Selling used car

Earlier, I have a Toyota Vois 1.5A for sale. Someone offered me a (low) price and settled with full payment in Toyota Leasing. Toyota Leasing accepted the full payment with 50% rebate in interests, and said require two transfers, from Toyota Leasing to myself to buyer. One of the document required by Land Transport for the transfer (from Toyota Leasing to myself) is a Residence Certificate. As I am bound to leave Thailand for good, I did not renew my Non-Immg B visa, and thus, getting a Residence Certificate is not possible from Thailand Immigration.

Why can't they transfer ownership of the vehicle direct to the buyer? I am now stuck as I can't produce a Residence Certificate for the transfer, and till date, nothing is done. The buyer wanted to cancel the purchase agreement although he has paid the amount in full. The car is sitting in the garage of the used car seller's premise where my car is on consignment. What can I do?

A worried individual.

Earlier, I have a Toyota Vois 1.5A for sale. Someone offered me a (low) price and settled with full payment in Toyota Leasing. Toyota Leasing accepted the full payment with 50% rebate in interests, and said require two transfers, from Toyota Leasing to myself to buyer. One of the document required by Land Transport for the transfer (from Toyota Leasing to myself) is a Residence Certificate. As I am bound to leave Thailand for good, I did not renew my Non-Immg B visa, and thus, getting a Residence Certificate is not possible from Thailand Immigration.

Why can't they transfer ownership of the vehicle direct to the buyer? I am now stuck as I can't produce a Residence Certificate for the transfer, and till date, nothing is done. The buyer wanted to cancel the purchase agreement although he has paid the amount in full. The car is sitting in the garage of the used car seller's premise where my car is on consignment. What can I do?

A worried individual.

Try to get residence certificate from immigration anyway, sometimes it works, sometimes noty. If not, your embassy should be able to provide one, at a premium price though.