Army still provides support for CMPO

webfact

Army still provides support for CMPO

BANGKOK, 3 March 2014 (NNT) The army has maintained its checkpoints near demonstration sites and continued support for the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO). Its operation is still focused on violence prevention and peace keeping.

Deputy Spokesperson of the Royal Thai Army Col.Sirichan Ngathong said the army continued its operation to prevent the use of lethal weapons, violence and violations of law in all areas during the anti-government protests. Army Commander-in-Chief Gen.Prayuth Chan-ocha had assigned all Army Area Commands to promote understanding among the public in order to prevent clashes between opposing groups and keep a close watch on any activity which might affect national security, Col.Sirichan said.

The spokesperson stressed that the army was intent on helping improve the overall situation and it was impartial. The army made sure that the laws were upheld and was ready to provide justice to all sides, she said.

The army chief also instructed army officers to conduct themselves properly and help prevent people from being manipulated by false information.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-03-04 footer_n.gif

"...Its operation is still focused on violence prevention and peace keeping"

"...army continued its operation to prevent the use of lethal weapons, violence and violations of law in all areas during the anti-government protests"

"...keep a close watch on any activity which might affect national security"

".. the army was intent on helping improve the overall situation and it was impartial"

Above quotes ostensibly the rationale of both the military and Elitist Political forces they represent.

Not how the electoral majority see it at all.

Trying to claim security motives is misdirection, when it is in fact Protest support. This is how it is perceived by those who see an attempt to invalidate their votes.

Ever since 2010 R'song, the military think they can turn on a dime, and mythologize about national security in place of what occurred then..........If National Security is what they are concerned about, they ought to be at the borders.

They cannot be blamed entirely for R'song however....They were simply the enablers for many of the same coup-mongers on the streets today, who are also trying to advance their cause via the judiciary......These Coupists will often try to whitewash themselves and re-write history, by characterizing the 2006 coup as being a military one.

Trying to make black seem white, doesn't fly with most people.

I think the term "MUPPET" Applies here. This quote is diabolical trash

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 2

"...army continued its operation to prevent the use of lethal weapons, violence and violations of law in all areas during the anti-government protests"

".. the army was intent on helping improve the overall situation and it was impartial"

Above quotes ostensibly the rationale of both the military and Elitist Political forces they represent.

Trying to claim security motives is misdirection, when it is in fact Protest support. This is how it is perceived by those who see an attempt to invalidate their votes.

Ever since 2010 R'song, the military think they can turn on a dime, and mythologize about national security in place of what occurred then..........If National Security is what they are concerned about, they ought to be at the borders.

They cannot be blamed entirely for R'song however....They were simply the enablers for many of the same coup-mongers on the streets today, who are also trying to advance their cause via the judiciary......These Coupists will often try to whitewash themselves and re-write history, by characterizing the 2006 coup as being a military one.

I must say you are good at twisting the facts. How you came up with your reply is beyond me.

The military is only their to protect all the people. UDD,PTP, PDRC, an everyone else who is there. But if we take your comment seriously that would mean you are saying the PTP and REDS are the people who have been lobbing grenades at the PDRC rallies and shooting at people. Maybe you know more than everyone else that is trying to capture these terrorists?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

No problems with Army, appear to be spot on and doing their job professionally. Its the Navy, I have worries about.

Well at least that Admiral has been told to pipe down with his 'alien forces' comments.

Haha!...... nobody worries about the Thai Navy!

• Like 1

You are correct it does not fly with most people.

So stop trying to do it.wai.gif

Yes, Please, keep Chalerm safe, what would we do if anything happens to him?

As I was reading the article I was wondering if they are embarrassed to be supporting Chalerm.

If they really want to support him their are many places in the world that specialize in helping people like him.

Fly him there.

The army is to "help prevent people from being manipulated by false information?" Is that in reference to claims that active army personnel are involved in violence? This statement raises a lot of questions of the army's role beyond just keeping the peace. I would like to know more of how people are "prevented" and how "false information" is identified. The army is going a bit beyond its constitutional role by entering the public relations areana.

Ummm CMPO asked the Army to help...stop spinning you will get sick.

And, if the army had actually helped, the situation may not have escalated to the point that it has.

Everything the army has done has only served to embolden the protesters.

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 2

And, if the army had actually helped, the situation may not have escalated to the point that it has.

Don't you mean - protect them from terrorist attacks whilst they protest peacefully (and legally).

They wouldn't have to do it if the police did their job and weren't answerable to Thaksin.

• Like 1

Don't you mean - protect them from terrorist attacks whilst they protest peacefully (and legally).

They wouldn't have to do it if the police did their job and weren't answerable to Thaksin.

Just to clarify, were you here in Bangkok during the protests? Did you participate or view them from a distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme

Just to clarify, were you here in Bangkok during the protests? Did you participate or view them from a distance?

What on earth has that got to do with it???

I can read and look at pictures just the same as you.

You win. I don't even want to start commenting on this twisted Red propaganda.

• Like 1

Still wondering what the dem and its PDRC/pcad are protesting.

Corruption maybe but I can understand you might not know that because that word is not mentioned in the big red book.

Hhaahaha, corruption???? Up till this very moment, not a single PTP politician and government minister is guilty of corruption.

IMO, they are not protesting but demanding for an unconstitutional unelected government selected by a few so that their crimes and alleged wrongdoings can be swept under the carpet.

Edited by icommunity

LOL

But my wife calls me a 'loser'

I'm confusedwink.png

LOL

I'm confusedwink.png

Don't be confused, your wife is right.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL

I'm confusedwink.png

Then we applause your wife..clap2.gif

<<<< Foreign language edited out >>>>

Edited by metisdead
This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

No, that's not what I mean.

I meant exactly what I said.

Edited by Curt1591

Then you are wrong and misguided!!

It is the job of the police to do this and they refused, for obvious reasons!!!

As far as I'm concerned it is the job of the army to commit coups when the government misbehaves itself and disregards the law!!!coffee1.gif.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Then you are wrong and misguided!!

It is the job of the police to do this and they refused, for obvious reasons!!!

As far as I'm concerned it is the job of the army to commit coups when the government misbehaves itself and disregards the law!!!coffee1.gif.

Can i quote your last statement when I talk to the New York Times and The Guardian? I mean one should stand up for what one believes in right? About time we show it in print.

Edited by maxme