Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

If one possibilty is the plane flew north west of Penang wouldn't that have envolved flying over Thai airspace? The red-hot Thai air defense system couldn't possibly have missed this could they?

It would appear that neither the Thai nor the Malaysian air defense radar is capable of locating unidentified (ie no transponder) aircraft flying near their border airspace. Both nations' air forces are a joke.

Hi,

200 miles north west of Penang would put it south of Phuket. Primary radar range would cover less of an area than secondary radar. I think primary radar coverage may be in the region of 50 to 80 miles whereas secondary radar coverage will be anywhere up to 250 miles.

A very unusual event has occurred for sure. I would like to hear the Malaysian officials discuss possible ACARS messages being transmitted from the aircraft to the engineering department.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Primary radar would track it , which is obvious it did because on day 2 they already said " it made a turn "..... The left out the minor detail it then flew an hour west

Interesting Malaysia airforce says now they did not track it after all, most likely after being show the ISA act :)

When will they release the primary radar tapes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If one possibilty is the plane flew north west of Penang wouldn't that have envolved flying over Thai airspace? The red-hot Thai air defense system couldn't possibly have missed this could they?

It would appear that neither the Thai nor the Malaysian air defense radar is capable of locating unidentified (ie no transponder) aircraft flying near their border airspace. Both nations' air forces are a joke.

Hi,

200 miles north west of Penang would put it south of Phuket. Primary radar range would cover less of an area than secondary radar. I think primary radar coverage may be in the region of 50 to 80 miles whereas secondary radar coverage will be anywhere up to 250 miles.

A very unusual event has occurred for sure. I would like to hear the Malaysian officials discuss possible ACARS messages being transmitted from the aircraft to the engineering department.

Predominantly, the secondary surveillance radar control stations for such areas as Song Khla & Phuket provinces extending to a radius of 200nm+ are monitored by Bangkok. They should have the capacity to go back over recordings depending if their systems were functioning correctly at the time.

The situation has been made worse by the fact that the Malaysians keep transferring the problem onto someone else each time, changing the story everyday to suit them and then back-track over what was said previously. This is perhaps, why the Vietnamese and Chinese have become very frustrated with them. Next it will be the Burmese to go looking too. Generally, they’ve been treating everyone like mushrooms in the dark.

Edited by MK1

Gets better!!:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-us-kidnapped-missing-plane-094609091.html#Mf9MBWo

I have a problem. My literary agent says: Can I be sure that the manuscript already submitted will not be overtaken by

some further turn of events that would destroy my credibility as a writer of fiction, let alone fact, nor as a Shaman orNigerian prophet? I have assured them that it is not a work of fiction but the absolute truth (as far as I can tell)

What a bloody shambles!

PS. Then I said. Don't worry it is one of those novels where you make up your own ending!!

Edited by laolover88

Gets better!!:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-us-kidnapped-missing-plane-094609091.html#Mf9MBWo

I have a problem. My literary agent says: Can I be sure that the manuscript already submitted will not be overtaken by

some further turn of events that would destroy my credibility as a writer of fiction, let alone fact, nor as a Shaman orNigerian prophet? I have assured them that it is not a work of fiction but the absolute truth (as far as I can tell)

What a bloody shambles!

Frankly, it is a theory that is more plausible than many espoused in the previous 1,000 posts.

Gets better!!:

What a bloody shambles!

Frankly, it is a theory that is more plausible than many espoused in the previous 1,000 posts.

Meanwhile back on Diego Garcia!! Or Guam? Those islands as an OP said with little or no surveillance technology.....! Edited by laolover88

Gets better!!:

What a bloody shambles!

PS. Then I said. Don't worry it is one of those novels where you make up your own ending!!

I'm amazed they didn't implicate President Bush in this (yet another) conspiracy hypothesis.

OK, I'll do it for them:

President Bush (and all those that supported him - he wasn't alone) should have gone into Iran instead of Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd bet that the Iranians would have been more appreciative and, as it turns out, they were (or were shortly going to be) the bigger threat.

I'm still trying to figure out if this "lost" airplane debacle is a tragedy, a bad dream, a nightmare or an example of really bad international black comedy.

given the info from the oil rig guy and extrapolating from the last radar position and applying the drift -- I made this map

attachicon.gifsouthchinasea.jpg

Yes! But you omitted the position where the Iranian air-tanker did the mid-air refueling operation so it could fly at low altitude to somewhere in Iran.

I'm glad someone has raised the re-fuelling option!! Is this possible on a 777? My smileys don't work!! Edited by laolover88

54 pages back I was mindful to only believe what seemed to be plausible reports and ignore the internet trolls and conspiracy theorists.

54 pages in and the plausible reports are no longer plausible, and the conspiracy theories and trolls are gaining plausibility....

You really couldn't make this up!! Oh hang on, it seems like somebody is actually making it up...

Anyone who is still around in 50 years time will have a great read when confidential military records from 2014 become public.

54 pages back I was mindful to only believe what seemed to be plausible reports and ignore the internet trolls and conspiracy theorists.

54 pages in and the plausible reports are no longer plausible, and the conspiracy theories and trolls are gaining plausibility....

You really couldn't make this up!! Oh hang on, it seems like somebody is actually making it up...

Anyone who is still around in 50 years time will have a great read when confidential military records from 2014 become public.

I already said that!!!!!

silly question.... the claim that there was a radar blip off pulau perak..... the distance from shore is shorter than that of kota bahru to alleged crash site.... and VN to that site is even shorter....

point is..... well within primary radar distance ( assuming there is one in Kota bahru ).....

primary radars can ping planes (just no id), so where are the tapes of the flight path.....

not rocket science

Apparently they are running out of options..

Makes Thailand look like an advanced country.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hahah yes nothing like oil money to give a third world country the veneer of

of a modern civilisation. But this veneer quickly cracks away when things

get tough.....Bringing in shaman/witch doctors to wave coconuts around

has moved this into the theatre of the absurd, and is an insult to the

family members......

Oh Malaysia, what the hell has happened to you? I used to think you were such a great country under Mahathir bin Mohamad but look at the lies, excuses and sheer stupidity of the last few days and feel deeply ashamed.

I love the Malaysian people but these fools in charge of KLIA, MAS and the government make you all look like uneducated idiots. Allowing the fool with the coconuts to do his piece in the airport is tantamount to insulting the relatives of the missing passengers and crew.

The final straw was when you offered to fly the relatives from Beijing to KL and they ended up in India. It would be funny if the situation wasn't so serious for the families of the missing passengers.

The world won't believe another word you say any more regarding this tragic incident until the truth comes out from other sources.

silly question.... the claim that there was a radar blip off pulau perak..... the distance from shore is shorter than that of kota bahru to alleged crash site.... and VN to that site is even shorter....

point is..... well within primary radar distance ( assuming there is one in Kota bahru ).....

primary radars can ping planes (just no id), so where are the tapes of the flight path.....

not rocket science

Kota Bharu has some sort of radar due to having an airport, probably not primary as it's only a small airport. I bet they turn off the lights and radar, go home after the last flight of the day.

engines were working ok so it seems

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25201-malaysian-plane-sent-out-engine-data-before-vanishing.html#.UyBpFs5aIbO

from this we can extrapolate that the engines are not transmitting any more so must be under water

"from this we can extrapolate that the engines are not transmitting any more so must be under water"

The Engines do not transmit...

Systems on board the plane monitors the engines, I think it is the FMC which is located between the Pilot and Co-Pilot.

It is the FMC that sends the automated ACARS messages.

post-20091-0-86708700-1394637143_thumb.j

As for it being underwater, possibly, it could also have impacted terrain, or be parked up in some salami pirates back yard.

not rocket science

Kota Bharu has some sort of radar due to having an airport, probably not primary as it's only a small airport. I bet they turn off the lights and radar, go home after the last flight of the day.

Cheers.... but that means that any airforce from surrounding countries (indo,VN, th) can just slip in and do bombing raids or anyone can illegally just fly into the country.

I could be wrong, but i would bet the military has the whole coast under radar, especially the kota bahru approach. Even australia which is eons away from indonesia, has extensive radar surveillance to protect mostly barren land in the north......

as i mentioned before, am sure you could continue to follow a radar plot even if SSE drops out.....

Something is fishy, and malaysians contradicting themselves does not help.

Having lived there, loss of face is a big thing, and protecting it at all costs is important ( i remember Ramadan, many of the malay friends i know drew the curtains and tucked into a good lunch )

not rocket science

No, Probably primary radar, that is the low tech radar that shows the "returns" as dots on a "Cathode Ray Tube" OK probably nowadays on a LCD display.

Secondary radar is the more complicated radar that provides the secondary information overlaid on the primary radar.

If it was in Thai airspace it was probably puk a pow time. In Malaysian airspace Nasi Goring time and in Vietnamese airspace labrador or cocker spaniel time.

It has crashed and not yet been found. Simple.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by baneko

You know you're in trouble when a top-government minister says the following:

The Malaysian government welcomes any help to trace missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 including from "bomohs" (shamans) so long as their methods do not contravene Islam, said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom.

"We appreciate all help...but where it comes to mysticism, the methods used must conform to Islamic teachings," he told reporters.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Back to reality.

Obviously, they're all dead.

Now some clues might be found sooner, later, much later, or NEVER.

When do we ask when should it stop?

There is great value in finding the crash wreckage and figuring out what happened, for the families and all future flyers.

Also of course Brand MALAYSIA (and to some extent Brand THAILAND) has been damaged internationally by this, perhaps finding the truth would help reduce that or perhaps it would make it even worse.

But how is that value quantified?

Are the resources to be spent on this limitless?

Just asking because it's starting to look crazy to me.

People still alive need help too.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Edited by Jingthing

People still alive need help too.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

What you said Doesn't offend me but I find it pretty harsh.

239 humans are missing 4 days & your over it....All done next?

I feel the families of those folks may appreciate a bit more.

Yes there are folks alive that need help too.....always

I really do think these top Malaysians ministers and so on, know the faith of flight MH370, but are trying to hide it. That's why they are misleading the press, neighboring countries and all of us.

I may be wrong, but they are buying time with what they are doing. This brings me to 2 conclusions:

1) Hijacked and possibly landed safely who knows where

2) Hijack went wrong and have crashed somewhere

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Maybe it's harsh.

But imagine how many lives even in one year that a country like Thailand could save with a tightening of safety policies on it's roads.

I am questioning the RATIONALITY of the world focusing on this one crash.

Edited by Jingthing