Visa To Oz For Wifes Mum

Looking to bring my TW's mum to Perth sometime in the next year for either a long holiday or to migrate. Which would be the best option to look at on the dimia or bkk embassy site? My wife isn't a permanent resident yet and i'm pretty sure she will need to be one first for her to sponsor her mum. If that's the case will she need a job beforehand and a large bank account or could she use me as a sponsor? I'm confused about which way to go with this. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA!

Looking to bring my TW's mum to Perth sometime in the next year for either a long holiday or to migrate. Which would be the best option to look at on the dimia or bkk embassy site? My wife isn't a permanent resident yet and i'm pretty sure she will need to be one first for her to sponsor her mum. If that's the case will she need a job beforehand and a large bank account or could she use me as a sponsor? I'm confused about which way to go with this. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA!

Which way you go depends on what the Mum wants... She may appreciate the holiday but moving to a new country at an older age maybe a bit much for her. Perhaps a short holiday for a couple of months so that Mum can see what Oz is like would be the go.

Both options are covered in the Immigration site.