What is a Banana IT? And Why Might You Like One?

I custom build PC's and tried Banana IT last time I was there for my 27 inch LCD's (x6), i7 4820K cpu, 3gb ram and 2x 250gb ssd drives.

The major issue I had with Banana was that they were not VAT refund registered so I would lose out at the airport. ..

The other issue I had was that their pricing was near the low end but not negotiable by any standard. They offered me a poultry 250 baht discount on each 12,000 baht lcd, no discount on the cpu, ram or ssd.

I ended up buying from Jib for cheaper before discount. And Jib did discount based on my total purchase value (about 50, 000 baht). They are also vat registered so got a nice little thank you at the airport.

I custom build PC's and tried Banana IT last time I was there for my 27 inch LCD's (x6), i7 4820K cpu, 3gb ram and 2x 250gb ssd drives.

The major issue I had with Banana was that they were not VAT refund registered so I would lose out at the airport. ..

The other issue I had was that their pricing was near the low end but not negotiable by any standard. They offered me a poultry 250 baht discount on each 12,000 baht lcd, no discount on the cpu, ram or ssd.

I ended up buying from Jib for cheaper before discount. 2000 baht cheaper per lcd,100 baht cheaper on the cpu and 150 baht cheaper on each ssd. And Jib did discount based on my total purchase value (about 50, 000 baht). They are also vat registered so got a nice little thank you at the airport.

Edited by TheGhostWithin

I have recently bought a Blu Ray recorder for my PC there, and yes, the staff actually knew their products. I would certainly buy from them again.

they dont know much about their micro sd cards ,i can tell you that because i leared it the hardway :(

I disagree one hundred percent, and would not set foot in the place. I bought a Western Digital hard drive at

their Tukcon branch in Pattaya. It failed within a couple of weeks. When I took it back there, it was indeed like

pulling teeth to get them to fix the issue. To solve it, in the end I had to do all the contact work with Western Digital

in Bangkok, who instantly directly sent me a new one. As an American company, they are a lot more tuned in with

the concept of customer service, and the idea that a happy customer is one who will return and buy your

product again. Something that is sadly lacking here. In Thailand it is like the mouth of the tiger. Once the money goes

in, it never comes back....... :-)

It's really strange but I have had the exact opposite experience at the Tukcom Store about a month ago. 4 month old WD hard disk had bad sectors on it. Checked with WD Diagnostics and confirmed. Walked into the store told them the problem and was told possibly 15 days for replacement which I agreed. Got a call 3 days later blink.png to pick up new HDD. No problems since.

Banana IT offers no discount unfortunately. JIB does and are equally reliable. But best of them all is Invade IT.

It's really strange but I have had the exact opposite experience at the Tukcom Store about a month ago. 4 month old WD hard disk had bad sectors on it. Checked with WD Diagnostics and confirmed. Walked into the store told them the problem and was told possibly 15 days for replacement which I agreed. Got a call 3 days later blink.png to pick up new HDD. No problems since.

Banana IT offers no discount unfortunately. JIB does and are equally reliable. But best of them all is Invade IT.

Most people wouldn't be willing to wait that long.

All the main HDD manufacturers outsource their warranty process to distributors.

If you just walk into that distributor's facility - Pantip has several - you generally have to wait maybe 10-30 minutes and walk out with a replacement.

The failure rate is very high these days, and IMO especially so here, I think since so much is manufactured right here the higher-quality QC pass ones get exported and we get the dregs.

If your data is important, best is to build a RAID array NAS on an old low-powered system with Linus for your live data - or just buy a Drobo unit, much easier, and then use a separate backup system for archives/old versions with a couple of external drives you swap out, rotate to an off-site location to protect against theft fire other disasters.

Edited by wym

I tried to buy an HDMI adaptor in all the IT shops in Central Plaza and at Tesco, Big C and Amorn electronics in Udon Thani. Apart from the vacant looks I received from some staff, the ones who did understand (it was on a hand written note in Thai) came up with the usual response. "No have". Had to order on Ebay.

The Hua Hin branch is staffed by the laziest A_ HOLES I have had the misfortune to meet in this country.

I bought a printer off them, got it home and no ink.

Seems someone opened it from the bottom and resealed it.

My fault I should have checked what was inside before I bought it.

Rang them up no help, drove back there and again the A HOLES are all over me to buy something

As for the ink I ended up having to buy it But from another shop. Needless to say I wont buy from them ever again

• Like 1

I tried to buy an HDMI adaptor in all the IT shops in Central Plaza and at Tesco, Big C and Amorn electronics in Udon Thani. Apart from the vacant looks I received from some staff, the ones who did understand (it was on a hand written note in Thai) came up with the usual response. "No have". Had to order on Ebay.

I order all of the small stuff like that by default from Ebay. Comes from Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and is cheap as chips.

Edited by DrTuner

I use both Banana and JIB. You can buy full computers and any components you need at either of them.

Sorry to disagree with you but they do not sell batteries for MacBookPros, which is sad. Went to ITunes, which is an Apple outlet and they said that they would have to send my MacBookPro from Koh Samui to Bangkok to change the batteries. Needless to say, I did not take them up on the offer and got a battery off the internet. I felt this was just a ploy to up the price of the battery - might be wrong and would appreciate comments. All other experiences with Banana have been good, with helpful young staff, who seem to know their stuff product wise.