New Victory Motorcycles and Indian Motorcycles Dealership in Bangkok - Phatthanakan Soi 76

A little birdy sent this to me today.

Appears to be a new dealership for Victory and Indian.

Looks to be reasonably big inside too when empty at least.

photo1_1.jpg

It is about 70 meters down the soi (76) on the right hand side.

Soi 76 is about 1km from the Phatthanakan/Sukhumvit 77 intersection.

Screen_Shot_2014_03_11_at_22_01_49.png

Has been under construction for about the last 3 - 4 months from memory.

Anyone know any more info?

• Like 1

Expect imported bikes will have a 300% duty unless this company sets up shop to manufacture the bikes here and the parts will be very hard to procure..import tax..hold ups on delivery..possible lost parts....now if that is what you want sure go ahead and sink 3x the amount you will pay for local bikes.... I prefer the local products... recently added a Honda Forza..great bike, handles like my PCX but one needs practice away from traffic here in Pattaya. i dislike the noise and the "oh I need attention" in riding a chopper, a loud bike does create bad Karma in that it like a barking dog at your feet...oh it won't bite just the noise is enough to dis-like such an event.

I know maybe I am on the wrong side of street bikes..choppers... and will await some kind of reply on my silence while driving by you!

post-27018-0-62696300-1394596296_thumb.j

Both Brands are interesting and if I were rich I would be interested.

They will cost something like from1.1 to 3 mill (not sure) baht depending on model which is pocket change for some Thais so rest assured that they will sell.

The Hi-So Thais loves stuff like this, take the bike for a Sunday ride so everybody can see your very expensive new shinny bike, ha-ha.

I doubt there will be many real bikers among the customers.

i dislike the noise and the "oh I need attention" in riding a chopper, a loud bike does create bad Karma in that it like a barking dog at your feet...oh it won't bite just the noise is enough to dis-like such an event.

I know maybe I am on the wrong side of street bikes..choppers... and will await some kind of reply on my silence while driving by you!

Loud pipes save lives

If I was going to buy a cruiser, personaly I wouldn't buy a Victory. Victory don't have history like Indian or Harley, so why would I pay a fortune for something that has no history, than I might as well buy a Japanese cruiser for half the price and it will have better finnish and quality.

Harley and Indian have the history and the prestige built over many years, having said that, it doesn't mean it's a better motorcycle than say a Suzuki M109R or a Honda......

• Like 2

i dislike the noise and the "oh I need attention" in riding a chopper, a loud bike does create bad Karma in that it like a barking dog at your feet...oh it won't bite just the noise is enough to dis-like such an event.

Loud pipes save lives

If I was going to buy a cruiser, personaly I wouldn't buy a Victory. Victory don't have history like Indian or Harley, so why would I pay a fortune for something that has no history, than I might as well buy a Japanese cruiser for half the price and it will have better finnish and quality.

Harley and Indian have the history and the prestige built over many years, having said that, it doesn't mean it's a better motorcycle than say a Suzuki M109R or a Honda......

True enough, but that High Ball looks schweeeet... wonder what they sound like, I've never heard one.

Indian is just a reborn brand name now owned by Victory's parent company Polaris. The last real Indian was made over 60 years ago and the new one is just a styling exercise, albeit a very nice one, in tribute to the Springfield made Indians. I saw the Victory lineup at the 2013 Bangkok Motorcycle Festival and the finish was as good as and probably superior to it's American and Japanese rivals. I've never heard of problems with parts supply for Victory here and a company like Polaris won't let an importer harm the company name.As Guzzi said, There are Thais here with enough spare change who will buy these bikes. Victory are still here after a year and upsizing already.

Loud is good. I opted for a Honda CBR250R after riding scooters till I no longer needed training wheels. I changed out the stock exhaust for the same the Honda racing team. Not street legal and I have paid a fine for it - changing away from a stock exhaust is illegal in Thailand. I changed out the squeaky horn for a car horn. I rarely use the horn in favor of revving up my bike - great for letting cars and trucks know you are there. And for scaring the crap out of dogs trying to bite my ankles. I also have upmarket brakes and I sadly tossed out my IRC front and Thai made Michelin rear tire in favor of Pirelli Sports Daemon tires that grip the roads - pavement in SE Asia not the same as in the West. Plus much more oil on the roads from old beater vehicles that should be junked. I also put a secondary gas filter on because it is fuel injected (NOT a great idea for here because of small ports) and gas in hole in the wall stations (sometimes only a 45 gallon drum with a manual crank pump) in the mountains can be dirty or water laden. Why Honda - import tax makes it value for money in Thailand, there is a dealer in even very small towns and mechanics even in the mountains. A 250cc for passing power, good torque for mountain trails and light enough for this 62 year old man to pick up alone if its dropped, which it has been. And last, lots of white LED lights front and rear AND red at the rear for my brakes.

Now on an extended layover in Phnom Penh, Cambodia after riding out of Chiang Mai December 26th.

Ride and drive safely because few here will!!

Edited by paulhen

I've seen Victory bikes on last year's BKK bike show. Good finish, nice looking bikes and they were starting from 1.2 mil which isn't bad for a 1700+ cc engine. They're about half this price in Canada.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

Many of my mates in UK have victory's and they seem to be much better bikes than HD ,in terms of power, braking , quality and handling ,, and about 20% less than HDs its only the heritage and history of HD that Polaris dont have ,, I am sure they will do a good job with the Indian brand too as they have the financial clout and engineering expertise from all the other areas that they work in ,such as water craft ,snow mobiles , aeronautical systems and industrial plant and they employ some serious design engineers and stylists .

i have borrowed and ridden a few and they are excellent ,, used to own a few HDs in the past and recently built a Chopped buell and a low rider for couple of friends ,, but the victory motors are a much sounder design than HD twin cams and develop 95 hp out off the showroom the equivalent HD need some serious work to do that .

• Like 1

Expect imported bikes will have a 300% duty unless this company sets up shop to manufacture the bikes here and the parts will be very hard to procure..import tax..hold ups on delivery..possible lost parts....now if that is what you want sure go ahead and sink 3x the amount you will pay for local bikes.... I prefer the local products... recently added a Honda Forza..great bike, handles like my PCX but one needs practice away from traffic here in Pattaya. i dislike the noise and the "oh I need attention" in riding a chopper, a loud bike does create bad Karma in that it like a barking dog at your feet...oh it won't bite just the noise is enough to dis-like such an event.

Why would it be 300% duty when even the customs website says on a bike the is a total 77% ?

The 77% aligns with the price of the New Yamaha bolt that will be selling soon and also the suggested price for the 2014 Yamaha SR400 that will be sold as well.

Many of my mates in UK have victory's and they seem to be much better bikes than HD ,in terms of power, braking , quality and handling ,, and about 20% less than HDs its only the heritage and history of HD that Polaris dont have ,, I am sure they will do a good job with the Indian brand too as they have the financial clout and engineering expertise from all the other areas that they work in ,such as water craft ,snow mobiles , aeronautical systems and industrial plant and they employ some serious design engineers and stylists .

i have borrowed and ridden a few and they are excellent ,, used to own a few HDs in the past and recently built a Chopped buell and a low rider for couple of friends ,, but the victory motors are a much sounder design than HD twin cams and develop 95 hp out off the showroom the equivalent HD need some serious work to do that .

Definitely interested, read some road tests on the internet that were all very positive. 95 horsies is plenty for me, I'd be happy to ride it off the showroom floor and leave it as it is. As you say, how many Harley's could you do that with?

vegas_high_ball.jpg

The cheapest model is the Vegas Eight Ball which costs 1015000 baht (£18845) . It costs £9495 in the UK, so I guess the duty here is probably the same as that of a Harley Davidson, so not outrageous for an imported bike. If I was in the market for a Victory I like the Judge with it's mid mount controls and less cruiser more street bike look.

Why would it be 300% duty when even the customs website says on a bike the is a total 77% ?

The 77% aligns with the price of the New Yamaha bolt that will be selling soon and also the suggested price for the 2014 Yamaha SR400 that will be sold as well.

Don't know where he got 300%. The most I've seen (for any bike) is double the price compared to North American prices. Cars yes, 300%.

His whole reply is full of negatives and coming from a guy riding scooters, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ducati and KTM charge more than double US MSRP for their top-of-the-line bikes (like all versions of the Panigale and the 1290 Superduke)- it has nothing to do with taxes, though- they're just gouging us here in LOS.

Double is still well short of the 300% duty the scooter rider was talking about.

Ducati and KTM charge more than double US MSRP for their top-of-the-line bikes (like all versions of the Panigale and the 1290 Superduke)- it has nothing to do with taxes, though- they're just gouging us here in LOS.

Double is still well short of the 300% duty the scooter rider was talking about.

I was referring to the post directly above mine which stated the most he'd seen was double prices in the West (where Ducati and KTM go closer to 125% on some models)- obviously the poster who said there's a 300% mark-up has never shopped for a bike in LOS. Edited by RubberSideDown

I was referring to the post directly above mine which stated the most he'd seen was double prices in the West (where Ducati and KTM go closer to 125% on some models)- obviously the poster who said there's a 300% mark-up has never shopped for a bike in LOS.

Yeah, can't believe the ticket on a Duke here. I've previously owed two in Oz, an old S2 900 bevel drive and a 916, and while I love the whole clip-ons and rear-sets caper the old bod just can't take it anymore.

And I know it's a subjective thing, but the sound of that 900 S2 bevel drive particularly when I was spanking it (the bike that is) through a two into one Gianelli exhaust, combined with the inlet noise from the Dellorto 40mm carbs (yes, you could hear it over the bellow from the exhaust AND wearing a full face helmet) is a sound I'll take to my grave. The 916 had a nice note, but it was just a much more civilised prospect altogether, even after I put a Termi on it and chipped it. Still a nice note though...

Back to the Victory's though, one of the reasons I'm leaning to one of the Victory's as opposed to an Indian (or a Harley for that matter) is the handling and braking differences, seems to be more like a sport bike then a traditional cruiser, according to some of the road tests I've read anyways.

Edited by NumbNut

I was referring to the post directly above mine which stated the most he'd seen was double prices in the West (where Ducati and KTM go closer to 125% on some models)- obviously the poster who said there's a 300% mark-up has never shopped for a bike in LOS.
Correct, I should have said for most bikes, not all the bikes, as there are a few exceptions, you're right.

I've been a Victory fan for several years. Will buy one when my business in Oz has the spare coin for me to pull some out.

I've loved the Vision since I first laid eyes on one. But until I have time to spend more weekends away a lesser model will do.

And their only 25% dearer here than Oz.....which is about 25% dearer than the U.S.A.