Anyone know what these electrical things are?

Familyonthemove

Left in a central Bangkok wash room. Have electrical connectors at either end but no labels or markings.

Probably some sort of office electrical item or printer / office equipment consumables - but after all the recent protests in this area my imagination was going a bit wild when I saw them.

Serious or entertaining suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

post-64119-13939576127597_thumb.jpg

Its a bit hard to grasp the scale of the item, maybe putting a 10 baht coin next to the item in the photo would help.

I see nothing that implies they are electrical by nature at all...

A pest control device would be my first guess.

Doesn't look electrical, I assume you checked to see if it's actually attached to floor and not simply lying on the carpet,

If loose, maybe some kind of pest control, or something discarded,

by all means, smell, taste, stick fingers in it to glean more information, your results may vary,

coffee1.gif

Looks like a battery to me

It's tempting to assume its a battery but I can't think of a reason why someone would consciously decide they need to put a battery in the corner of their bathroom ... hence i will stick with Pest control..

Not attached - just left next to a wash basin. I left them there as the owner may remember where he left them and come back - but took a photo as I was curious about what they were.

Could be batteries - heavy enough - but no voltage markings or polarity signs.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doesn't look electrical, I assume you checked to see if it's actually attached to floor and not simply lying on the carpet,

If loose, maybe some kind of pest control, or something discarded,

by all means, smell, taste, stick fingers in it to glean more information, your results may vary,

coffee1.gif

Go back and look at the photo, it ain't on the floor thats a slab for a wash basin its sitting on, and where is the carpet in this photo ?

Just being nosey /nerdy really - but I can't remember ever seeing a battery, pest control device or printer consumable or even a bar chocolate that was not covered in labels and safety symbols?

I think we need to go to the next level... Can you dissect the said object?

Whats inside?

Maybe hold a lighter toit and see if it explodes LOL

Dont know what it is but your telling the op to cut it open very smart I must say

• Like 1

It is about the same size as a penguin bar, as in a popular British chocolate snack... maybe its a special edition or a misprint.

Either way I still reckon it contains chocolate or some sort of pesticide.

Being covered in foil implies it is something organic...that needs preserving, or electrical..

I wont sleep tonight now! Thanks!

• Like 1

Judas Priest. I'd get as far away from that as quickly as I could. It could in fact be C4 and an electrical detonator all wrapped in foil and ready to be plugged into a timer.

Granted, it doesn't appear to be connected to the electrical and timer, and therefore may not be at all dangerous, but I'd want nothing to do with it, including getting caught with it by someone who assumed it was mine!

Yep. Probably a battery - but where's all the ex SAS experts when we need them?

Its a bit early for the ex-sas, they are all still drinking in Pattaya gogo bars..

Hopefully we will get some answers from them in the morning

If you can poke it and it makes an impression get well away could be C4 which it safe as long as no precusion pin (detonation cap) attached,if its solid id say battery which could still be part of an explosive device so i wouldn't touch them leave finger prints ect :)

there hasnt been any c4 used yet ,all the bombs have been made from fertiliser besides the m79 grenades but id get rid of it anyway

it looks to be a powerpack from a small laptop but dont take any chances ,it could be half a kilo of heroin ,half a kilo of explosives etc

i would dump it or give it to police ,whoever lost it ,tough shit

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I already Googled C4! Just shows what a crazy world we live in now. C4 seems to be in green packs with "C4" written on it. No.... really - even C4 has safety labels these days.

Its in green packs until you take it out of the green packs..........................thumbsup.gif

there hasnt been any c4 used yet ,all the bombs have been made from fertiliser besides the m79 grenades but id get rid of it anyway

it looks to be a powerpack from a small laptop but dont take any chances ,it could be half a kilo of heroin ,half a kilo of explosives etc

Don't start getting all anal now, its just a bit of light hearted banter......you know this thing called humour which is still a mystery to a lot of TV posters

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wouldn't even touch it, but that would be Belfast memories coming to the surface. In a normal world, I would also have informed someone that something wasn't right, ie, unknown device discovered in the bathroom/toilet....................wink.png

• Like 1