Thai hotels ranked among world's cheapest

webfact

Thai hotels ranked among world's cheapest

PNECO570305001001101_05032014_063858.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 March 2014 (NNT) – The UK-based website Hotels.com has placed three popular destinations in Thailand among the top 10 for the most affordable accommodations in the world.

A survey was conducted by Hotels.com, provider of online booking services, on 116 tourist destinations around the globe in order to compare their prices of accommodations between 2012 and 2013. The average hotel price was found to have increased 69%, with most of the price hikes seen in European hotels.

Three of Thailand’s tourist hotspots, namely Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Bangkok, were said to be among the places offering the lowest prices for lodging, being ranked at number 4, 5 and 8 respectively. Hotels in Chiang Mai reportedly cost as little as 2,300 baht a night on average while 2,550 baht a night was charged by those in Pattaya and 3,050 baht in Bangkok.

The lowest hotel rate was recorded in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, at just 1,650 baht a night, followed by Hanoi and Siem Reap. Meanwhile, the most expensive ones were in Monte Carlo, Monaco, at 9,900 baht.

Hotels.com concluded that destinations in Asia were most suitable for travelers who were shopping for cheap accommodations. It also cited political and economic problems as major factors reducing hotel prices, as seen in Cambodia and Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-06 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

I remember hotels being much cheaper than what they are saying just last year when I visited Pattaya. I think 1000 a night was on the expensive end for ac room. Are those prices for hotels with 3 or higher star rating?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

i agree too. when i stay in hotels or "resorts" (thai interpretation of resort that is!) it's mainly in the 350-500 THB range (except for BKK).

for the 350-500 prices above i get fridge (free water + regularly free nescafé too), tv, hot shower, often even a/c and always had really clean rooms. that's a bargain!

in fact i've never paid more than 700 THB in thailand for a room and no i don't stay in KO SAN ROAD kinda places.

Will you, please, stop complaining.

Generally Thai Hotels are very cheap and offer a very good service.

Just think of the rip off prices back in your own country, especially in Europe.

Everyone has a god given right to complain,it's known as DEMOCRACY

• Like 1

i agree too. when i stay in hotels or "resorts" (thai interpretation of resort that is!) it's mainly in the 350-500 THB range (except for BKK).

for the 350-500 prices above i get fridge (free water + regularly free nescafé too), tv, hot shower, often even a/c and always had really clean rooms. that's a bargain!

in fact i've never paid more than 700 THB in thailand for a room and no i don't stay in KO SAN ROAD kinda places.

700bt in Bangkok. ... lol , is that some kind of hostel or something. Whatever , at that price it has to be pretty basic and probably off the beaten track. For anything decent with a few comforts it's more like 2,000bt , even then that's nothing special. The Landmark @3700bt with Agoda is nice and the perfect location.

Will you, please, stop complaining.

Generally Thai Hotels are very cheap and offer a very good service.

Just think of the rip off prices back in your own country, especially in Europe.

Everyone has a god given right to complain,it's known as DEMOCRACY

Or it could be known as whinging for the sake of whinging.

• Like 2

cheapest for us sometimes...in bangkok a cheap room is most of the time synonyme of bad or very bad.. but..in a country where most people have less than 10 000 baths a mounth can't afford 4000 baths for a room a night.....Only tourist can....!.My wife in ubon ratchathani give a bungalow brand new for 700 baths a night only, wich is very very cheap.http://www.hadkuduaview.com......too cheap but she can not increase the price because the offer is more than the demand ...everyday they build new hotel or resort everywhere.....so they make it cheap to catch a bird....but quality most of the time is not what it should be really.

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

I stayed at the Hilton Sukumvhit last week. Perfect service and for the money I paid I'd get a 3-star in any large Western city (or e.g. Hanoi or Singapore for that matter).

Yes - if you compare the same brand in asia eg the Holiday Inn with its namesake in Europe, you will find a huge difference in value for money. A Holiday Inn in Bangkok is like an Intercontinental in Europe, while a Holiday Inn Express in Bangkok is still better facilities / standard than a Holiday Inn in Europe, which is just a crashpad..

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'Thai hotels ranked among world's cheapest'

​sure, if you're talking about quality, service, security, professionalism, etc.

I think those are items that Cheap Charlie's can not comprehend.

The use of the work cheep, is incorrect, the phrase of less expensive is more accurate. Cheap also could indicate the the standards of quality and service are also low.

+1

My very thoughts.

In Thailand ( and Cambodia, Vietnam, Eastern Malaysia )you will find a room for around 2000 THB that will cost you an arm and a leg in Europe or the States. You get a certain level of luxury you couldn't afford at home. That's what this story is about. 500 - 1000 THB might be ok for a few nights but I want great and not ok for the rare days of a year I have precious private time. I am glad that I can get this in TH for a fraction of the price I would pay in Spain, France or Italy.

• Like 1