Dating a younger Thai girl - or why I love Thailand.

Tmymaimee

Moving on though, there is nothing wrong with large (15yrs+) age-gap relationships provided the older party accepts that:

1. There's a massive chance that genuine love may not be the glue holding the union together and

2. That people will look and laugh.

That might not bother him but it could be a source of crushing embarrassment for her.

I'm not judging anyone - I said as much in my first post on this thread way back on page 1. I've reproduced it above so you can't say you didn't see it.

Yes many guys, old and young, pay for companionship - no one denied that but MY point is that if a man is seeking genuine companionship from a young (under 30) Thai woman who does not seek monetary compensation, a younger guy will have the older guy at a disadvantage.

Now I fully expect you and your sad cohorts to roll out the old "what Thai woman doesn't want money??" chestnut because that's the only way old men over here have ever been able to level the playing field, but you can't get away from the truth. Any attempt to do so will attract as many laughs as your previous endeavours.

You're wrong, I'm right . . .that's it.

Now go drink your cocoa

under 30 yes, agree 100%

women have that clock ticking and feel it at 30, and fear 40,

whereas we, are just happy to still be alive and able to compete in the game

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely, you don't condemn us for that?

Absolutely NOT.

I don't have any issue whatsoever with an older guy who smoothes his way with women. Each to their own.

Personally, I find it distasteful and I genuinely can't envisage the day when I'm 65 years old and actively chasing 25 year old women. Who knows, I may be wrong but hey, I'm 47 now and girls that age have little or no appeal for me. Sure, they look fabulous and their bodies are tight but, personally, I need more than that - that's just me.

What I object to is those who insist that because they have little choice but to do pay for it with the younger women, then young men are in the same boat and that is drivel. The same seas, yes; the same boat; no freakin' way

Actively chasing anything at any age, is the key word here...

At 64, surely a girl 45 will be very satisfying

At 54, I found my desire at 32

I thought girls at 35-36 in the States were my style, but, I found them to be much more interested in guys their own age

At 64, surely a girl 45 will be very satisfying

Relative age is IMO irrelevant, when I was young I preferred older women because they were more available, presented fewer hoops to jump through. Since then the same age group has been most appealing to me no matter how oldI am myself.

The fact that I've been able to more increasingly swim in those waters as I get older has been most satisfying.

I love the way these fossils try and convince themselves that it is normal to financially support someone in exchange for sex and/or a relationship.

"cmon guys! everyone pays eventually! its no different than im 60 and paying a third world hooker half my age a monthly wage to stay with me. its normal bro"

got to keep the 'dream' alive.

This is Thailand. It is perfectly normal - in Thailand.

Edited by wym

It's perfectly "normal" because those men who have little option but to pay for their companionship simply decided to call it normal so they could feel comfortable with what they're doing.

Now before you say "they've no reason to make themselves comfortable with what they're doing", let's hear from ALL the pensioners who've told their families and mates back home that they're paying their Thai wives/GFs a monthly salary and dishing out readies/gifts to her extended family in return for her companionship.

Hands up, boys . . . !

No, seriously - keep 'em up ! . . I'm still counting laugh.png

Honestly, you old fools crease me right up

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 1

My first trip to Thailand was in 1988. I have lived now in Thailand for 10 years. I do not live in Bangkok. It is interesting to read here of the young male farang contingent in Thailand. I do not know anyone in the younger male farang contingent set in Thailand. From what I read here, that's just fine with me.

• Like 2

Have a baby? Surely you jest. Snipped since 1985 besides my rich Thai wife has decided child birth is horrible and painful and wants no part of it. Yes I said rich Thai girl. She is a land owner owns 2 houses and a travel and tour company. She is carrying the bulk of the financial load. She will soon have citizenship in my country as well. She likes the honesty and loyalty and responsibility of and older man (ME)verses a young butterfly man flitting from girl to girl. Here's another saying for ya."if ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife" In my lucky life I found my gorgeous beautiful wife online chatted and cammed for over a year before meeting a marrying. By the way.... She thinks she's ugly. No matter how much I tell her she has a body to die for and she looks like an exotic international model. She says she black and ugly. I show her a black saying that's black. Your olive skinned and beautiful. So boys and girls I am a healthy. Fit 66 with a gorgeous 29 year old Thai girl who married at 24 one year after she graduated from university and one year before she inherited land and a house and started a tour. And travel. Company. She is now talking with Thai stores in my country about doing their ports for them while moving product from my country back to Thailand. Loving life.

• Like 1

Have a baby? Surely you jest. Snipped since 1985 besides my rich Thai wife has decided child birth is horrible and painful and wants no part of it. Yes I said rich Thai girl. She is a land owner owns 2 houses and a travel and tour company. She is carrying the bulk of the financial load. She will soon have citizenship in my country as well. She likes the honesty and loyalty and responsibility of and older man (ME)verses a young butterfly man flitting from girl to girl. Here's another saying for ya."if ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife" In my lucky life I found my gorgeous beautiful wife online chatted and cammed for over a year before meeting a marrying. By the way.... She thinks she's ugly. No matter how much I tell her she has a body to die for and she looks like an exotic international model. She says she black and ugly. I show her a black saying that's black. Your olive skinned and beautiful. So boys and girls I am a healthy. Fit 66 with a gorgeous 29 year old Thai girl who married at 24 one year after she graduated from university and one year before she inherited land and a house and started a tour. And travel. Company. She is now talking with Thai stores in my country about doing their ports for them while moving product from my country back to Thailand. Loving life.

WOW another useless thread on here. Doesn't anyone subscribe to, "age is just a number"? Just to jump into this thread also.. I am 66 married for years to my bachelor degreed 29 year old Thai wife. Never has the age disparity reared its head anywhere we have lived or travelled.. That is until we read this persons weak minded self centered worrisome mentality projection onto others.

Maybe it is just a number; maybe it isn't.

As long as you accept and acknowledge that access to your money was probably more of a motivator for her than love (for anything besides money), who gives a toss? Not me . . . it's your life.

Just a quick question for you, though . . . on this "age ain't nothing but a number"

if your union produces or has produced a daughter, when she comes of age - say, 18 or so - if she brings home a 60 year old pensioner to whom she's given her virginity and tells you she plans to have his babies, are you gonna be ok with it?

Just askin' like . . .

Read my reply further on. She is the financial bulk carrying rich Thai girl. No babies. You need to wake up Hardnedsoul your opinion close mindedNess is becoming a joke on this forum from what i read yousight try stand some time.

Listen to this joker, wouldja . . .

Yep 66 year old, who can barely construct a sentence, who voluntarily shoots blanks is rocking up on an internet forum claiming that he met and married a "gorgeous" 24 year old heiress, straight outta university who'd already decided - at that age - that she didn't want children cheesy.gif

How fortunate, then, that you should arrive in your 61 year old magnificence with a ready made empty clip.

Go back to yer bowl of 30 baht noodles, you sap.

I simply won't dignify that wholly fabricated sputum you just hacked up with any serious comment

Edited by HardenedSoul

If you are both happy then everything is ok....don't concern yourself with what others may think.

I'm 66, my Thai wife is 43. We're happy together.

My English sister is 49 and her fiance is 24. They're very happy together.

There's that magic word again - happy.

Neither my sister, her fiance, my wife or myself give a monkey's toss what anyone else thinks.

• Like 1

It's perfectly "normal" because those men who have little option but to pay for their companionship simply decided to call it normal so they could feel comfortable with what they're doing.

Now before you say "they've no reason to make themselves comfortable with what they're doing", let's hear from ALL the pensioners who've told their families and mates back home that they're paying their Thai wives/GFs a monthly salary and dishing out readies/gifts to her extended family in return for her companionship.

Hands up, boys . . . !

No, seriously - keep 'em up ! . . I'm still counting laugh.png

Honestly, you old fools crease me right up

Dude you are posting on the INTERNET AT 3 AM Thai time. You got nothing to talk about. I was in bed.

I know you are not in Thailand but in Thailand everybody pays. Everybody pays sin sot.

Everybody pays.

Everybody pays to play.

Yeah, you ought to stay right where you are in Sawdust Land

..... probably the safest place to be

With your greasy little pork pies

And your shoestring hands

Makes no difference to me.

You da man. You da man no one has ever met in Thailand. You may pay for it now or you may pay for it later but everybody pays.

DSK he didn't think he had to pay. "the career of the brilliant economist and politician DSK ended yesterday in suite 2806 of the Sofitel near Times Square. It could most likely also mean the end of his marriage. He will pay a very high price for a b* he never got."

He should have paid the lady. He's probably reading Thai Visa now shaking his head. I should have listened.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just reinforces my point - it is normal in Thailand, but frowned up on by closed-minded people stuck in their cultural brainwashing from back home. Most obviously those at home, but apparently also some here.

Ok well you'll forgive me for not listening to a self-serving argument from a depraved sexpat like you.

24 is not a young age in Thailand to decide not to have children, most Thai mothers have had their first long before.

Wouldn't it be nice if, on just one occasion, you'd stow your "know-it-all" pomposity and resist the temptation to shoot from your hip

Maybe if you'd read what was written - albeit badly by the joker in question - you'd have understood, as I did, that his wife hadn't had any kids when he met her but, hey, I'm sure good old BigJohnnyBKK will tell us that he knows many university students who've had children at 17 and went on to study at Chula.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The whole thing I think It's sick...

Losers here bragging about ripping off uneducated farm girls trying to make their ways in the world. I hope you're proud of yourselves and someone does the same to your wives/daughters or sisters and leaves you to mop up the spunk....

The whole thing I think It's sick...

Losers here bragging about ripping off uneducated farm girls trying to make their ways in the world. I hope you're proud of yourselves and someone does the same to your wives/daughters or sisters and leaves you to mop up the spunk....

Losers? Man you were posting on the INTERNET at 3:40 AM Thai time. So who is a loser? What'd she say,"Baby it's 3 AM I must be lonely."biggrin.png

Assuming by "ripping off" you're over-generalizing rather - if you're talking about real coercion or deception then I definitely agree. But if you're talking about the whole idea of one person trading on their youth and beauty to make their way in the world,

There are many many jobs/professions that are much more dangerous physically and/or demeaning psychically and that pay much much less, with little if any potential jackpot at the end of the rainbow.

Taking up as a kept woman or paid wife of a relatively wealthy man is in many cases the best possible option for these girls improving their lives and taking care of their family.

There are many things in the world that will make you sick if you think about it, doesn't mean it has anything to do with genuine ethical concerns as opposed to cultural/religious brainwashing.

If it makes you sick perhaps you should stop thinking about it.

And several female members of my extended family have indeed worked in the sex industry, and they are all very proud feminists, have plenty of self-esteem and several continue to fight for sex workers' rights long after getting out of the biz.

More power to them for having the gumption to do it.

• Like 1

your strung an uneducated hooker along with the assumed promise of a relationship and marriage, used her

That is exactly what most of these young "hansum" men do to "get it for free" and plenty of old creeps too. The very same prudes that castigate men who pay sex workers. IMHO, a lot worse than paying for a short-time relationship with no strings.

Absolutely no question, the latter has absolutely no morality issues at all, straightforward pay for play is just another normal transaction in the world, it's the fact that it's criminalized anywhere that is obscene.

But getting what you want through deception, especially when the stakes are so high for these girls - just to save yourself a bit of money, or to be able to kid yourself that you're above those who exchange fair value for their fun - is truly despicable.

And will definitely come back to bite you in the butt, deservedly so.

• Like 1

Assuming by "ripping off" you're over-generalizing rather - if you're talking about real coercion or deception then I definitely agree. But if you're talking about the whole idea of one person trading on their youth and beauty to make their way in the world,

How so? it's Coercion/theft if you have to lie your way into a hooker's fanny....I hope I'm not around when big brother comes calling on pay day..

Losers? Man you were posting on the INTERNET at 3:40 AM Thai time

I think you need to buy a clock.....

Edited by HeavyDrinker

How so? it's Coercion/theft if you have to lie your way into a hooker's fanny....I hope I'm not around when big brother comes calling on pay day..

Losers? Man you were posting on the INTERNET at 3:40 AM Thai time

I think you need to buy a clock.....

Why would I need to buy a clock? Is my Thai Visa Thai time wrong? It is now 8:24AM Thailand.

Yes we are in full agreement that it is reprehensible to use theft or coercion to get what you want in any circumstances, some would say even more so with girls that are not sex workers.

But it sounded to me like you were being judgmental about the whole concept of pay for play as if there was something wrong with it from a moral POV.

If I was misinterpreting then please excuse. . .

Edited by wym