Rights agency probes whistle protest that targeted Thaksin's ex-wife Pojaman

webfact

Human rights applies to all regardless of income, politics, religion, nationality, gender, etc. A person's past does not justify inhumane treatment. Pojaman did not place herself in the middle of a protest demonstration, she was in a peaceful shopping mall minding her own business and not participating in any mob action. But she was singled out and abused (you don't have to touch someone to abuse them) by a mob who sought to intimidate her and place her in a seemingly frightful situation than she deserved. So there are legitimate grounds for a human rights investigation.

• Like 1

Human rights applies to all regardless of income, politics, religion, nationality, gender, etc. A person's past does not justify inhumane treatment. Pojaman did not place herself in the middle of a protest demonstration, she was in a peaceful shopping mall minding her own business and not participating in any mob action. But she was singled out and abused (you don't have to touch someone to abuse them) by a mob who sought to intimidate her and place her in a seemingly frightful situation than she deserved. So there are legitimate grounds for a human rights investigation.

A mob? Two people a mob?

Anyway, it would seem that in normal democracies a 'whistled at' person might raise a complaint at a police station. I doubt the national Human Rights organisation would be interested. Like this we'll soon have head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm asking Amnesty International to investigate this blatant case of political intimidation of a poor woman.

• Like 1

Agreed especially since the whistle blower wife of the Dem guy admitted that she was called on the phone ...told by someone that the Ex would be at Emporium..and she and her hubby decided ..hey lets go to Emporium and find her... that'll kill a lil time this afternoon...bring your uber whistle dear...

Here is the quote straight from the horses mouth... or whistle mouth ...

"My friend phoned me to say that Khunying Potjaman was shopping in a Louis Vuitton store at the Emporium," Mrs Taya told the crowd at the Pathumwan rally site. "I wondered how can anyone have the desire...following days of tragedy, so my husband (Mr Nattapol, a former Democrat Party MP) and I decided to see if it was really her."

From the BP article dated 27 Feb Pojaman harassed by whistle-blowers

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

She was retarded enough to go to a place where she is not supported, due to her infamous reputation of being a dishonest woman for lying, cheating, graft. She went there during a time of political tension. She's lucky all she got was a whistle in her ear. Why one would defend this crook and piece of garbage is beyond me.

Yes, human rights applies to everybody but since when has blowing a whistle at someone constituted an abuse of human rights? It is extremely OTT and belies that only one side are Elite Bangkokians as this would not be news if it happened to a roadside vendor.

As for the ridiculous 'mob' suggestion together with it being 'frightful', you have just shown what straws that those with no real argument cling to. Two people 'intimidating' her, surrounded by bodyguards, is laughable.

It is an abuse of power to have a Human Rights body to waste time on this. If she feels hurt, the courts are always available, particularly to Hi-sos.

BANGKOK: -- The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) is investigating whether the anti-government protesters who blew whistles at ex-wife of fugitive premier Thaksin Shinawatra at a Bangkok shopping centre last week violated her human rights.

Where was the human rights commission whe red shirts were throwing stones, bottles, nuts and bolts at democratic political rallies? What about the human rights of the innocent children killed while helping their grandmother wash dishes in the marketplace when red thugs attacked with grenades and automatic weapons? Don't blow whistles at rich people, your mothers house will be shot-up and you will be sued, utter crap.

Here we go again. Where is your evidence that red shirts carried out the atrocity in Trat?.

On the other matters, clearly you are disillusioned with life in the Kingdom. Taxi - Airport - go.

If i was allowed to use profanity i'd tell you where to go and how to get there.

Some of these whistle blowers are real nut cases.

I heard from a poster here one of his neighbors drinks chang beer, watches blue sky at full blast and blows his whistle all day. Not sure if this ladys rights where intruded on or not, what I do know is some of these whistle blowers are crazy, many are bullies, and a lot more of them are self entitled jerks - just need to scratch the surface.

Is that the most important human right that has been violated in this country ?

A multibillionaire having a whistle blown at her.

If that is where the NHRC is going to concentrate their efforts, spend their budget, then it is them who need probing.

What the personal financial status of a person has to do with having more or less human rights?

Being an ex-wife is reason enough to harass and violate her rights?

Human rights are to be upheld for every person be it a yellow, red shirt or an alleged student camping for months on the streets protesting.

Furthermore, if a yellow or red shirt were to violate the humans rights of a Farang would that be justifiable?

Unless one is vapid enough to defend any actions of a yellow shirt, PDRC and/or so called students.

If someone blew a whistle at you would the human rights commission investigate it? Would you seriously consider it a breach of your "human rights"?

It's mind-wrenchingly stupid. And given that human trafficking and modern day slavery is present in Thailand's fishing fleet (to give but one example) it is an appalling and offensive misuse of resources.

I'n surprised that *anyone* would defend this garbage

Some of these whistle blowers are real nut cases.

I heard from a poster here one of his neighbors drinks chang beer, watches blue sky at full blast and blows his whistle all day. Not sure if this ladys rights where intruded on or not, what I do know is some of these whistle blowers are crazy, many are bullies, and a lot more of them are self entitled jerks - just need to scratch the surface.

Well, good for you you're so knowledgeble on whistleblowers. Mind you, personally I think you are confusing your opinion with what you know.

Stupid the lenths the reds will go to try to defend the indefensible.

There are so many things that deserve the NHRA attention than a whistle being blown at someone, anyone, for instance :

From yesterday

Man accused of detaining, torturing 14 year old Thai girl

And a violation of the singers human rights. Keep out of our town, red DJ tells artists who backed PDRC

And of course the international community is also worried

Over the years Pojaman hid billions of baht of her and Thaksin's assets in their servants's names. For what purpose?

To avoid tax, to invest in the stock market without other investors knowing the source of the funds?

There were certainly victims of these actions, the government may have been deprived of tax funds and the small time stock market investor may have been duped.

I would like her to explain why it was necessary to hide such large sums in her servants' names.

• Like 1