Group issues statement saying Thai govt is illegitimate

webfact

I think at this stage lets , let the status Quo lead the way ,regardless if these claims are correct, there's enough claims , counter claims that everyone is getting dizzy , let the courts decide the legality of the situation , pouring more fuel on the protest fire helps no one.

I'm guessing this is the same NIDA that is responsible for what is widely considered grossly unreliable and one eyed polling? And I've searched the article to find their mandate to make such statements. Maybe I missed it.

Nothing new here, move on ....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

But absolutely correct assessment of this government all the same.

Biased, corrupt and a danger to the kingdom of Thailand from one end to the other.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

These are just a group allied with the ammart, as they are no more reliable in expressing the truth as the nation's media, this announcement was mean to stir the pot.

To many it discredits the nations so called "academic's" if this is the best of the critical political analysis..The uneducated among the nation's farmers would come up with a better analysis of the problems that face the country!

Cheers

Just your opinion and nothing more.

• Like 2

...and these people call themselves 'academics'! Their analysis is pathetic and childlike. Their opposition to the rice scheme is a political position - so form a party and fight elections. Farmers committed suicide because the forces of the Ruling Elite ganged up on the government to prevent them borrowing the requisite funds to pay them.

It is totally unproven - and very unlikely that the government had anything to do with attacking peaceful demonstrators. It is very likely that the forces controlling the protesters fired on their own people in the Sukhumvit attack and on camera that they lobbed a grenade and fired weapons in the most recent skirmish. In any event, occupying government ministries for weeks on end cannot be described as peaceful protest, but as insurrection.

The Feb 2nd elections are incomplete because the EC refuse to hold them and the PDRC would attempt to disrupt them.

No wonder Thailands universities have such an appallingly poor international reputation and allegations of buying places and degrees persist. This group should put their own house in order before criticising others.

What's with you FEW people--the government had from BEFORE September to have funds and PAY, why you lot keep blaming others because your PTP did not want to part with the money when they had access to it. BLAME THE PTP and the chairperson P.M. but maybe she did not attend and the others too stupid to know what to do---my god what a set up.

• Like 2

...and these people call themselves 'academics'! Their analysis is pathetic and childlike. Their opposition to the rice scheme is a political position - so form a party and fight elections. Farmers committed suicide because the forces of the Ruling Elite ganged up on the government to prevent them borrowing the requisite funds to pay them.

It is totally unproven - and very unlikely that the government had anything to do with attacking peaceful demonstrators. It is very likely that the forces controlling the protesters fired on their own people in the Sukhumvit attack and on camera that they lobbed a grenade and fired weapons in the most recent skirmish. In any event, occupying government ministries for weeks on end cannot be described as peaceful protest, but as insurrection.

The Feb 2nd elections are incomplete because the EC refuse to hold them and the PDRC would attempt to disrupt them.

No wonder Thailands universities have such an appallingly poor international reputation and allegations of buying places and degrees persist. This group should put their own house in order before criticising others.

We all know who is behind the deaths of more then 3000, including all the protests, And the lanna state treason attempt.

"No wonder Thailands universities have such an appallingly poor international reputation and allegations of buying places and degrees persist. This group should put their own house in order before criticising others."

This is a telling statement about how Thai academics are viewed by their international colleagues:

"As for the academics, deep down no-one takes them seriously, except the royalist media – which again displays their real weakness. People are just being “polite” by going through the ritual of pretending to listen to them. That’s why the spectacle of University Presidents and Deans of Medical Schools coming out to support Suthep’s movement is much less significant than it appears."

Source: "The weakness of theThai royalists", Dr Patrick Jory, New Mandala, 07.02.2014

The Nation is, of course, part of the royalist media.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh goodie, a rehash of everything that's been said before. Nothing like a repeat of the same old tired arguments. It's like the last year of being with my ex. I had to keep hearing the same complaint over, and over, and over.

"Oh goodie, a rehash of everything that's been said before"

Are you talking about many of your own posts?

GK, unable to learn from your Ex?

Oh goodie, a rehash of everything that's been said before. Nothing like a repeat of the same old tired arguments. It's like the last year of being with my ex. I had to keep hearing the same complaint over, and over, and over.

Kid, maybe your ex was right.. just that it is repeated does not make it any less true. Just like in this case. I know its hard to hear the truth from your ex and from us about your beloved government but adults can take criticism.

• Like 1

"It is inevitable to suspect that the government is linked with these attacks.'' Wow that's enough proof for me! Not really but many a dictator has used that line of logic to suppress opposition; no evidence needed, just suspicions. Maybe this group has listened to Suthep's speeches a few too many times.

• Like 1

When did the "GOVERNMENT" seek to divide the country. There have been a couple of supporters seeking that but not the government.

What about the caretaker government interior minister with his 10 million henchmen ready for war, that he mentioned on (3 stages), I believe!!!

When did the "GOVERNMENT" seek to divide the country. There have been a couple of supporters seeking that but not the government.

What about the caretaker government interior minister with his 10 million henchmen ready for war, that he mentioned on (3 stages), I believe!!!

Ok fair enough. I stand corrected it is the government calling for Thailand to be split.

Was she complaining about the bullet holes in your feet.

It was more of a farting sound as the air kept leaking out.

• Like 1

If TVF members can't agree on the daily shenanigans, by intimiating/claiming they're of a higher IQ what chance does the Thai's have??

Tit for tat postings, he said she said, my dad's bigger than your dad it's great entertainment, sure does pass the dull days, makes you wonder if anyone does any actual work, other than slagging each other off all day clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Both sides have said and done some dumb stupid stuff, from threatening to kidnap members of the caretaker Government, to splitting the country, never mind High season, it's dumb season!!