Bangkok Traffic Police to reinforce strict rule from March 7

webfact

One of the most important traffic campaigns is stricter enforcement of parking rules. Owners who violate the regulation will be fined up to 500 baht each. In addition, they will have to pay 500 baht for the towing fee and 200 baht daily for storage.

This is one for the "Thailand is a bargain paradise" list, in the US this would incur hundreds of dollars.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif
Traffic Police & rules ?
They are the most corrupt team which I have seen but use to I work Africa also.
They have a new system now for recieve the BST tea money for mia noi.
Just take a look, sukhumvit 62., opposite side, there is a sport land. If some-one (of course almost every-one) has to pay to dirty pocket, has to go inside the sport land, behind the fence and hadge, and the "cassa" is there.
The police have to aviod the lot of camera (cars, phones from BTS station, bus station, bypassers).
Very very smart. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif They can respond to the new challenge. wub.png

What the hell are you trying to say ....???

I'm scratching my head too!

"One of the most important traffic campaigns is stricter enforcement of parking rules"

Yes thats the most important thing isnt it, I wonder how many are killed due to bad parking as opposed to plain moronic driving............. they make u laugh they really dorolleyes.gif

Not that strange really, if emergency vehicles cant pass beacuse of parked cars in bad spots ...

That one is mostly caused by bad city planning, ie you put a high raise building on the end of a very narrow street and voila - youve made a potential mess if people park as usual. 1 free lane is OK for cars but when big (fire)trucks need to get there cant, well.

Some people seem to forget that the poor traffic police have been hit hard financially by the anti government protests. These have been difficult times for them what with having to keep a low profile instead of being out and about collecting fines.

did you forget they get a government salary as well ? all that tea money they collect is just a one of the "perks " of the job smile.png

unless they been living well outside their means im sure a few weeks protest hasnt put them in financially " difficult times "

and if it has then they deserve it

Yes,.. and that salary is Pi$$ poor... that has a lot to do with their motivation for tea money!

Their motivation is that they are genetally a bunch of nasty crooks. I can't remember the last time a nurse tried to extort me...oh wait..it's nevrr happened! Their salaries are equally as sh*t.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"One of the most important traffic campaigns is stricter enforcement of parking rules"

Yes thats the most important thing isnt it, I wonder how many are killed due to bad parking as opposed to plain moronic driving............. they make u laugh they really dorolleyes.gif

Not that strange really, if emergency vehicles cant pass beacuse of parked cars in bad spots ...

That one is mostly caused by bad city planning, ie you put a high raise building on the end of a very narrow street and voila - youve made a potential mess if people park as usual. 1 free lane is OK for cars but when big (fire)trucks need to get there cant, well.

City planning? Bangkok?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

While not underestimating the issue of moronic free-for-all parking, I tend to agree that the major killers - alcohol/drugs,speed and not using seatbelts are probably more important.

In relation to lack of access for fire trucks etc, what about the thousands and thousands of houses accessible only by tiny alleyways or raised wooden walkways?

No chance at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app