Dating a younger Thai girl - or why I love Thailand.

Tmymaimee

Spot on.

But I don't have the same optimism about their development path; the corruption no-rule-of-law impunity issues, very poor education, inefficient agriculture basis for most people, language issues and close-minded false-pride xenophobia in general are all pretty major barriers.

Seems to me the self-foot-shooting is set to continue for some time, as well as a few tough transitions pending.

Don't think we have to worry anytime soon.

good news for you then. there will remain a supply of impoverished "salt of the earth" girls for you to "take".

i personally have seen a significant change of attitude in my 18 years here, and now in my mid forties have discovered a much more independent class of women who are more interested in company than cash.

In my 20's Thai women loved me for my body. In my 40's they loved me for my mind. In my 60's they loved me for my money. Somehow I don't think it the women changing.

• Like 2

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on.

But I don't have the same optimism about their development path; the corruption no-rule-of-law impunity issues, very poor education, inefficient agriculture basis for most people, language issues and close-minded false-pride xenophobia in general are all pretty major barriers.

Seems to me the self-foot-shooting is set to continue for some time, as well as a few tough transitions pending.

good news for you then. there will remain a supply of impoverished "salt of the earth" girls for you to "take".

i personally have seen a significant change of attitude in my 18 years here, and now in my mid forties have discovered a much more independent class of women who are more interested in company than cash.

In my 20's Thai women loved me for my body. In my 40's they loved me for my mind. In my 60's they loved me for my money. Somehow I don't think it the women changing.

Sorry, no offense, but you do know your words interpret (you got)...unattractive & more so, fat. But way of the uneducated or lazy, would congratulate you on your wisdom.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

We are not talking about the prostitution trade (although i bet those German prostitutes are making hundreds of Euro per hour). We are talking about young girls getting into "real" relationships with old guys for financial support. How many men have really young German girlfriends like in developing countries? Maybe 60 years ago when Europe was poor compared to now. When my grandad was young, most relationships involved older men and younger women. And of course most people were living in very poor conditions in the UK back then, but nowadays it is rare to find a relationship between a couple of significantly different ages. Why? Because the young girls in the UK don't go for older guys with financial security like they did when my grandad was young. They go for guys closer to their own age. In my age group, it is completely unheard of for a guy to be even 10 years older than his girlfriend, in fact probably even 5 or 6 years older is rare. I probably only know of a few cases of that.

What is wrong with a man coming to Thailand or staying in his home country and finding someone who stays with him for his money. that system has been working for ever and ever.

Girls and boys today just go to the government office to get their financial security thats why they don't need to find a sugar daddy or sugar mummy. If the government stopped just giving money to everyone who asks you would see different relationships.

Nothign wrong with that at different ages you still have 2 people who are happy with the relationship.

And if a woman just likes you for your body thats the same as when she just likes you for your money. It's just somethign different she likes you for and that other poster before hardendsoup who said he likes to work out to show the women should be thinking that his women only like him for his body so he must be a very boring guy or maybe he has no money

Money or good body theres no difference

Spot on.

Further to your observation:

Interested in male company their own age

or

Interested in 'interesting' male company of any age

and

Do you mean being independent they are interested in foreigners or Thai men?

For every relatively well off pensioner here, there are 10 or more creating sparks as the bones of their <deleted> bounce off the bottom of the barrel. They watch the pennies, only drink at happy hour and given half a chance, would almost certainly clip coupons.

I don't see a problem with drinking at happy hour, it's common sense.

I also buy discounted items and import goods tax free from the USA.

Why would anyone pay more money for something than they have to?

It's 2014 and there are younger Westerners here making good money in freelance SEO, web design, web marketing, financial markets trading, writing, even online poker and they're fishing in the same pool as the dinosaurs.

Most of the people in this group I meet are living on the edge, working illegally, no work permit, dodgy ed VISA.

If you have money, you wouldn't want to associate with the likes of them, they will be trying to scam some out of you.

The first thing I do when I meet a foreigner in Thailand is find out if they are fully financed.

Poor people (young or old) working and scamming here to make ends meet can $% off, IMHO.

If you need to work in Thailand, to stay in Thailand, I don't want to know you.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Sorry, no offense, but you do know your words interpret (you got)...unattractive & more so, fat. But way of the uneducated or lazy, would congratulate you on your wisdom.

In my 20's I walked into a bar in on an American base in Thailand with my uniform on. I looked good. And young women fought for me and took me home for the night. In my 40's in a suit from Savile row at the Mandarin Oriental for tea, ladies in little black dresses from Chanel nibbled on finger sandwiches chatted intelligently and then took me home for the night. In my 60's in cargo shorts and polo shirt in a bar on Soi LK Metro in Pattaya women in next to nothing ate som tom chatted with me in Lao/Thai and took me home for the night. I hope that explains how the women in Thailand have changed over the years.biggrin.png

It's 2014 and there are younger Westerners here making good money in freelance SEO, web design, web marketing, financial markets trading, writing, even online poker and they're fishing in the same pool as the dinosaurs.

Most of the people in this group I meet are living on the edge, working illegally, no work permit, dodgy ed VISA.

If you have money, you wouldn't want to associate with the likes of them, they will be trying to scam some out of you.

The first thing I do when I meet a foreigner in Thailand is find out if they are fully financed.

Poor people (young or old) working and scamming here to make ends meet can $% off, IMHO.

If you need to work in Thailand, to stay in Thailand, I don't want to know you.

I'm sure if you're really, really quiet, you can hear the collective "Awww shoot" from thousands of gainfully and legally employed Westerners realising they'll never get to know a clown who thinks that everyone working over here is a scam artist.

A rich old guy can always get plastic surgery. A poor young guy can't always get rich. What can the poor young guy do for the family? What can the rich old guy do for the family? Those are the questions asked in Thailand.

Thailand has always respected age and wealth and will continue to do so; it is the Thai way. The West has changed to a media driven youth culture and you have bought the line.

Yet more evidence of your complete detachment from reality. I wince when I think of a man of your advanced years so utterly immersed in his own naivety.

You're sitting there convinced it's only old men who have money and it's hilarious. Most of the pensioners are here precisely because what relative wealth they have stretches far further than it does in the West.

For every relatively well off pensioner here, there are 10 or more creating sparks as the bones of their <deleted> bounce off the bottom of the barrel. They watch the pennies, only drink at happy hour and given half a chance, would almost certainly clip coupons.

The nonsense you're spouting about old men and money has its roots in tired anecdotes from 20 or 30 years ago - Thai society is changing fast and you're failing to see it so rooted in the past is your thinking.

I strenuously object to your use of the term troglodytes to insult these salt of the earth people, usually far more pleasant and sincere than the wealthier urban minority.

And I don't wear shorts except at the beach.

"Salt of the earth people"???!!!

Don't pretend you see them as anything more than the wellspring for the young girls you routinely exploit for your own despicable ends.

One day, mate, those police sirens you hear whizzing past your home every night will come to rest right outside your front door attached to a search warrant.

You wrote, "It's 2014 and there are younger Westerners here making good money in freelance SEO, web design, web marketing, financial markets trading, writing, even online poker and they're fishing in the same pool as the dinosaurs."

You wrote it man. I didn't. biggrin.png

In my 20's I walked into a bar in on an American base in Thailand with my uniform on. I looked good. And young women fought for me and took me home for the night. In my 40's in a suit from Savile row at the Mandarin Oriental for tea, ladies in little black dresses from Chanel nibbled on finger sandwiches chatted intelligently and then took me home for the night. In my 60's in cargo shorts and polo shirt in a bar on Soi LK Metro in Pattaya women in next to nothing ate som tom chatted with me in Lao/Thai and took me home for the night. I hope that explains how the women in Thailand have changed over the years.biggrin.png

Yep, it does. The bill you were presented with in the morning - adjusted for inflation - was 10 times higher in your 60s

Basically you're of all sticking with the bar girl scene wherever you go & through the ages.

Yep, it does. The bill you were presented with in the morning - adjusted for inflation - was 10 times higher in your 60s

How dare you insinuate that I have ever paid for sex. How dare you. Because I have paid rents, bought homes and cars and sustained families does not mean I have ever paid for sex in Thailand. Because I have put numerous women through college and equipped them to function in a modern international world of business does not mean I have ever paid for sex. I'll thank you not to judge everyone by yourself.

Girls who have recently broke up with their Thai boyfriend and your their first Falang one are great.

Girls who just broke up with their first Falang boyfriend, even better!

I've said this before. Find a gal who divorced a farang and has a farang-built house and a farang purchased new car. Then you won't have to build her anything. Just move in and contribute to household expenses.

Or, find a gal with a good education and job who has bought a new home on the new home scheme, and a new car on the new car scheme, but who is struggling with debt and helping parents. Move in, toss 40k pm into the mix to make life easy. Then if things go sideways you can get into your own car and leave.

• Like 1

Basically you're of all sticking with the bar girl scene wherever you go & through the ages.

The Authors wing at the Mandarin Oriental is hardly a bar. But speaking of that I have tried buying women a drink in the toilet and in the operating room at a hospital and the produce department at the grocery store. A bar is by far a better choice.

I realize your comment was meant to humiliate me and bring me crashing, crawling to my knees in supplication to your infinite wisdom. But if one wants a drink after attending the dinner party for the new Ambassador one goes to a bar.

How dare you insinuate that I have ever paid for sex. How dare you. Because I have paid rents, bought homes and cars and sustained families does not mean I have ever paid for sex in Thailand. Because I have put numerous women through college and equipped them to function in a modern international world of business does not mean I have ever paid for sex. I'll thank you not to judge everyone by yourself.

OK, gramps, the values - adjusted for inflation - of the houses you bought, the rents you paid and college educations you funded after your dalliances with your bar girls were 10 times more expensive in your 60s.

Satisfied?

Christ! Guessing you're religious as Jesus weeps & keeps with his who...res. Settle down, but agree your post implies.

A rich old guy can always get plastic surgery. A poor young guy can't always get rich. What can the poor young guy do for the family? What can the rich old guy do for the family? Those are the questions asked in Thailand.

Thailand has always respected age and wealth and will continue to do so; it is the Thai way. The West has changed to a media driven youth culture and you have bought the line.

Yet more evidence of your complete detachment from reality. I wince when I think of a man of your advanced years so utterly immersed in his own naivety.

You're sitting there convinced it's only old men who have money and it's hilarious. Most of the pensioners are here precisely because what relative wealth they have stretches far further than it does in the West.

The nonsense you're spouting about old men and money has its roots in tired anecdotes from 20 or 30 years ago - Thai society is changing fast and you're failing to see it so rooted in the past is your thinking.

I strenuously object to your use of the term troglodytes to insult these salt of the earth people, usually far more pleasant and sincere than the wealthier urban minority.

And I don't wear shorts except at the beach.

"Salt of the earth people"???!!!

Don't pretend you see them as anything more than the wellspring for the young girls you routinely exploit for your own despicable ends.

One day, mate, those police sirens you hear whizzing past your home every night will come to rest right outside your front door attached to a search warrant.

I bet your definition of "making good money" is waaaaaay different to mine.

OK, gramps, the values - adjusted for inflation - of the houses you bought, the rents you paid and college educations you funded after your dalliances with your bar girls were 10 times more expensive in your 60s.

Satisfied?

As of percent of income at 20 years and 40 years old and 60 years old? 40 years old was dirt cheap. 20 years old they were paying me and now it's about the same as the pool maintenance guy in LA, actually a bit less.

Any way you look at it Thai women have always been pocket change compared to a lady with a lawyer in the West.

Wendy Deng got a $44 million dollar apartment and a house in China. Gosh...... 44 million American dollars now that's some expensive conversation, I'll tell you.

Satisfied?

As of percent of income at 20 years and 40 years old and 60 years old? 40 years old was dirt cheap. 20 years old they were paying me and now it's about the same as the pool maintenance guy in LA, actually a bit less.

Any way you look at it Thai women have always been pocket change compared to a lady with a lawyer in the West.

Wendy Deng got a $44 million dollar apartment and a house in China. Gosh...... 44 million American dollars now that's some expensive conversation, I'll tell you.

Still evasive, would like read your justification to HardenedSoul?

Satisfied?

Still evasive, would like read your justification to HardenedSoul?

I really don't know what you mean. Adjusted for inflation I think the price of ...... has stayed constant since the volcano erupted over Pompeii.

The only reason I mention Pompeii is I can hear this Italian lady saying, "Remember what happened the last time you didn't give me a tip!"

Edited by thailiketoo

case of mistaken identity. What you think and what is actually happening around you is not the age difference. It is the fact that you are a farang and they will always see her as a bar girl. The more touristy places you go to, the more you will see it. It took me all of about two minutes to figure that one out. Although it still does not sit well with me, the time i get to be with my wife is much more enjoyable than to sit around and worry how we are seen together. On the opposite side of things, when we go to the shopping districts, many women touch me in hopes for good luck. They see my wife is doing good and is very happy to be with her man. so...they wish to have the same. one last thing is, true beauty and love comes from the heart, not buy how they look...love 101

I don't think anyone would stare at a 42-25 couple in Thailand. Why are you so self-conscious? Are you seeking validation?

He was too long in the arctic. About "loser" who give gift. Some men are just not "Cheap". on top of that, "walk a mile in my shoes before u criticise me"