our New MUX has arrived

yesterday my wife took delivery of our new Isuzu 3Litre top of the range MUX its lovely very quiet and comfy but powerful we ordered the 2WD version as we dont need 4WD , full leather , all the gadgets and toys included , rear camera and parking sensors etc etc .

We ordered the bronze/tan colour and its gorgeous

• Like 1

I saw one on Thonglor a couple days ago - copper colour.

The colour looks nice but man that thing from afar is the spitting image of the Chevy. I know they are the same (sans the engine etc) but a more styling differences perhaps would have been nice? Ford Ranger and Mazda Bt50 are basically the same truck for example but look a world apart in terms of style.

Anyways, its a nice looking vehicle and apparently the Chevy is a nice ride so I imagine yours rides very nice as well. Have fun with it but watch out for those darn concrete polls in parking areas. I can only imagine how many new cars are scratched up in the first week here in their own parking garages / condo parking.

I don't agree it looks like the Chevy much. The Isuzu lines are much more refined, and smoother. The Chevy is choppy in both front and back. I agree the overall chassis, footprint and exterior shape are the same, but actually I am surprised that it is not Chevy who came up with the better looking vehicle. I never expected to actually want to own an Isuzu before, but I think this one is a winner. It's still not where it needs to be in a truck-based SUV for me to buy one, but I'm hoping the new Everest or Fortuner will be. I'm looking for a much higher interior appointment scale than the Isuzu.

It's also interesting to watch the marketing angle of the MU-X. We typically think of Isuzu as the farmer or upcountry work truck, and in the new big marketing campaign they have the famous singer Gong (Thai crooner), and are portraying a more upscale urban image for the MU-X. It's gonna be a bit hard to change the image of Isuzu in places like Bangkok to make it the vehicle of choice to wheel down & valet park at the Shangri-La or Bed Bar for an evening out, but it's definitely a huge step up from the utilitarian MU-7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCD0BZ3-qlE

• Like 2

I don't agree it looks like the Chevy much. The Isuzu lines are much more refined, and smoother. The Chevy is choppy in both front and back. I agree the overall chassis, footprint and exterior shape are the same, but actually I am surprised that it is not Chevy who came up with the better looking vehicle. I never expected to actually want to own an Isuzu before, but I think this one is a winner. It's still not where it needs to be in a truck-based SUV for me to buy one, but I'm hoping the new Everest or Fortuner will be. I'm looking for a much higher interior appointment scale than the Isuzu.

It's also interesting to watch the marketing angle of the MU-X. We typically think of Isuzu as the farmer or upcountry work truck, and in the new big marketing campaign they have the famous singer Gong (Thai crooner), and are portraying a more upscale urban image for the MU-X. It's gonna be a bit hard to change the image of Isuzu in places like Bangkok to make it the vehicle of choice to wheel down & valet park at the Shangri-La or Bed Bar for an evening out, but it's definitely a huge step up from the utilitarian MU-7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCD0BZ3-qlE

agree with what you wrote, i only saw it from afar and never really looked at both it and the chevy too close to spot the subtle styling differences. Just from an outsiders point of view, I saw quite a bit of the marketing run-up to the launch so perhaps I was expecting (wrongly) it to be significantly different than the chevy in overall appearance.

post-22903-0-17337700-1393976914_thumb.j

post-22903-0-03653200-1393976928_thumb.j

Edited by bkkjames

Yesterday, at big C, near each other, a Toyota, a Chevrolet and an Isuzu.

I'll be d*mn*d if those thre are not coming from the same design program.

The Chevrolet and the Isuzu one could say, a typical case of badge engineering, bar the engine/transmission.

Maybe the MU7 was of another time, but it was very roomy in the back, and looked more like a big estate car.

Like the Ford,Everest.

And if I may believe the spy-pictures and design studies of the new Everest, that will be number four from the same design studio.

I will pass......

Yesterday, at big C, near each other, a Toyota, a Chevrolet and an Isuzu.

I'll be d*mn*d if those thre are not coming from the same design program.

The Chevrolet and the Isuzu one could say, a typical case of badge engineering, bar the engine/transmission.

Maybe the MU7 was of another time, but it was very roomy in the back, and looked more like a big estate car.

Like the Ford,Everest.

And if I may believe the spy-pictures and design studies of the new Everest, that will be number four from the same design studio.

I will pass......

I bought the first generation Everest when they first came out, and agree that and the mu7 are big roomy cars. The only complaint i had was the rear leaf spring made the ride bouncy for 3rd row passengers.

How have they quietened that Isuzu lump?. Just asking.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The engine is a new design and quieter than the old model DMAX , the rear supension is independant coil system and much superior to the MU7

MUX and Trailblazer use a coil sprung live rear axle, similar to the PJS and Fortuner.

None of the PPVs have independent rear suspension.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

My wife was at a Show jumping competition over the weekend ,, all the Hiso Thais wanted a ride in her new MUX ,, she got loads of face ,, they are impressed ,, lots of jealousy ha ha

...nothing to brag about...it's just an Isuzu Tractor with a new coat....and this coat will get old pretty quick...specially with 'Hiso Thais'(I even wonder you've mentioned them)...tongue.pngbiggrin.png

...now I get my coat...smile.png

Looks great. Is cruise control availible on the top models? If so I’ll by one tomorrow...

Cruise Control is standard on the Gold Plated Platinium Issan Hiso Avantgarde Series:

Yes, here's a picture on the Isuzu website demonstrating the proper hiso fashion of using this incredible Avantgarde, Elegance cruise control:

398208-driver.jpg

Actually Cruise control is the one thing it does not have ???? bit of an oversite by isuzu ... My wife does not care as she wants the towing power for horse trailers , but its the only thing i miss , my other cars have cruise control and i am am not going to drive the MUX much any way , she has only had it 9 days and its already got 2480kms on it , last 2 vehicles she has put 580,000kms on the Isuzu pickup and 280,000kms on a Nissan Cefiro and the cefiro had only 70k on it when i let her borrow it 5 years ago ..she piles up the miles , me i prefer my old Saab 900 V6 and my 4 Ducatis .

Actually Cruise control is the one thing it does not have ???? bit of an oversite by isuzu ... My wife does not care as she wants the towing power for horse trailers , but its the only thing i miss , my other cars have cruise control and i am am not going to drive the MUX much any way , she has only had it 9 days and its already got 2480kms on it , last 2 vehicles she has put 580,000kms on the Isuzu pickup and 280,000kms on a Nissan Cefiro and the cefiro had only 70k on it when i let her borrow it 5 years ago ..she piles up the miles , me i prefer my old Saab 900 V6 and my 4 Ducatis .

It’s incredable as even Toyota pick-ups have had CC availible for at least three years now….whistling.gif

It’s incredable as even Toyota pick-ups have had CC availible for at least three years now….whistling.gif

I have cc in mine, don't remember the last time I used it.

• Like 1

it's not an oversight - they have to delete options from the first model year in order to have something to add back in in each year's minor change.. Expect the same from all new models in this segment BTW - they have to keep some cards up their sleeves so they can slap "new!" labels on their yearly refreshes....

The last of the series is always the best equipped....

I like CC,it gives me something to do when i'm bored on long runs, bit like using the GPS when i've done the same runs for years, apart from that its useless like rain sensors imo.biggrin.png

Rain sensors useless? Guess you've never driven through Songkhran and had your windscreen drenched while trying to drink with your left hand? It's a bit of a conundrum: see through the windscreen and have a wet interior, or hit a kid but save the drink tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Just looked at the MUX specification and its seems that we do have a Cruise control , guess my wife has not found it yet ?? as we have the top spec model , also the rear suspension is nothing like the Fortuner its not a live axle beam with coils springs ,, its a proper independent coilspring but 5 way multi link design .

Just looked at the MUX specification and its seems that we do have a Cruise control , guess my wife has not found it yet ?? as we have the top spec model , also the rear suspension is nothing like the Fortuner its not a live axle beam with coils springs ,, its a proper independent coilspring but 5 way multi link design .

You are misinterpreting Isuzu's spin in the spec. Have a look under the car and you will see a live axle on coil springs, very similar to Fortuner, PJS and dozens of old rear wheel drive cars from the 60's and 70's. There is nothing wrong with this design but it is not independent.

• Like 1