Selling used car

I want to value and sell a car in the near future. Having never don't this before in Thailand I'd appreciate any advice on offer. Like how do I value it? Where do I advertise it? I live way up in Isaan so I wonder if bringing it down to Bangkok will make it easier to sell? I did take to a local large dealership who offered me what is best described an an insulting price against a new pickup. The car is a Chevrolet Avio 1.4, December 2010 basic model with auto box. 61,000 km in good condition.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

Thai Friend has a late 2010 LS in his tent, leather seats and all, 58,000 KM priced 279,000 baht......... maybe give an idea ?

There are some 2011 models on Taladrod for about the same price:

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/TbSch3F_40.aspx#mk:40+md:541

But I have noticed that cars sit unsold on Taladrod for months. The market for used cars must be very slow at the moment so I'd be surprised if the OP could get anywhere near that price if he's looking for a quick sale.

Edited by edwardandtubs

We bought it as was cheap new car. But know better now. Pity Chevy held in low esteem here as I like the Cruze. But will no doubt end up with bland Toyota with jelly mould styling. I know we take a hit on it but I just need to know what price to pitch it at

We bought it as was cheap new car. But know better now. Pity Chevy held in low esteem here as I like the Cruze. But will no doubt end up with bland Toyota with jelly mould styling. I know we take a hit on it but I just need to know what price to pitch it at

If you bought it "cheap", why not sell it cheap?

just asking'?

just asking'?

At what point did I say I wouldn't sell it cheap? All I want to know is how I value it and where is the best place to sell it. Naturally I want to achieve the best price I can for the vehicle. In the UK we Parkers and Glasses price guide. Is there such a think in Thailand? From the absurd price differences I can see cars being advertised at on various websites it would appear not.

• Like 1

just asking'?

At what point did I say I wouldn't sell it cheap? All I want to know is how I value it and where is the best place to sell it. Naturally I want to achieve the best price I can for the vehicle. In the UK we Parkers and Glasses price guide. Is there such a think in Thailand? From the absurd price differences I can see cars being advertised at on various websites it would appear not.

There is a guide similar, I don't have the link to hand it's been discussed before

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chevys are actually pretty good cars. They just aren't perceived that way in Thailand. Before I gave it away, I'd keep it and drive the wheels off of it and use the pickup only when I needed it to keep the miles off it.

Isn't the Aveo just a rebadged Korean Daewoo?

• Like 1

How would you value it in your country? No secrets here. take it to a dealer and ask for a trade-in price. then go to a used car dealer for his price. it will be about 10% more. who in the 'h' would know any better?

You can take it to a second dealer and a second used car guy. the used car guy will give you a price based on his customer demand so it can vary. to sell it put a sign in the window and expect calls within a few days. when i sold my car the buyer did not look at the odometer or really much at the car. they knew i was farang therefore i took care of the car.

• Like 1

You can adverise (for free) at Thai Visa and also on "Bahtsold..." and add some pictures. That's how I sold my pick-up chevy in Isaan as well.

And, by the way, the chevy is a good car,..although most prefer isuzu...but they don't know that chevrolet uses isuzi engines. Gook Luck!

If buying and selling a car/motorbike you'll need to go to your local Immigration office(unless you hold a work permit)It would cost you around 2-300 B. Bring your passport, prof of where you live etc.

Value on your car... Hmmm, try www.one2car.com, there are thousands of cars there, mostly from BKK area

Good luck with the sale.

Chevys are actually pretty good cars. They just aren't perceived that way in Thailand. Before I gave it away, I'd keep it and drive the wheels off of it and use the pickup only when I needed it to keep the miles off it.

Isn't the Aveo just a rebadged Korean Daewoo?

Yes, it is, so that should improve the value :)

Offer it at 20-25% below the average asking price of comparable Chevy Aveos. This should give you something close to the average wholesale price. For comparos look on thaicar.com. The used car market is soft now due to the recent big rebates on new cars, sloppy loan underwriting resulting in far more than normal reposessions and lots more used cars for sale. Advertise on Baht Sold and if you have a Thai speaker in the house, Dealfish. Good luck.

Edited by Dogbreath

Tell where outside North-America Chevys are considered quality cars???bah.gif

Coming soon I have same situation.

My car is a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6, white color and CNG (natural gas, 0.6 B/Km in BKK) from 2012. Jan, with 90 K KM.

So this seems good, isn't it? Everything is popular, brand, white, fuel, etc...

BUT I told my Toyota dealer I would change this car soon, buy a new Toyota Fortuner and they do put my car into the new car price.

This guy told me if they put inside the re-price is maximum 250 000 B !!!!!!!! I bought it 875 000 B and this is just 2 yrs old perfect car.

I told him please check out what kind of car you can by for 250 K B.

I try to put into a new Honda CRV or into a new Ford Escape, I hope they don't come with this shameless text too.

Has any-one idea where can be advertised the used car in TH ?

My car is a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6, white color and CNG (natural gas, 0.6 B/Km in BKK) from 2012. Jan, with 90 K KM.

BUT I told my Toyota dealer I would change this car soon, buy a new Toyota Fortuner and they do put my car into the new car price.

This guy told me if they put inside the re-price is maximum 250 000 B !!!!!!!! I bought it 875 000 B and this is just 2 yrs old perfect car.

I try to put into a new Honda CRV or into a new Ford Escape, I hope they don't come with this shameless text too.

Tanachart Blue Book says 580K,but...the second hand market is changing every day,now it's down a lot...

http://www.thanachartbluebook.com/detail_car.asp?P1=A628F6D9C927E4BC144C6E709AD9080800F05B0308F760BA9F18C39107767EA1

Tanachart Blue Book says 580K,but...the second hand market is changing every day,now it's down a lot...

http://www.thanachartbluebook.com/detail_car.asp?P1=A628F6D9C927E4BC144C6E709AD9080800F05B0308F760BA9F18C39107767EA1

It seems prices are going down and haven't reached a level where buyers are moving in. Even the lowest priced cars on the usual websites are sitting unsold for months. I expect prices to go down further as more tax rebate cars hit the market.

Try Baht Sold or Thai Visa classifieds to sell the car..or even Craigslist

Yes Bahtsold.com worked for me once to sell my 2005 Nissan pickup in 2012.

I advertised it with several pictures at 300,000, hoping to get 250.000.

3 days later a Thai guy came and offered me 260,000. We settled on 270,000. I had paid 400,000 in 2006, so I was happy.