DNA test confirms body parts are of missing Phuket girl Nong Dear, 7

webfact

DNA test confirms body parts are of missing Phuket girl Nong Dear, 7
Phuket Gazette

1_2014312183659960_bcuBhgumESGDBrsECETZL
When Nong Dear didn’t return home after a visit to her aunt, her mother called the police. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- The human remains found in a Chalong pine forest last December are those of missing 7-year-old Nong Dear, police confirmed today.

“The Institute of Forensic Medicine in Bangkok unofficially confirmed on Monday that the DNA of the body parts found in Chalong matches those of Nong Dear’s parents,” Capt Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“I notified her family as soon as I got the result. They said they want to bring their daughter’s remains back for a funeral. We will go to Bangkok to get them as soon as we receive the official results,” Capt Thada said.

Initial DNA tests done in January failed to find a match between the remains and the girl’s parents. For the second, more sophisticated test, samples were taken from pulverized bone. These yielded a match.

Natthapa “Nong Dear” Papkaew was reported missing by her parents when she failed to come home on December 6 last year. She had gone to visit her aunt and was being returned home by a family friend when she asked to be dropped off to play with some friends (story here).

She was last seen in Soi Koktanode, across Chao Fa East Road from Wat Ladthiwanaram (Wat Tai).

When after a week police efforts had yielded nothing, her mother, Jaroon Papkaew, consulted a spirit medium (story here). It was the medium that led the family to search the pine forest where her remains were ultimately found on December 19 and 20.

Part of a skull, along with muddy shorts and slippers were found first. During a second search, more body parts were discovered: rib bones, part of a foot, a tooth and pieces of skin and flesh. Police believe an animal may have been responsible for dismembering her body (story here).

After the discovery, police planned to collect and examine CCTV footage from the area leading to the pine forest.

“We didn’t find any clues in the footage,” Capt Thada said today. “But we are continuing the investigation and want to solve this crime as soon as possible.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/DNA-test-confirms-body-parts-are-of-missing-Phuket-girl-Nong-Dear-7-27819.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-13

DNA confirms remains are that of missing Phuket child Nong Dear
Anthika Muangrod

1394685138_1.jpg

Nong Dear: DNA results show the remains found were those of Nong Dear.

PHUKET: -- Chalong police have confirmed that DNA results from remains found near Palai Beach in Chalong on December 19 last year match that of missing six-year-old Natthapa “Nong Dear” Tabkaew.

Pol Capt Thada Sodarak of Chalong Police said DNA from the skull and remains, including bones found, match Nong Dear’s parents.

“We don’t know who the person is who did this, but we have a suspect,” Capt Thada said.

Nong Dear’s mother Jaroon Tubkaew told The Phuket News she believes her daughter was raped and murdered in a case similar to that of Nong Cartoon’s – the six-year-old who was raped and murdered in Bangkok.

“I can’t bear this,” she said through tears today.

“I miss my daughter all the time and I cry every time I think about her. I don’t understand how a person could do this to a little girl – what is their heart made of?

“I really want the police to find the person responsible as soon as possible, and for them to be punished.”

Nong Dear went missing on December 6 last year after being dropped off close to home after spending an hour at her aunt’s house.

The aunt, Surin “Rin” Sridow, told The Phuket News, “On that day, her father brought her to my house around 1 pm to play with me as usual. She’s a talkative and cheerful girl and she came to my house pretty often.

“Around 2 pm she went with Boy, who is about 20 and is a very close friend of Nong Dear’s elder. He was supposed to drop her off at her home [on Soi 4], but instead – at her request – he dropped her at Soi 5, from where, she told him, she intended to walk to play with friends in Soi 2.”

That was the last time she was seen by anyone related to the family.

“Later, about 3 pm, her father came to pick her up at my house, and we became very worried and started to look for her. After searching for her everywhere without success, we decided at around 7 pm to contact Chalong police station to tell them she was missing.

On December 20, remains and a skull were found.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/dna-confirms-remains-are-that-of-missing-phuket-child-nong-dear-45121.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-03-13

Well they should investigate the story of Boy 20, the close friend of the family first.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1