe secession was being planned and asked the Army to treat all political groups fairly."

I wonder if she plans to ask Tarit and the DSI to do the same? Or the police for that matter? :-D

Hope not; it would be another step up in the counter-productive game of upmanship.

If there is anybody trying to split the country it is Suthep. He wants his undemocrstic south and Bangkok to have his people's council, the rest of the country wants a democrstic government.

Where do you live again?

"This country has no justice for me, I want to partition and set up a Lanna state". Yet when the army wants to hold them accountable, wants to ensure justice is forthright the red shirts say it was a misunderstanding and not to dish out justice. Just shows they want a form of justice for everyone else, but themselves. This is further highlighted by point #5 in the beat the war drum meeting (not restore peace to Thailand meeting). Point #5 stated "If there is other unfair charge in the future the PM should show sign of civil disobedience by not acknowledging it". In other words, if the UDD don't agree with the justice being dished out we will ignore it or make up excuses as is shown here.

Reminds me of the banner in front of the hospital stating they do not "want cheaters of the people, violence" then the red shirts swimming in intellect and wisdom decide to threaten the director with violence if he doesn't take it down.

​Violence truly is the language of the inarticulate.

So, in the case of all of the people who want to flee places such as China, North Korea, Russia, Burma etc. because of a lack of justice, if they do so illegally, then do they too "want a form of justice for everyone but themselves"?

I would argue that right now there is a similar lack of justice and rule of law in Thailand. The army believes that is above the law and has the right to coup at will. The courts and other so called "indepedent agencies" have shown themselves willing to rule that black is white in service of their political allies.

If they were at all impartial then this case would be thrown out of court, since the speech clearly called for an autonomous region still part of Thailand. It is 1984 Thought Police style to convict someone for saying something legal on the suspicion that they might actually want something illegal.

However, I am not holding my breath.

You say violence is the language of the inarticulate, but I say it is also the language of those that would like to express what they want with words, but find themselves muzzled, like what is about to the Reds now.

To avoid civil war, Thailand urgently needs dialogue between the two camps. But how can this happen when even the moderate elements of one side (those advocating decentralisation rather than outright secession) find their voices suppressed?

Many in the Reds are so doubtful of the army's willingness to negotiate that they are already making preparations for raising an army. Right now Prayuth has a golden opportunity to prove them wrong, but by advocating repression, he is letting it slip through his fingers.

This is why I now consider it all but inevitable that civil war will break out. Whichever side wins, Prayuth going down in history as the general who missed the chance to avoid the bloodbath.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How quickly the military react to "sedition" finger pointed at the Red Shirts, but sit quietly by when the fascist break every sedition laws possible and claim it is a peaceful protest!

This in spite of the great miss understanding that has been associated by the initials the Army states, stands for a separate Lanna state is actually those used by a pro government group of academic supporters (Assembly for the Defense of Democratic Lanna) initialed as PDR Lanna in Thai!

The Army conveniently disregarded the Red Shirt leaders in Chaing Mai public announcement that they favored decentralization of power in Thailand not secession, much like the federation of states in the US, the states have there own local government with in the country of Thailand!

Cheers

one should ask 'why' are the Army prosecuting? and if they see their role as 'keepers of the law' (which is weird) why not prosecute the yellow leaders for shouting from the roof tops that they wanted to take over the democratically elected government? and set up a fascist council of UN-ELECTED members?

I think we know the answer and THAT is sad for Thailand and the Thai people...

The yellow shirt movement was back in 2006-2008, let's get that straight and the new anti-government group doesn't want to take over a democratically elected government. They want this democratic government to step down, reform the system and then have new elections.

Democracy doesn't stop at the the ballot box, you know? Keep repeating your rouge mantras though!

The "new anti-government group" has said itself that "reform" would only be complete when "Thailand is rid of all influence of the Shinawatras" (read "never in our lifetime" since a lot of voters are going to remember things such as the 30 baht health care scheme for a very long time).

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How quickly the military react to "sedition" finger pointed at the Red Shirts, but sit quietly by when the fascist break every sedition laws possible and claim it is a peaceful protest!

This in spite of the great miss understanding that has been associated by the initials the Army states, stands for a separate Lanna state is actually those used by a pro government group of academic supporters (Assembly for the Defense of Democratic Lanna) initialed as PDR Lanna in Thai!

The Army conveniently disregarded the Red Shirt leaders in Chaing Mai public announcement that they favored decentralization of power in Thailand not secession, much like the federation of states in the US, the states have there own local government with in the country of Thailand!

Cheers

one should ask 'why' are the Army prosecuting? and if they see their role as 'keepers of the law' (which is weird) why not prosecute the yellow leaders for shouting from the roof tops that they wanted to take over the democratically elected government? and set up a fascist council of UN-ELECTED members?

The spin that you Red Shirt apologists put on anything Red-related is really quite astonishing.

Is it really weird that the Army sees itself as 'keepers of the law' when the police force have consistently demonstrated that they are incapable of that role? Who else is going to maintain some sort of law and order?

You guys, Kiko, Brucey, gerry1011, fab4 and Binj, need to take a good hard look at your stance right now, because you are going to become part of a rapidly decreasing minority in the overall scheme of things. The application of a bit of common sense might help you to realise why, although we have yet to see any evidence of common sense from you guys.

The statements in favour of secession were made loud and clear, on radio, from stages and clearly written on banners; and these statements came from Red Shirt leaders, even PTP cabinet members, not Suthep, as you are clearly trying to suggest.

They have tried to rally the north against the rest of the country, and now that it is clear that there is no real support for their war cry, they are all desperately trying to distance themselves from the issue, referring to 'misunderstandings'... utter bullshit!

Where were the comments from the puppet lady when all of this was in full swing? She was even in Chiang Mai at the time, so right in the midst of it, but of course, she said nothing...! Again, it was only when it became apparent that there was insufficient support, and that there are extremely harsh penalties for such secessionist activities, that she then attempted to disassociate the PTP from the secessionist argument.

They are all in it together, and they will all crash and burn because of it. The obvious support for secession will bring the PTP to an end, and many of their blind followers, and indeed, some of the central members of the Thaksin government, will be arrested and charged for attempting to overthrow the monarchy, since that is exactly what this secession discussion is all about...!!

thumbsup.gif

A really good post, with a bit of balance, that points out quite clearly the agenda of PTP /UDD. They are once again scurrying around trying to deny what they were calling for, and saying it's a misrepresentation, whilst as usual blaming Suthep. Ask around with some locals, what they feel about it, and I've not yet spoken to any Thai that is in support of the secession ideas. It was IMO a step too far, and will not be digestible to the majority of Thai people. The fact that Yingluck chose not to say anything at the time spoke volumes.

• Like 1

Cheers

You and Dr Bruce need to wake up and smell the coffee. Or at least see things as they are. Last week there was an article in the news that said the PTP was recruiting 600,000 young men to join their party. Not 600,000 people. To me this is a small army for Thailand. Next the PTP started recruiting stations also publicised in the news. Then a caretaker Minister was quoted talking to the reds about secession. Then came the banners and the abbr. PDRL. More talks of secession. It wasn't until the General spoke out about acts violating the constitution that the PTP and UDD (same group) changed their tune and started saying "ohh we did not mean it for real" it is just political talk"" we said wrong becuase we are emotional"

These are all excuses they are using to keep from a death penalty or life imprisonment. Anyone who is not completely stupid would deny these allegations rather than face the consequences of their actions.

The facts with which i am sure the army is safeguarding show clearly sedition and secession was promoted by these people.

Blame Suthep all you want but the PTP and UDD put their foot in their mouth by starting all of the above things i mentioned.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very good post.

100% fact based.

The PTP/UDD have been caught conspiring, and they realised they have been tumbled.

But their defense against the accusations need to be ignored and arrests made, because while everyone is still debating what the hell is really going on, they continue to build their forces.

600,000 if they achieved this, would be a very difficult job for the army to contain. Especially if they went totally guerrilla.

One may wish to give them the benefit of the doubt, but in reality, can we risk it? These sort of actions need to be stopped at the first instance with extreme prejudice, anything less and the ability to stop it slips away on a daily basis.

Three months when they have their force in place, and Thailand may well slip into the worst situation of its entire history.

• Like 1

Cheers

The Royal Thai Armed Forces’ main role is the protection of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Thailand. The Armed Forces is also charged with the defence of the Monarchy of Thailand against all threats both foreign and domestic

That is right.

They are also sworn to protect the monarchy, and it is a well known fact that a 'republic' means 'no monarchy'. They may have said they will continue to respect the monarchy, but the didn't say that they would live under it or accept it as their head of state.

Also the army has filed charges with THE POLICE which means this is as far as it will go. That has been the army's classic mistake all the way through this situation over the last few months. They hand everything over to police and that is the end of it.

The police only act to protect the PTP, The Shins, the red shirts and probably now this secession movement.

When is Prayuth going to pull his head out of his arse and declare a partial martial law so that things get done?

They claim that the words are from an academic outfit called Assembly for the Defense of Democracy that just want the election to carry on and amazingly those words shortened make PDR (how can that be?)

if you look at the Assembly for the Defense of Democracy facebook, You will notice that they have links with VOICE TV the Shinawatra TV STATION!

https://www.facebook.com/Assemblyforthedefenseofdemocracy

• Like 1

They claim that the words are from an academic outfit called Assembly for the Defense of Democracy that just want the election to carry on and amazingly those words shortened make PDR (how can that be?)

if you look at the Assembly for the Defense of Democracy facebook, You will notice that they have links with VOICE TV the Shinawatra TV STATION!

https://www.facebook.com/Assemblyforthedefenseofdemocracy

Thankyou, I asked who they were in a Yingluck thread but did not get an answer.

Cheers

Oh rubbish. These guys are just back pedalling to try and avoid a trip to the clink. You were cheering for the "People's Democratic Republic of Lanna", remember? Cutting off the water supply to Bangkok and similar crazy ideas?

Technically, Kikoman has said enough on this website to put himself in prison for as good many years. I think the fact that he is also a farang they would probably double the sentence.

That goes for a lot of red oriented members, when the day finally comes.

Did the A button fall out of your keyboard and get replaced with a spare S button?? Unless you have a serial typo error with the single word related to what the PTP aren't, that is.

Its sort of funny as soon as "life in prison" gets mentioned, they all suddenly start acting more responsibly. Maybe the threat of serious legal consequences would deter brigandry from all sides would lead to real reconciliation and progress. Its worth a try!

Serious legal consequences have been totally ignored by the leaders of both sides in this dispute. Instead of mocking those who you claim have heeded the seriousness of their situation and changed their tune, I'd have thought you would be congratulating them. Sort of funny, indeed.

Indeed. Laughing at idiots is far from PC.