Hardcore redshirt leader Kotee ready to fight eye for eye, tooth for tooth

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Dem's, when a political party refuses to run in elections, they cease to be a political party.

On the rest, of course I have to agree.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hey Everybody! New rule! If a party doesn't participate in an election they cease to be a party.

I couldn't possibly have devised a better object lesson. PRECISELY the kind of thinking that got Pheu Thai to where they are today! I'm here to tell you this is right on the money! "New Rule #378: We've rigged the system, but if you don't play our game by our rules and participate in this election, you're out for good!" A new rule for every occasion, eh there OMR? Just keep on making stuff up until they give up and go home. Now there's a plan!

Hey Everybody! No need to make up rules. There is an Organic Act on Political Parties.

Elections and the judicial system are two of the most important checks and balances in a democracy. In boycotting two elections (one was nullified due to bad placement of ballot boxes) the Dem's are disallowing one of these checks and balances. When a registered Thai voter boycotts an election, they lose their right to vote. When a registered political party boycotts an election, what then?

Really. If they don't vote, they lose their right to vote? Banned for life? I didn't know that. Got a source?

Try the election laws (if you read Thai). I know they had 7 days to provide an excuse (out of town etc.), but few did. Right now I am trying to find out how long the ban is for and whether it covers the Senatorial election. The one's I have talked to who didn't vote are saying that they wouldn't have been led to do this if it wasn't temporary and anyway Thai people know (how many times have we heard that).

BTW, it didn't impact Aphisit as his polling location was closed due to the protests.

Believe me, I hope I am wrong about this.

Chapter IV, Section 72 really doesn't clear much up as to penalties, other than voting is compulsory. Maybe in the Election Law, if I can find it in English.

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2007/

On the Dem's, when a political party refuses to run in elections, they cease to be a political party.

Hey Everybody! New rule! If a party doesn't participate in an election they cease to be a party.

I couldn't possibly have devised a better object lesson. PRECISELY the kind of thinking that got Pheu Thai to where they are today! I'm here to tell you this is right on the money! "New Rule #378: We've rigged the system, but if you don't play our game by our rules and participate in this election, you're out for good!" A new rule for every occasion, eh there OMR? Just keep on making stuff up until they give up and go home. Now there's a plan!

Hey Everybody! No need to make up rules. There is an Organic Act on Political Parties.

Elections and the judicial system are two of the most important checks and balances in a democracy. In boycotting two elections (one was nullified due to bad placement of ballot boxes) the Dem's are disallowing one of these checks and balances. When a registered Thai voter boycotts an election, they lose their right to vote. When a registered political party boycotts an election, what then?

Really. If they don't vote, they lose their right to vote? Banned for life? I didn't know that. Got a source?

Try the election laws (if you read Thai). I know they had 7 days to provide an excuse (out of town etc.), but few did. Right now I am trying to find out how long the ban is for and whether it covers the Senatorial election. The one's I have talked to who didn't vote are saying that they wouldn't have been led to do this if it wasn't temporary and anyway Thai people know (how many times have we heard that).

BTW, it didn't impact Aphisit as his polling location was closed due to the protests.

Chapter IV, Section 72 really doesn't clear much up as to penalties, other than voting is compulsory. Maybe in the Election Law, if I can find it in English.

Got it now, and happily it doesn't seem like anything my friends will be interested in:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/issuesanswers/2012/article1284.html

Got it now, and happily it doesn't seem like anything my friends will be interested in:

In other words it means absolutely nothing unless you have aspirations to be a senator or want to petition them etc:

Not vote - mai bpen rai, nothing will change for the next election!!!

Haven't they incarcerated this loud-mouthed half wit yet? Or at least gelded him?

Who??? Chalerm, Tarit, Kittirat, Plodrasop!!!

Don't keep me in suspense.

The hardcore red shirt leader koh tee - hot headed turnip cruncher from Pathum Thani

But now that you mention it..........

You could throw Surapong onto that pile too

Haven't they incarcerated this loud-mouthed half wit yet? Or at least gelded him?

Who??? Chalerm, Tarit, Kittirat, Plodrasop!!!

Don't keep me in suspense.

The hardcore red shirt leader koh tee - hot headed turnip cruncher from Pathum Thani

But now that you mention it..........

You could throw Surapong onto that pile too

Oh!! that geezer the 'secessionist goon' - its just that you're description fitted so many people that I can think of that I forgot what the topic was about!!

In other words it means absolutely nothing unless you have aspirations to be a senator or want to petition them etc:

Be a senator or MP etc. What I am wondering, and really haven't checked out, is who besides Suthep has been publicly quoted as telling people not to vote. Pretty much, for sure based on this, Suthep's comments about not wanting to be in Parliament are holding true.

So, you didn't really know what you were talking about when you said they'd lose their right to vote... Isn't that right?

How come he's not in custody yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How come none of them are in custody yet ?? :)

Suthep can stay in 5 star silom hotels

Yinluck doesnt bother going to court

Kotee is making allsorts of threats

Countless warrants have been issued and nothing has been done

are all the police just drinking beer and playing pool somewhere ?

why is chalerm issueing warrants every day and not ordering his police chiefs to grab the suspects

• Like 1

So, you didn't really know what you were talking about when you said they'd lose their right to vote... Isn't that right?

You really got up early this morning just to make this comment. I am honored.

It is compulsory, but the penalties are different. I corrected myself. Imagine that, someone on TV actually correcting their own misstatement.

Be a senator or MP etc. What I am wondering, and really haven't checked out, is who besides Suthep has been publicly quoted as telling people not to vote. Pretty much, for sure based on this, Suthep's comments about not wanting to be in Parliament are holding true.

He has already stated that he will retire once the Shinawatra's have gone.

At least one party doesn't tell lies all the time - I can guarantee that Yingluck, Kittirat, Surapong, Chalerm and the whole bunch of em tell lies after lies after lies!!! I have probably lied once or twice in my lifetime when its absolutely essential to - it has got my into trouble (telling the truth) time after time and made things worse for me, but at least my conscience is clear.

If someone asks me if they are beautiful or not I will tell them no!! if that's what I truly think - I pride myself on this honesty even if it doesn't help me make friends (or even lose them on occasion). I tell people not to ask me these sorts of questions as they might not like the answer they receive - but at least they know there is honesty behind it!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

He has already stated that he will retire once the Shinawatra's have gone.

At least one party doesn't tell lies all the time - I can guarantee that Yingluck, Kittirat, Surapong, Chalerm and the whole bunch of em tell lies after lies after lies!!! I have probably lied once or twice in my lifetime when its absolutely essential to - it has got my into trouble (telling the truth) time after time and made things worse for me, but at least my conscience is clear.

If someone asks me if they are beautiful or not I will tell them no!! if that's what I truly think - I pride myself on this honesty even if it doesn't help me make friends (or even lose them on occasion). I tell people not to ask me these sorts of questions as they might not like the answer they receive - but at least they know there is honesty behind it!!!

Honesty is rare in Thai politics. People who tell lie after lie forget who they told the truth to so your way is better.

• Like 1

It is compulsory, but the penalties are different. I corrected myself. Imagine that, someone on TV actually correcting their own misstatement.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

OK, so all the whining & petulance aside ... you also then retract your statement about the "Dem's" "disallowing" "checks and balances", an assertion based on this voting rights misinformation of yours...

You see, this is what happens when you start to peel back the layers of a red onion...

OK, you can start your whining again.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

OK, so all the whining & petulance aside ... you also then retract your statement about the "Dem's" "disallowing" "checks and balances", an assertion based on this voting rights misinformation of yours...

You see, this is what happens when you start to peel back the layers of a red onion...

OK, you can start your whining again.

Have a good day.