Wine Excise stamp colour

domu

Hello everybody,

I noticed that there are two kinds of excise stamps on top of the wines bottles: blue and orange. The orange one is on the cheapest bottles. What is the difference in the product quality? Are the orange bottled in Thailand?

As I self proclaimed wine expert may I offer this advice....do not worry about excise NOTHING you can do about it....where I come from a wine making counrty of great repute ( not my words is FACT ) I pay about 3 time here what I pay for the same bottle back home ...NOW my son has a winery ( yes yes yes ) and I can tell you within the wine industry it's common knowledge if you buy a cheaper wine DECANT it for for at least 30 minutes before you drink it and the flavour will increase by at least 15 % thus makeing a cheap wine much better......South African Chile wine are great but do decant them......store the reds in a cool dark place DON'T put in the fridge and as aways serve wine wine COLD.......most important drink what you like with what you like ....

Enjoy every glass....good luck to you

As I self proclaimed wine expert may I offer this advice....do not worry about excise NOTHING you can do about it....where I come from a wine making counrty of great repute ( not my words is FACT ) I pay about 3 time here what I pay for the same bottle back home ...NOW my son has a winery ( yes yes yes ) and I can tell you within the wine industry it's common knowledge if you buy a cheaper wine DECANT it for for at least 30 minutes before you drink it and the flavour will increase by at least 15 % thus makeing a cheap wine much better......South African Chile wine are great but do decant them......store the reds in a cool dark place DON'T put in the fridge and as aways serve wine wine COLD.......most important drink what you like with what you like ....

I would the difference rate more in the 5 time area than 3 time for a every day wine.

For the cheap wine, often the problem is not the lack of aroma, it is the broken aroma.....South African, Chile and Italy cheap wine are drinkable here. I tried a couple of cheap french wines, they are not drinkable at all. Complete ugly in taste. So ugly that you can't even mix it with fanta.....Either the cheap french wines are crap or they are all stored wrong or shipped in the sun in a black container....

I know several people who like their red wine cold. I am a bit sorry for that, because for me a good red wine and cheap OK red wine taste exactly the same if it is ice cold.

You do know that the OP is referring to the seal that the Excise Department put over bottles of liquor here in Thailand and not the coloration of the wine itself, right?

To the OP, the orange is locally produced and the blue is imported...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app