Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

I would say the odds are very high that is a maritime raft very similar to the below maritime raft. The orange 'tent' is a give away. The one below even says Boarding.

PIC-29A.jpg

Nice find Tywais... How is the world did MMEA lose a life raft that was tied to a fishing

boat, perhaps a critical piece of evidence ?? When this episode is over, I suspect a lot

of people are going to lose their jobs as Malaysia is coming off as the laughing stock of

the world.

Seems we are seeing the results of Malaysia's racial policy to promote Bumiputras first, instead of basing it on competence.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say the odds are very high that is a maritime raft very similar to the below maritime raft. The orange 'tent' is a give away. The one below even says Boarding.

PIC-29A.jpg

They would have a hell of a time getting that through the door of an aircraft. I wouldn't expect it is designed to be thrown out of the plane, then deployed on the ocean first, and then the survivors swim to it.

As has been mentioned, I believe they use the emergency exit slides for life rafts. All these years of fly around the place I have never seen anything like the raft in the pic above in any pre flight safety brief. Just the big, yellow slip and slide.

Last radio transmission has just been stated : " alright, Good night."

What's that suppose to mean?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10687223/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He was told to transfer to talking to the Vietnamese Air Controllers. He acknowed by saying allright , goodnight as you may say to anyone when leaving at night. I would not read anthing suspicious in that.

What the bleep ??????????????? Here is the location of AF447. Not sure about your

eyesight, but you will notice it is in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, versus a short

300 mile stretch across the lower end of the Gulf of Thailand had the plane actually

stayed on its flight path.

AF447-debris.jpg

However since it appears

that the Malaysian plane is flying all over the place, I guess the search area would be

encompassed by a 7000 kilometer radius circle with KL at the center of it....

With all due respect mate, FlightGlobal were than ones that published this image and stated that the yellow circle was the AF447 search area, superimposed for comparison. I think they might be considered a credible source.

BiX9SW3CcAAM9wU.jpg

Last radio transmission has just been stated : " alright, Good night."

What's that suppose to mean?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10687223/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html

He was told to transfer to talking to the Vietnamese Air Controllers. He acknowed by saying allright , goodnight as you may say to anyone when leaving at night. I would not read anthing suspicious in that.
Yes, you are right! But if that's the case and lost communication right after that, how could the oil rig dude seen the plane? Isn't his position way far from the last communication spot?

Location of oil rig where worker claims to have seen the burning aircraft referenced in post 1284 above.

attachicon.gifOil Rig.jpg

The email states that the guy was looking west and estimated the distance 50 - 70Kms which puts the object he saw very close to the intended flightpath. This really is a very plausible possibility indeed.

If true, makes a mockery of the Army's statement 12 hours ago about radar pinging over Malacca ...

Remember, primary radar can only "see" an object, not identify what it actually is (assuming comms are not working). That would require a visual sightlng, so I think we can excuse them for not being absolutely certain.

The location of the oil worker sighting does appear to be in roughly the correct location, and is well outside of the current search areas. There are plenty of offshore rigs in that part of the South China Seas, so there could be some additional sighting to be acknowledged... I just hope it's not someone else "claiming fame".

Adds: and if there was a serious fire, this could explain the loss of comms. Strange that VN radar didn't pick it up though, so perhaps it had already descended below range. It is probably very difficult at night to be sure how high a burning aircraft is, and of course, he can't be sure how long it was visible before he actually saw it.

Edited by steve73

The location of the oil worker sighting does appear to be in roughly the correct location, and is well outside of the current search areas. There are plenty of offshore rigs inthat part of the South China Seas, so there could be some additional sighting to be acknowledged... I just hope it's not someone else "claiming fame".

Or worse, a hoax.

The location of the oil worker sighting does appear to be in roughly the correct location, and is well outside of the current search areas. There are plenty of offshore rigs inthat part of the South China Seas, so there could be some additional sighting to be acknowledged... I just hope it's not someone else "claiming fame".

Or worse, a hoax.

I very much doubt an O&G worker would risk his job by making such a serious hoax claim.. Of course, it could be total <deleted> from a complete idiot, but he does give the name of the rig, and his own name so it should be easy to check if there is such a worker on that vessel.

the message as read does not give a time. The plane could have continued for some time. I think that he gave his personal details as a sign of good faith that he saw something. Whether it was this or a meteorite I believe he did see something.

Or worse, a hoax.

I very much doubt an O&G worker would risk his job by making such a serious hoax claim.

So do I. Now think about what you just said s l o w l y.

wink.png

Search is now 27,000 sq. nm.

42 ships + 39 aircraft.

12 Countries helping.

India, Japan and Brunei the latest to join.

More experts required to analyse "data".

Boeing, FAA, NTSB are helping.

No mikes for the questioners, so no <deleted> idea what they are being asked.

Christ on a bike they are so incompetent it's unbelievable.

liive on CNN

he is saying at 02;40 the plane was 200 kms north west of Penang>>>BUT not really sure it is the missing airlines, hence reason they are looking in 2 places

they really dont have any idea and

i stick with alien abduction

Edited by phuketrichard

Hi,

generally the Boeing 777 - 200 aircraft has 4 ELT's onboard. One at the front stowage and one at the rear stowage of the aircraft. The other two are fitted individually on a slide/raft which will transmit automatically when in contact with water.

The ELT may work for 48 to 60 hours depending on the model used and transmits on VHF and UHF frequencies.

On the newer model of B777 there is a flight deck switch which controls a fuselage mounted ELT which will operate automatically due to a large impact.

Just seen the sky news channel with a simulation on what may have happened due to lack of oxygen for the pilots. Plausible, yes, but does not explain the lack of secondary surveillance radar picking up the transponder code.

Shades of The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight . . .

KUALA LUMPUR, March 12 — Malaysia, aspiring to become a developed nation in six years, is finding that more than 50 years under one coalition and tight control over information is a mismatch for handling a rapidly growing crisis followed around the world. China is calling on Malaysia to be more transparent as Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak lets his cousin be the face of the investigation into why a Malaysian Airline plane vanished on March 8.

Najib’s Organization leads the coalition governing the Southeast Asian nation. The government’s lack of a clear message, compounded by a series of false leads on the plane’s whereabouts and questions on coordination, risks undermining its image internationally. “They’re handling a huge global issue as if it was domestic politics,” said Clive Kessler, Emeritus Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, who has analyzed the nation’s politics for half a century. "You can understand the need for discretion and caution but it’s being perceived in Malaysia and elsewhere in the region as a bid to hide the truth.”

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/failing-to-manage-mh370-crisis-exposes-leadership-limit

Edited by metisdead
Edited per fair use policy

Already another complete shambles of a press conference. Surely cannot be loss of face to hire a PR Professional?

Hi,

I agree. Very frustrating not being able to hear clearly the questions asked. Why not issue some form of order as the journalists arrive. First to arrive allows the first opportunity to ask two questions each with a microphone and then on to the next person.

Hi,

generally the Boeing 777 - 200 aircraft has 4 ELT's onboard. One at the front stowage and one at the rear stowage of the aircraft. The other two are fitted individually on a slide/raft which will transmit automatically when in contact with water.

The ELT may work for 48 to 60 hours depending on the model used and transmits on VHF and UHF frequencies.

On the newer model of B777 there is a flight deck switch which controls a fuselage mounted ELT which will operate automatically due to a large impact.

Just seen the sky news channel with a simulation on what may have happened due to lack of oxygen for the pilots. Plausible, yes, but does not explain the lack of secondary surveillance radar picking up the transponder code.

I've just looked at the Egypt Air B777-200 fire 29th Jul 2009. This was suspected to have started in the cockpit, in in the region of the pilot oxygen supply. No fatalaties in this case as the aircraft was on the ground, and was evacuated safely...But what if a similar thing had happened whilst in the air?

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20110729-0

edit:...the egypt Air 777 was damaged beyond repair.

Edited by steve73

Looks like they finally got things under control . . .

Ibrahim Mat Zin (centre), a local well-known ‘bomoh’, holds two coconuts as he performs a ritual to help in finding the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 at Kuala Lumpur International Airport March 12, 2014. — Reuters

post-53404-0-12794900-1394619982_thumb.j

Already another complete shambles of a press conference. Surely cannot be loss of face to hire a PR Professional?

Hi,

I agree. Very frustrating not being able to hear clearly the questions asked. Why not issue some form of order as the journalists arrive. First to arrive allows the first opportunity to ask two questions each with a microphone and then on to the next person.

And if you can overcome the loss of face, possible consequences, internal conflicts..it is probably better to say:

This what we (think) we know..This we don't know..but we have consulted widely and mobilised a huge flotilla of planes

and boats with a wide variety of capabilities and technologies to see what we can find....Not difficult?

More red herrings than Billingsgate Market.

From it last known position and radio call which was conformation of hand off to Vietnam ATC, from then on what happened is a big mystery.

There have been many avenues of investigation that have hit brick walls.

I've just looked at the Egypt Air B777-200 fire 29th Jul 2009. This was suspected to have started in the cockpit, in in the region of the pilot oxygen supply. No fatalaties in this case as the aircraft was on the ground, and was evacuated safely...But what if a similar thing had happened whilst in the air?

Hi Steve73, I don't know if this is the scenario that the Malaysian aircraft encountered but it would be very demanding for a crew indeed.

The smoke, fire, fumes checklist tells you to put on the oxygen mask. Would the oxygen be available ? It's a fairly long checklist with 5 pages but does state at the bottom of page 1 that if the smoke or fumes becomes the greatest threat then go to the smoke or fumes removal checklist.

For me, uncontrollable fire and/or smoke is the biggest threat to the industry.

Edited by khaosai

If one possibilty is the plane flew north west of Penang wouldn't that have envolved flying over Thai airspace? The red-hot Thai air defense system couldn't possibly have missed this could they?

It would appear that neither the Thai nor the Malaysian air defense radar is capable of locating unidentified (ie no transponder) aircraft flying near their border airspace. Both nations' air forces are a joke.

Edited by cloudhopper

Hi Steve73, I don't know if this is the scenario that the Malaysian aircraft encountered but it would be very demanding for a crew indeed.

The smoke, fire, fumes checklist tells you to put on the oxygen mask. Would the oxygen be available ? It's a fairly long checklist with 5 pages but does state at the bottom of page 1 that if the smoke or fumes becomes the greatest threat then go to the smoke or fumes removal checklist.

Agree. And no satisfactory explanation for the fire/short circuit in the Egypt Air 7772 Plane has ever been discovered

or provided

A better report of this incident can be found here - including photos.

http://avherald.com/h?article=44078aa7%2F0000&opt=0

Note the last comment at the end of the report....and a few others.

If one possibilty is the plane flew north west of Penang wouldn't that have envolved flying over Thai airspace? The red-hot Thai air defense system couldn't possibly have missed this could they?

It would appear that neither the Thai nor the Malaysian air defense radar is capable of locating unidentified (ie no transponder) aircraft flying near their border airspace. Both nations' air forces are a joke.

I can just imagine what most of the Thai military personnel were doing at 1am on a Saturday night. It wasn't plane spottinglaugh.png

I was in Puket on December 26 2004 to see how useless the authorities are in a disaster. Problem solving isn't a strong point in education in south-east Asia.