Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

The new information shows that the plane could have been flying for several hundred miles, maybe it crashed into the remote jungle of Borneo, who knows.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wasn't it flying west according to the latest info?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BBC just reported that the military radar tracked a possible target across the straits of Malacca -- heading west or south-west. This, combined with the reports of fishermen sightings of a low-flying jet heading that way, make me lean towards a sophisticated hi-jacking.

Doesn't it what. Carried out with 'military' precision. Any group carrying out such an operation would need to have access to classified flight path info, radar blind spots etc etc. Highly sophisticated as you say.

Flight plans are easy to extrapolate by looking at previous data. Radar blind spots for civilian radar are also not difficult to discover. All very do-able and they only tripped up when the military radar spotted them.

One wonders if the plan was starting to unravel for some reason like fuel mis-calculation and they had to ditch.

There were a lot of very clever people on that flight -- goodness knows what they were capable of - given a few smart phones and a screwdriver -- voluntarily or not......

Edited by jpinx

Used to be, did it not?: Lies, More Lies and Statistics. Looks Like, now, Lies, More Lies and Malaysia. Am no shrink

but, if my family were missing in this cock-up, after..how many hours of bullshit? ..I would start to get really

angry....no wonder they were throwing things at MAS people in Beijing. MAS and Malaysian authorities have played by

the worst secretive rulebook. Normal I suppose in PRC. Americans and Ozzies pretty quiet, too. Boeing and Freescale

not to be seen!! As one poster said: Of course the priority is the families and passengers and crew; but we all want to know that this could not happen, again, anywhere. Human error, I guess, has no limits.

And then this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1zx8m5/china_times_reports_that_the_us_embassy_said_the/

Oh you mean they all decided to go Pattaya?

Chose not to try and land at Terenganu. Could he have made it to U-Tapao? God knows! Why would a cockpit be breaking up?

Edited by laolover88

BBC just reported that the military radar tracked a possible target across the straits of Malacca -- heading west or south-west. This, combined with the reports of fishermen sightings of a low-flying jet heading that way, make me lean towards a sophisticated hi-jacking.

It's a complete turn around ...crossing southern Thailand heading towards Indonesia. Why has this taken so long to surface ?

Why has this taken so long to surface ? Probably because at the time it was not seen, or seen as anything unusual, obviously anybody who has radar recordings in the area has been scrutinizing them.

I presume this is just a blip with no transponder data giving ID, Squawk, and Altitude.

Yes -- I reckon they're going over all the recordings with a fine-toothed comb

Edited by jpinx

Why did it take 4 days for this new info from the Malaysia military to get out? A lot of countries and people will be pizzed.

I have a gut feeling they knew all along - the initial news report stated that the last know signal was 2.40 am, then they quickly back tracked on that, to an earlier time. 2.40 am is, as we know now, when the Malay military last detected the plane. It's smelling like a coverup more and more.

The question now remains -- if the aircraft ditched in a calm sea -- Hudson River style -- could there be survivors floating around on the slides.

Each slide raft has an emergency pack that includes an ELT (Emergency Locator Transmitter).

Satellites are circling the Earth all the time searching for distress signals from ELT's, I think it is something like 4 hours max to locate a signal.

Also I doubt they would find anywhere smooth enough to ditch in one piece.

Edited by Basil B

Why did it take 4 days for this new info from the Malaysia military to get out? A lot of countries and people will be pizzed.

I have a gut feeling they knew all along - the initial news report stated that the last know signal was 2.40 am, then they quickly back tracked on that, to an earlier time. 2.40 am is, as we know now, when the Malay military last detected the plane. It's smelling like a coverup more and more.

Yes, that's the question I posted earlier, I found it strange they first announced it was 2 hours into a 6 hours flight but it was still just between Malaysia and Vietnam.

... or chaos and confusion. If it were a coverup why should they now uncover?

Just saw this, about the co-pilot allowing passengers in the cockpit during flight

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=729589907086179

bizarre indeed but doesn't have much to do with the current situation. thanks for posting. i would imagine the young lady was paid for the story.

A Current Affair a trashy Australian 30 minute so called current affair program. If you get sucked in by this trashy show well????

If you noticed a few of these pics in the show were on the ground so I wouldn't be surprised if the girls were shacking up with the pilots and saw an opportunity to make a few dollars and 15 minutes of fame. Nothing to indicate that the plane was actually in flight.

The United States has spy satellites that can read the serial number of

a dollar bill you are holding.

Don't you watch too much movies .

Hey I like movies.... The best resolution for an older discontinued American spy satellite was

2.5 inches. So can only guess what current ones can do....

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/3637/are-military-spy-satellites-as-advanced-as-people-think-they-are

In any event a scan by a satellite sure seems more efficient than flying around a helicopter....

On a side note, with the misinformation and lies coming from Malaysia and Malaysian Airlines

with their bizarre cover up, ( Oops sorry the plane is really west of Malaysia not north)

China is going to be super pissed off. Water bottle throwing will just be the start. With

153 Chinese citizens missing, you can be assured that the truth will come out....

Regarding the pilot in command having in essence a very complex 777 simulation setup

in his house, perhaps he was training himself for some upcoming tricky flying.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Yes, that's the question I posted earlier, I found it strange they first announced it was 2 hours into a 6 hours flight but it was still just between Malaysia and Vietnam.

I too. It didn't make sense and does arouse suspicion.

Hey I like movies.... The best resolution for an older discontinued American spy satellite was

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/3637/are-military-spy-satellites-as-advanced-as-people-think-they-are

In any event a scan by a satellite sure seems more efficient than flying around a helicopter....

On a side note, with the misinformation and lies coming from Malaysia and Malaysian Airlines

with their bizarre cover up, ( Oops sorry the plane is really west of Malaysia not north)

China is going to be super pissed off. Water bottle throwing will just be the start. With

153 Chinese citizens missing, you can be assured that the truth will come out....

Regarding the pilot in command having in essence a very complex 777 simulation setup

in his house, perhaps he was training himself for some upcoming tricky flying.....

I don't see anything suspicious about a pilot having a 777 simulator in his house. Some people just love their work and live for it 24/7.

If he was training himself for some tricky flying why would he post these photos on Facebook?

About the only thing we haven't had here is an island that splits in two with a just underwater runway leading into it.

I hope they find the thing soon so I can get to sleep.

The families must be going through hell with this. It may have been better if as full as possible facts had come out earlier. In the end they usually surface and truth is really the best policy.

Many of us probably have more time on our hands than is good for us and it has given something to try and put together like a big jigsaw puzzle. It is a pity someone keeps hiding all the best pieces.

Edited by harrry

So where on Sumatra can a T7 land?

Hi,

Banda Aceh and Medan in Sumatra.

A course reversal due to a significant problem, the crew may head for Penang but songkhla is actually the closest to the last know position.

Edited by khaosai

I note on the pilots' forum a suggestion that the plane lost all comms due to some unexplained event, and that the pilot maybe turned back to fly 'blind' back to KL, but that the plane was then shot down by the Malaysians themselves who possibly mistook this 'anonymous' plane as some sort of terrorist threat.

Sounds far-fetched? Maybe not - and it would explain the confusing messages being given out by the Malaysian military - try explaining to the Chinese government that you have just killed dozens of their citizens by mistake.....

In time, I hope the truth will come out.

Simon

I note on the pilots' forum a suggestion that the plane lost all comms due to some unexplained event, and that the pilot maybe turned back to fly 'blind' back to KL, but that the plane was then shot down by the Malaysians themselves who possibly mistook this 'anonymous' plane as some sort of terrorist threat.

Sounds far-fetched? Maybe not - and it would explain the confusing messages being given out by the Malaysian military - try explaining to the Chinese government that you have just killed dozens of their citizens by mistake.....

Simon

I'm along these lines too! Why is it only coming out now about the military tracking it's movements. I.e the urn around from the aircraft? Just caught the back end of the news in the uk with regards to people phoning mobile phones and the phones ringing? Also something to do with social media websites..... Either way I go back to what I said about 45 pages ago.... This reeks of a cover up!!

Simon

I'm along these lines too! Why is it only coming out now about the military tracking it's movements. I.e the urn around from the aircraft? Just caught the back end of the news in the uk with regards to people phoning mobile phones and the phones ringing? Also something to do with social media websites..... Either way I go back to what I said about 45 pages ago.... This reeks of a cover up!!
Hi,

It could well be the case, but if you have a communication problem with the aircraft radios you can select a specific 4 digit code in the aircraft transponder which will alert the appropriate agency that your radios have failed. You could also call the appropriate air traffic control on the satellite phone to inform them of the situation. This all assumes that the transponder and sat phone are working of course.

When flying along, crews always monitor the international VHF distress frequency 121.5. It's not uncommon to hear the emergency locator transmitter (ELT) on this distress frequency. When the crews hear it they will inform air traffic control. As stated by previous posters the signal strength will be greatly reduced if underwater.

Edited by khaosai

I don't see anything suspicious about a pilot having a 777 simulator in his house. Some people just love their work and live for it 24/7.

If he was training himself for some tricky flying why would he post these photos on Facebook?

Maybe someone else saw him as suitable for a 'mission'.

The misinformation, and conflicting reports, are going to make Malaysian Airlines

and example of how NOT to handle an air disaster... I still think this airplane has

been hijacked ,electronics disabled, and was flown under the radar to an unknown

destination. The United States has spy satellites that can read the serial number of

a dollar bill you are holding. If there was wreckage floating around, they would have

found it.

i agree ,their satelliete imaging could see if theres milk in your coffee or not ......

but that doesnt explain why theyre wasting time and money flying around in circles

"lookin for it " in 2 expensive planes