Good place for Notebooks, ultrabooks and hybrid tablets

telstrareg

I'm in the market for a hybrid tablet running Windows 8.x, (Tablet with a slim detachable, sliding or foldaway keyboard). Could someone recommend a store with good selection and pricing. I live close to Phantip Plaza, if someone knows a place there.

• Like 1

When you have decided exactly which model you want, you may want to check the price on Lazada website. They ship fast, free and I have found them very price -competitive. Recently bought a smart phone and 32 LG tv much more cheaply than I could find in CM

On the other hand, if you want some hands-on time with the machine that you will buy,then any of the big stores at Phantip would be OK. CSC, J.I.B., Banana are some of the biggest, not to mention IT City on the 5th floor. After you've pretty well decided which machines are to the best of your liking, you can go to Advice (the name of the store) on the third floor for a price quote. Along with Lazada, I've found that they have the best prices. Their machines are not very well displayed - some are not turned on and they are wrapped in plastic so you can't really touch them but they will quote you a good price and deliver the real article. FWIW, I think that some of the lesser machines such as the Lenovo G410 i5 (around 16,000 plus) and the Lenovo S410P i7 (around 18,000 plus) can be made into very nice ultrabooks by adding 4GB of RAM memory and substituting an SSD for the dog-slow 5400 500 GB drives that come standard in them. Picking up a USB 3.0 drive enclosure then gives you a nice little backup drive. The S410P that I bought earlier this week now boots Windows 7 in 18 seconds! Good luck and enjoy your shopping. There are lots of fun things to see at Phantip.

I think for a selection you might want to have a look at Siam electronics. Not sure how there prices compare to others. But you will get to see all the major makers there. Pantip seems to be sort of dying. The store It is only half the size it used to be and there are many closed shops there now. Noticed the last few times I walked by that there was lots of room for Motor bike parking on the Changklan side and the parking lot behind is a food court at night.

Good luck where ever you find it.

The New Chi Chang store in Promenada has a wide selection of manufactures. I bought a new windows 8 tablet recently, the service was excellent and the salesperson spent about 1 hr setting up the machine and explaining the operation of Windows 8 I have never received this level of service before.

Well, I would either head to 3rd FL of Central Airport Plaza or 4th FL of Central Festival. Plenty of nation wide vendors there .. and also there's IT City, J.I.B. and Chi Chang there as well.

Oh, and Central is also selling WIn8.1 laptops at PowerBuy.

• Like 1

I checked out what was on offer at Phantip today. I saw hundreds of traditional laptops but I only found 1 hybrid tablet on display (10 inch Asus) downstairs. That whole center is looking really tired. Time to try Central or Promenada.

• Like 1