Dirty old taxi driver arrested for talking nasty to women passengers

Lite Beer

And the fine would be ????

200 TB to the local police of course

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Most likely as 500 Baht for the rape of a minor allows you not just back on the streets again but driving your taxi as well. Rape in Thailand may carry a heavy sentence within the judicial system but for many Thai's it's no worse a crime than breaking the speed limit.

As is the case with nearly every other crime too. Thailand may be one of the worlds softest nations when it comes to meting out punishment to criminals. Just let them go. They have learned something. No need to punish them. The judges here should be re-trained. Perhaps send them back to law school? Perhaps have them all train overseas? Oh, am I talking about actual law and order? Imagine such a thing?

The problem is that Thai Law protects the guilty if they can afford it. The fact that they dont use juries of course helps just in case justice might be served.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather disgusted by the many facetious and flippant comments on this Thread.

As one more sensible Poster commented - how would you feel if it was your own daughter in this situation?

Patrick

Actually, if you are referring to the post by Tywais, he wondered if the officer that made the accusation would have said the same thing if his daughter had been among them.

Edited by unanimosity

Thank you Patrick!

So, you would be fine if your wife/gf/daughter got in a cab and the driver talked dirty to her and tried to cop a feel. Good to know, I'm sure your female relatives will be delighted by that attitude too. Feel free to flame me but I am more disgusted and dismayed by the attitudes abounding on this forum than I have been in a very long time. Thailand, the land of the expat misogynist!

Samantha

Rather disgusted by the many facetious and flippant comments on this Thread.

As one more sensible Poster commented - how would you feel if it was your own daughter in this situation?

Patrick

Absolutely Patrick.

Once again, the investigative reporters at "Coconuts Bangkok" newspaper have found a story which strikes at the very heart of Thai morality and values.

This is the story of the year, and it totally justifies the Pulitzer Prize that it will surely win.

Bravo Coconuts Bangkok. And Bravo Patrick - there is nothing funny about dirty old taxi drivers that talk nasty. You stand alone as our moral defender, and for that I salute you.

Edited by mcsam

Thank you Patrick!

So, you would be fine if your wife/gf/daughter got in a cab and the driver talked dirty to her and tried to cop a feel. Good to know, I'm sure your female relatives will be delighted by that attitude too. Feel free to flame me but I am more disgusted and dismayed by the attitudes abounding on this forum than I have been in a very long time. Thailand, the land of the expat misogynist!

Samantha

Hmmmm - I guess you are not a Native Speaker of English.

However, please take time to read and understand the Posts on here before you blunder into, and try to take part in, a discussion.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick!

Samantha

Hmmmm - I guess you are not a Native Speaker of English.

However, please take time to read and understand the Posts on here before you blunder into, and try to take part in, a discussion.

Patrick

Well done for making that point. It's disgraceful how people are throwing accusations around on this forum.

It's horrible....

A female taxi driver reached back and groped at my crotch and wanted to service me too.... I was terrified and did not know what to do, so I just let her do it! Hahaha j/k

I'm guessing "j/k" must stand for "jerk"

T

Whatever the truth of this, since when did 60 become old? 60 is early middle-age, barely out of youth. Testosterone still working quite well. People do not shrivel into prune-like beings at 60. 90 is old.

Whatever the truth of this, since when did 60 become old? 60 is early middle-age, barely out of youth. Testosterone still working quite well. People do not shrivel into prune-like beings at 60. 90 is old.

If you are 80 then 60 is not old, but if you are 30 then 60 is old

In Rome you generally croaked before 40's. Good way to go, it's all downhill after mid 30's anyway.

They should re-instate the gladiator games and start selecting combatants from the end-of-life section first.

And the fine would be ????

200 TB to the local police of course

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Most likely as 500 Baht for the rape of a minor allows you not just back on the streets again but driving your taxi as well. Rape in Thailand may carry a heavy sentence within the judicial system but for many Thai's it's no worse a crime than breaking the speed limit.

As is the case with nearly every other crime too. Thailand may be one of the worlds softest nations when it comes to meting out punishment to criminals. Just let them go. They have learned something. No need to punish them. The judges here should be re-trained. Perhaps send them back to law school? Perhaps have them all train overseas? Oh, am I talking about actual law and order? Imagine such a thing?

Must be why Thailand has one of the highest rates in the world (i think right after the US) of percentage of population in prison.

As for rape w00t.gif This is an old guy with almost surely some mental issues harassing you girls. While technically it is a sexual assault as it is an unwanted touching of another for sexual gratification, it is nearing an insult to people who have actually experienced rape to call this rape. Like calling an old pervert pinching waitresses asses rape. A good punch in the face is warranted but doing prison time as a rapist????

From this post we can conclude you are old.

Anyone in some places 30 is considered old.

Disgusting, can you imagine how dirty he will be when he reaches 70?bah.gif

Yuk.

Fat, bald, Beer Chang Vest, strolling through Pattaya.

Best off yourself now man.

Most important factor of all he isn't farang. That sounds kind of racist that a farang at that age behaving like that is acceptable but not a non farang including a thai man.

For obvious reason non of the tv posters here complain.

• Like 1

One more reason for a new government, 1 who will actually tell the police to take action against taxi and tuk-tuk drivers.

Many of them are unlicensed, and drive with wrong ID's and ideas….

Let them go back to the red land, and ride Ricksha's….

standard practice for these filthy taxi scum

standard practice for the rapist police

standard practice for the ignorant journalists

standard practice for the TV bottom feeders

I cant wait until the rest of ASEAN show up and absolutely humiliate these lower than low vermin....

cant. wait.