Need of help: Hydergine?

caller

Hi everyone!!

I'm in desperate need of help! :(

I'll try to be brief: I currently live in India (Chennai) and will be here the following months for work.

I'm on a prescription drug called Hydergine made by Novartis because I suffer from a cerebrovascular disease.

I was only able to get one month of prescription from home but I thought that would be alright since Hydergine is listed at MIMS as a drug available in India.

Unfortunately, Novartis has recently stopped manufacturing hydergine here and not one single pharmacy or hospital has it in stock!!

I have been in contact with Novartis India though and they told me Hydergine FAS is still available in Thailand, and it would be easy for me to go there over a weekend.

What I'd like to know though is what the price for Hydergine FAS is over there, since I know it can be very expensive in some countries.

Is there any chance anyone would be able to help me check this out?

I'd be hugely grateful for this and I'd be happy to compensate you for the trouble.

Kind regards,

caller

A quick search of MIMS indicates there are several versions of the drug available in Thailand. (Generic name "Ergoloid". There doesn't appear to be the Novartis version available, though.) However, it's Class D meaning it's not "prescription only" (good news), but you need a "first grade" pharmacist to sell it. You may have trouble finding one of those outside a hospital.

As another poster has said, Novartis Hydergine is not available in Thailand but several generic equivalents are.

Hydergine = dihydroergotoxine mesylate

Brands available in Thailand = Alergot, Helcon, Hyceral, Hydrine, Hymed, Naline, Togine, Trigogine, and Vasian

All of these brands are locally made in Thailand and available without prescription.

Sorry I do nto know the cost but as the drug is locally made and there are many different local brands it is not likely ot be expensive.

Take the list of brand names with you to a large pharmacy. In Bangkok, I suggest one of these:

• Fascino - opposite Siriraj Hospital in Thonburi (there is also another large pharmacy next door to it)
  • Southeast Pharmacy on Sukhumvitjust west of Soi 15
  • Roong Rote Pharmacy on Sukhumviut Soi 77 (go into the Soi, about 40 meters)
  • Various pharmacies on Rajawiuthi Rad near Victory Monument opposite the hospital

Thank you so so so much for your help!!! This is of huge benefit to me!!

Now that it's available in generic form I'll just go there, this will help me so much.. BUT I just realized, do anyone of you know of any good online pharmacies that might be able to ship to India?? This would be even more convenient, if only the price ain't too high..

Have you checked if it may be available in India under other brand names? I would check that first.

I have but the non-generic Novartis version is the only available as it seems sad.png

You may want to check again. What about CELEROID (manufacturer: Sun) and HYD (manufacturer: Sunrise) - both are listed as available in India?