Yingluck says she feels sorry for the scrapping of infrastructure mega projects

webfact

Or she could just go with the proposals of the Democrat party where they spell out how the money will be spent, without the need for borrowing large amounts of non-transparent cash

Plus the Democrats were going to put money into Education.

I know what kind.

Hopefully it would be real education. Teach them to use logic and reason.

they need to be upgraded so Thailand can remain as the transportation and investment hub of the region.

Remain cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Must have studied in Kentucky

re·main
riˈmān/
verb
verb: remain; 3rd person present: remains; past tense: remained; past participle: remained; gerund or present participle: remaining
continue to exist, esp. after other similar or related people or things have ceased to exist.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe if you hadn't screwed up the rice scheme the CC might have seen the merit in what you're trying to do. Pity that, 30% of 2 trillion would have ironed out all your woes and bought everyone off, you might've been in power for decades.

The Constitutional Court would have been derelict in their duty if they had allowed the bill no matter what else the PTP had done.

It was very sketchy with no research done on it to see if the projects were really needed.

Perhaps Yingluck can save her regret for how she has governed.

She is just campaigning now, she knows she's finished. She will be in our village on Friday, some of the roads closed already, tents erected etc. I told my wife I was going to get a whistle and ask Yingluck where the money is, wife said I should go to town and stay there until YS is gone.

My wife is wrong every now and then also.

You would be doing Yingluck a great service as she has been in Facebook and behind lines of red shirts she thinks every one loves her so you would be showing her she is wrong.

Of course she would use red shirt democracy on you and pull your visa after you got out of the hospital but she would know that at least one doesn't back her.

Come to think of it do they even sell the whistles in the North? My wife hates the Shinawatra's but even in the house she doesn't want me to talk about it the neighbors might over hear me.

As all of her staple policies have failed, the dent thing to do is to resign. Still think she'll flee the country in tears very soon though.

Big Bruv is not going to be happy.

Might be time to open a book on the who'll the Boss will appoint as the next PM.

I suspect Yaowapa could be the early market leader.

"She noted that Thailand’s infrastructures were not as good as those in several countries in the region and, therefore, they need to be upgraded so Thailand can remain as the transportation and investment hub of the region."

Am I missing something here? Surely Thailand is in the top 2 or 3 countries in the region in terms of infrastructure? Surely the other countries are so far behind there's ample time for a sustainable approach to 'mega' projects? Even with all of the foreign investment in Myanmar these days, it will be years before they are even close to Thailand in terms of infrastructure.

For what ? Making more bumpy roads, without proper maintenance. Nobody needs that. Before you want to make big new projects you have to think about the maintenance. The worst roads where I live are the roads with residuals of asphalt. The dirt roads are much better. Maintenance problem ? Probably roads from an earlier prime ministers dreams.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

As all of her staple policies have failed, the dent thing to do is to resign. Still think she'll flee the country in tears very soon though.

Big Bruv is not going to be happy.

Might be time to open a book on the who'll the Boss will appoint as the next PM.

I suspect Yaowapa could be the early market leader.

My moneys is on the esteemed minister for ear medicine

An appointed Senate, eh? Well, that's certainly how it used to be done, and I as a member of the landed gentry thoroughly approve! I wonder who would do the appointing though? A committee of Amarta, headed by the good Mr Suthep, perhaps? Or judges? Or a group of old Etonians gathered by Mr Abhisit? Well, anyway that's up to you chaps. The important thing is that the selection committee must not include any of those beastly 'working people' or anyone with a dark skin colour: so no Isaan people, you understand? It's got to be all Thai-Chinese, okay. This is our kind of "democracy", remember!

Yep so do I.

The voted senators should be jailed for supporting this? An appointed senator didn't agree with it and this is further ratifies my argument for an appointed senate being crucial to ensure democracy is represented in the Thai governmental framework all the way to the senate.

the problem with Thailand is they are nothing more than a huge cheap sweat house for cheap manufacturing from other power houses around the world, they have developed nothing of their own and rely heavily on support from foreign companies, the only infrastructure that was developed over the years was the ports and road transport to support these foreign industrials, yes they have their own products in farming and rubber rice chickens and shrimp but boy did they mess that up, that's about it, tourism is by definition an export business also

What they have failed to do is put a portion of revenue from these businesses back into the infrastructure of the country, take tourism as an example - if they had the forethought of putting just 20% of revenue earned back into the tourism industry improving sites - developing theme parks - creating tourist attractions of quality standards, instead they pocketed as much as they could creaming off money that should have been invested right back in there, I've been to several zoo's over the last few years and they are a shambles - dirty and clearly underfunded, it's a disgrace, and I'm not even going to start on Pattaya a so called top Thailand beach resort

These people have failed to perform over years and the outcome was always going to be the same - every x number of years the country crashes because of massive greed and corruption and lack of foresight, watch how it fares with it's developing neighbours over the next 10 years, the headline then will be - Thailand the hub of economic failures

• Like 1

She is lieing and misleading again. Budgets can be allocated and approved in the normal way. Anyhow Thailand needs an affordable, modern, dual track railway system, not pie in the sky high speed trains.

So you know better so how about you showing us all the laws that you say she's lieing about

I can't stand this woman! Nobody is stopping you from building new trains and roads and/or improving current infrastructure!?! You're just not getting the blank cheque you wanted. Grow the &lt;deleted&gt; up please.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yingluck, the reason the project is scrapped is NOT because Thailand doesn't need to improve its infrastructure but because (again) your government thought that it could spend another trillion or so WITHOUT transparency. And you know that.

Please tell your followers the truth. If you would have acted responsibly, you didn't have to feel "sorry".

It is a shame that because of corruption in Thailand, that a bill that provides for much needed infrastructure, cannot go forward. This bill needs to be re-worked for more accountability of who gets the money, and when, according to a strict contract. Of course, we all realize, that any contracts in the U.S. always increases by 100% minimum, but to postpone the needed improvements will only delay a larger cost down the road. It is a countries obligations to improve their infrastructure, and this always pays big returns. I hope they can honestly find a work around to make this happen.

Her main regret is the loss of the amount of money big brother would have gathered in and now is taking a beating on his land purchases.

Also she is keenly feeling the displeasure of her brother the clone caddy who is now saying she made bad choices.

He is over looking the fact that she had no choice as to her brother would be.

It is a shame that because of corruption in Thailand, that a bill that provides for much needed infrastructure, cannot go forward. This bill needs to be re-worked for more accountability of who gets the money, and when, according to a strict contract. Of course, we all realize, that any contracts in the U.S. always increases by 100% minimum, but to postpone the needed improvements will only delay a larger cost down the road. It is a countries obligations to improve their infrastructure, and this always pays big returns. I hope they can honestly find a work around to make this happen.

Well what you say is true.

But you left out the part about using the funds in the needed areas. This plan was arbitrarily thrown together with no real study as to where the money could best be used. It was more like where can we spend it to get the most votes.

I noticed a lot of money going into high speed rail service where there was no need for it and nothing going into rail maintenance which is needed nation wide.