Condo or not a Condo deal or no deal please can you help

Slinky1958

I have been biiten here with a house before with the so callked Farang builder

5 years down the line my thai wife is termnially ill and I am considering whether really to invest again here or not I have found a off plan condo by the sea in jomiten

3 year plan but no guarantee if it will be built

What the general rule here as this is a uk base 2 guy operation that own the land in a thai company.Just nrevous that I pay out 20k in pounds prior to build then 1 year after 20k then the balance on completion

can any one advise me deal or no deal

Are you saying your wife is deceased in about 5 years? And you asking if you should buy a non-existant condo........lol.

Up 2 you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pissed i just moved into a brand new condo in bkk. The internet wasnt hooked up yet and after a short delay im thinking about walking away from my 2 month security deposit of $820.

Its a good thing al gore invented the internet...........................lol. god bless the doofus.

Well, the scam works like this, they offer you pretty pictures and a fairy tale. Then take as much money as they can suck out of you. Then continue to squeeze money until you stop giving. Then they disappear. Pretty simple actually and it works great, they have been doing this scam for years.

Cheers would like some sound advise not sarcasm my wife is dying and I am deciding wether to stsy here or not and look for a condo I have never bought off plan and dont know these scams any advice woukd be help ful

You ever heard of this RENTAL concept? Buying is usually for people who know things-whether want to stay or not want to stay.

Do not buy off plan, plenty of units in Jomtien started by farangs who transferred all the money home! Look at Sawan Saun, five years behind with still no end date in sight! The best thing you can do is look after your dear wife until she passes then Rent something and think about your future! Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

Cheers would like some sound advise not sarcasm my wife is dying and I am deciding wether to stsy here or not and look for a condo I have never bought off plan and dont know these scams any advice woukd be help ful

Can you remember the feeling you had when that Farrang Builder conned you out of your hard earned money? Well, try and remember that now. Still want to buy? The answer was always there.

• Like 2

You may be lucky, but why take the risk of losing 40,000 pounds? And it is a risk. Plenty of condos for sale and there are guys who want to sell so some will even self finance. Just look around.

Good luck with your wife.

• Like 1

I believe the earlier advice you received is spot on. DO NOT BUY OFF THE PLAN.

There is no point. There are so so many completed condos intThailand. I'm a builder and did small subdivisions. Sometimes people would buy just before completion . Mainly to avoid tax. But they could basically see what they were getting. Also we have insurance protection for buyer in Au ,now 8 years. Buying in Thailand off the plan is just risky.

No doubt there will no be some posts with "I did it and workedperfect"

My reply...you lucky fella

1) ONLY go for reputed listed developers, like e.g. Raimonland (for A grade) or AP / Sansiri etc (for B grade)

2) Location

3) Location

4) Location

Id rate Sansiri as "z" grade, seen some of their units after 5 years and they look awful,

Do not buy off plan, plenty of units in Jomtien started by farangs who transferred all the money home! Look at Sawan Saun, five years behind with still no end date in sight! The best thing you can do is look after your dear wife until she passes then Rent something and think about your future! Just my opinion of course.

Spot on. My wife died, I did exactly this.

How can you make any sort of sensible decision when under stress.

Don't buy off plan...

Know the area well in which you want to buy.

Then find the exact building you want to live in..

Until that time rent, if you are of an age, just rent..the economics of buying are just not justifiable unless you like and feel more comfortable owning.

Then come back on here and ask for recommendations or thoughts on a certain building. Within all the bullshit on here some people offer good advice as they live in or near the area.

I would recommend that you Indeed move away and into a condo..makes for a more convenient and less hassled life later and more importantly less isolation.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear about your situation, surely a difficult time and wish you all the best and lot of power.

Now for your question: Lot of people have bought off plan and things worked out, sometimes with delays, but at the end they worked out. Others are still waiting since years for the start of even the fencing of the construction area.

Few small advices

1 ) check out these guys, what did they build in the past, how does their record look (what projects did they do, what was the delay, how do the projects look today)

2 ) if they have no record to show and no success to prove, leave your hands off THEIR project, look for a company with a successful record

3 ) do NOT buy off plan, if you can't afford to write off the money.

4 ) do a deal with them where you pay a SMALL staring amount and ONLY pay the further installments based on building progress

5 ) do NOT do any of the above, if the company does not have an APPROVED project.

Good luck for you.

Spot on. My wife died, I did exactly this.

How can you make any sort of sensible decision when under stress.

Don't buy off plan...

Know the area well in which you want to buy.

Then find the exact building you want to live in..

Until that time rent, if you are of an age, just rent..the economics of buying are just not justifiable unless you like and feel more comfortable owning.

Then come back on here and ask for recommendations or thoughts on a certain building. Within all the bullshit on here some people offer good advice as they live in or near the area.

I would recommend that you Indeed move away and into a condo..makes for a more convenient and less hassled life later and more importantly less isolation.

Good luck.

Perfect advice above from this member.

I haven't purchased yet for one main reason. The rent to ownership ratio is just not there. And doubt long run capital gain will make it a different story. Having said that a lot of people my age 50,s and especially from AU where home ownership is the norm .I probably will end up buying but really I know its dumb. Rents are so reasonable here you can live in a place say pattaya and whenever its stale for you or you meet a chick from say kanchanaburi then you move. Simple

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"a uk base 2 guy operation that own the land in a thai company. Just nrevous that I pay out 20k in pounds prior to build then 1 year after 20k then the balance on completion"

This has "scam" written on it in letters 100 feet high.

• Like 2

I have lived in Thailand for 30 years and probably know all there is to know regarding how to survive in the land of scams.

Whatever you do, do not give any monies upfront, not under any circumstances, and especially avoid doing business with other farangs if possible. In Thailand, if the crap hits the fan and you are left high and dry, there are virtually no come backs to the farangs who own these condos as they will probably be long gone before you have the chance to say; WTH.

If you are seriously interested in purchasing a condo, than buy one that is already built and all the proper paperwork has been established. Also look into who and what companies are running the management companies pertaining to these condos and peruse the lease and contracts very carefully, otherwise you could end up trapped in a terrible situation that you may regret and it turn into hell for you.

Otherwise, whatever you decide to do, you do at your own risk and discretion. But you have been warned by me and many others who are old hands here and know the score.

• Like 2