Have i been scammed @ lat p immigration?

ok, i really doubt it but what do i know.......................lol.

Went today -end game retirement extension.

I have 30 day visa exemp entry. I turned in all paperwork, all went well as i was charged 2000 baht. However instead of getting my non-o on the spot they told me to return on march 24. I will get 90 days which i can then turn into retirement extension. At least thats what i think lady told me.

I havent seen any reports of this intermediary step of waiting 2 weeks for non -o. Can somene explain this.

Also i saw some getting fingerprinted-is this a badge of honor? means you got your retirement visa.

Edited by choochoo

The 2 weeks waiting time is normal, if for a conversion to a non-immigrant based on marriage. Not common for an extension based on retirement, but also not unheard of. Nothing out of the ordinary.

On conversion you will indeed get 90 days to stay and after 60 days (45 days in BKK) you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

They have used both fingerprinting and computer photo systems for extensions of stay. Believe once fingerprinted it may not be required again (unless they don't believe who you are). It seems to be normal to not issue immediate visa entry/extension and a return being required from recent reporting.

Not worry. The steps are: First: NO valid for 2/3 months. Second: Days before that expiration date, you have to come back to get the retirement extension for one year. Probably they are too busy now to check your stuff and that is why you was asked to come back in few days. Just follow the expiration dates not to miss any. I do not know if there are new policies now and may need fingerprints or something else, like medical exam, etc.

I do not think so.