Looking For A Wood/Brush Chipper Used Or New (Kamphang Saen/Kasetsart University Area)

Razer64

I'm looking high and low for a small wood/brush chipper. I prefer to buy a new machine, but a used one that is ready to go right now and is in no less than excellent working condtion will do as well. I figure a small to medium sized machine that one man can handle all by himself would be best.

I live near the town of Kamphang Saen and Kasetsart University on a small piece of property with many trees, shrubs, etc. We are constantly trimming and have decided to begin composting the materials instead of just piling them up at the rear of the property to rot.

Also have a large pile of deteriorating coconuts and wonder if anyone would be interested in them.

Try Pattie- pong near you in Pattomtani, they have a web site ,but I think it is in Thai , also look at TV posts on chipper/shredders.

KS

Can you post the link to their site. I did several searches and came up empty-handed every time. Thanks.

I bought my wood-chipper in Bkk:

http://www.nakarinbangkok.com/articles/50264/

I have a Kojima as pictured. Hammermill-type and works just great but not for big material.

After a year or so of operation the bearings on the main shaft failed - they are not equipped with any lubrication fittings.

While I was at changing them out with bearings which can be lubricated, modified the engine mount so the belt tension and alignment can be adjusted.

Runs so much smoother and quieter now.

I made a mistake and purchased a WC155 chopper from CLPE - outfit in Bangkok. Chopped quite well but the belts were too short and would disintegrate in under an hour or so. Also had some major welding problems... finally got my money back from them. Beware!

I have a Kojima as pictured. Hammermill-type and works just great but not for big material.

After a year or so of operation the bearings on the main shaft failed - they are not equipped with any lubrication fittings.

While I was at changing them out with bearings which can be lubricated, modified the engine mount so the belt tension and alignment can be adjusted.

I made a mistake and purchased a WC155 chopper from CLPE - outfit in Bangkok. Chopped quite well but the belts were too short and would disintegrate in under an hour or so. Also had some major welding problems... finally got my money back from them. Beware!

I have the Kojima as well but is unsuitable for Palm-leaves which is like 90% of what I need it for facepalm.gif.

How did you modify the engine mount? My first try-out set my belt on fire because the wheel didn't turn any more (stuck inside with palm-leaves).

What I do now is chop of the fine leaves from the palm-leaves and throw this in the machine while the woody part is left for slow composting. It is quite an operation but it is a good workout!

I have the Kojima as well but is unsuitable for Palm-leaves which is like 90% of what I need it for facepalm.gif.

How did you modify the engine mount? My first try-out set my belt on fire because the wheel didn't turn any more (stuck inside with palm-leaves).

What I do now is chop of the fine leaves from the palm-leaves and throw this in the machine while the woody part is left for slow composting. It is quite an operation but it is a good workout!

I'll take a few pics and post them regarding the engine mounting later.

I also use a "toothed" belt rather than a standard v-belt. Better grip in the pulleys and, because the teeth promote great air movement, the belt runs cooler. Never a fire yet!

I'll take a few pics and post them regarding the engine mounting later.

I also use a "toothed" belt rather than a standard v-belt. Better grip in the pulleys and, because the teeth promote great air movement, the belt runs cooler. Never a fire yet!

Picture of the Kojima engine mount after modification. This allows for side-to-side adjustment of the engine for good belt alignment.

post-52561-0-36589300-1395282135_thumb.j

• Like 1