deposit account at bangkok bank

Having had the brush off with the no WP no can have deposit account in branches I emailed them and got the following reply. Seems all I need is a letter of recommendation from my Embassy, who say they do not provide such letters! It does say one of the following documents but then only gives the Embassy letter. Anyway, there is no need for a WP if retired, why can't Banks branches follow their own rules. here's what you need for a deposit account:

Dear Customer,

Regarding for your inquiry about opening an account, please be informed you that the details as this follows:

- If you have permanent residency in Thailand. Document required is valid passport or Alien Certificate

or Certificate of Residence and House Registration document.

- If you are working in Thailand and hold a non-immigrant B visa. Document required is valid passport

and valid work permit

- If you hold a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa e.g. ED, EX, F, IB, IM, M, O, O-A, R, RS, D, F, SE, MT

and S (except non-immigrant L-A visa). Document required is valid passport, and ONE of the

following documents:

- A letter of recommendation from Embassy

. You will also need to provide evidence of your address in Thailand as well as your regular address in your home country.

Our main branches open Monday to Friday at 8.30-15.30

Open fixed account minimum is 2000 baht

Edited by sms747

And yet many people manage to open accounts at Bangkok Bank branches as well as other Thai banks, as explained the many, many other threads that deal with the same issue. I guess it's just all too difficult for some people.

• Like 1

When I first came to Thailand I had the same issue. But all it took was having a Thai sponsor me. They just sign a form at the bank with you present. That was the hotel clerk where I was staying at the time. Bangkok Bank is the easiest to work with. Once you have your first bank book, then if you decide to open an account at different bank, you can use it as a form of verification. I've never had an issue afterwards anywhere. Try that approach.

re

Once you have your first bank book, then if you decide to open an account at different bank, you can use it as a form of verification

hes right !

i spread my 800 odd over these six every year

easy peasy :)

dave2

post-42592-0-46293400-1394154361_thumb.j

I've got several deposit accounts at other banks but it's always the same palarva to open one, yes of course you can go to another branch, but if they followed their own rules customers should not have to. This have to have a WP claim is utter nonsense, but they still tell you it's needed. Often when you tell them how much you have this 'rule' suddenly disappears.