Will Thai Customs confiscate/fine me for transporting personal e-cigs/e-juice?

If a item is illegal in a country it stands to reason that it will be confiscated if found at a arrival airport

You could always try giving the Customs Dept a call but I suspect they will tell you exactly the same

Or maybe even better, no one at the Thai Customs Dept. will have a clue one way or the other.

You'd do just as well if you called the Thai Land Office.

I do use them in planes, very subtly and holding in the vapour, unless they are expressly mentioned as banned on the plane.

Here's a trick. Turn you head to one side, lift the neck of your shirt or tshirt and blow it down there. If anyone happens to notice 'smoke' coming out of the bottom of your shirt, show then the e-cig and make a face. It usually makes them laugh.

Works for me wink.png

Friend of mine told me up to 100ml of liquid can be brought in (by post). I don't remember where he came by that info, but he's told me that a few times as we discussed getting supplies from China. He's just done a larger than normal order by post, but less than 100ml, and no problems.

Sorry, no experience yet with airport entries.

I buy in bulk from a dealer in China, one or two orders a year.

I usually buy 20 x 50ml bottles, but my finger stuttered last time I ordered and I got 40 50ml bottles. EMS, no questions asked, nothing to pay.

Lasting me for ages....facepalm.gif

Friend of mine told me up to 100ml of liquid can be brought in (by post). I don't remember where he came by that info, but he's told me that a few times as we discussed getting supplies from China. He's just done a larger than normal order by post, but less than 100ml, and no problems.

Sorry, no experience yet with airport entries.

I buy in bulk from a dealer in China, one or two orders a year.

I usually buy 20 x 50ml bottles, but my finger stuttered last time I ordered and I got 40 50ml bottles. EMS, no questions asked, nothing to pay.

Lasting me for ages....facepalm.gif

Wow, yeah! That's a lot!

I was talking to him yesterday and he was still indicating caution about ordering too much too often. Maybe the too often part is the key. I'll forward him this thread link though. Thanks for the info.

Just interested - what strength juice are you on if you do smoke a lot?

I started vaping in January with Medium strength and worked down to Low since February. To the point now, I can leave the house all day and not take my ecig, but I still like toking up at night watching a move/internet, etc. Beats the 2 pack a day cigarette habit I kicked by using these ecigs.

About a month ago I received an order from the U.S. with 10 bottles of 30ml e-juice. This wasn't the first time I ordered from the State so I was extremely surprised that I had to pick it up at customs and that the package has already been opened by customs either in Bangkok or here in Chiang Mai. The only reason I was able to receive my package and walked away with it was that I gave the lady at customs a bs story about the contents being incense instead of e-juice. I even had her smelling one of the bottles to prove my story. When I arrived home with the package I could see that someone wrote in big letters E-liquid on the outside. I had this package send to me with USPS express mail which costed me about $60 for shipping cost. Another package got stopped by DHL a couple of months ago in Bangkok and I had to forfeit that shipment or pay a shipping handler 6000 baht. From now on i will be ordering my juice with from a shop in Bangkok. Saves me the shipping cost and the agony of this whole customs department, facepalm.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just placed an order with Mt. Baker Vapor for a 236ml bottle of liquid and 2 Innokin U-Cans. I've ordered successfully from Mt. Baker twice before, 2 x 236ml bottles.

It's been 12 days now, no word. Previously, my order arrived within 8 days via normal USPS International Mail.

I'm beginning to suspect it was stolen or confiscated. One funny thing I've noticed is that USPS International Mail tracking numbers don't seem to be supported in the Thailand Post EMS online tracking system - it always reports 'Not Found' for USPS tracking numbers - whereas tracking numbers from the postal services of other countries show up in the EMS tracker.

Sigh.