Revised forum rules/guidelines for Thaivisa Forum

AyG

Why not just take the time and review the revised forum rules?

So you don't know what the change is either eh? smile.png

It's a matter of efficiency. I've already read them once. Don't much care to do it again. I try my best to follow a general "don't be a jerk" rule. That should keep me out of trouble 99.9% of the time.

One big change is that Thai Visa can publish or republish anything under our real name.

Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

Prostitution is no longer specifically mentioned. I suppose it's an OK topic now, so long as it is within the fairly generous remit of Thai law.

That should liven up the forum, and due to the general ignorance of specific limits - well, to comment on the consequences would be ultra vires.

One big change is that Thai Visa can publish or republish anything under our real name.

Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

So we can expect unsolicited emails because ThaiVisa has sold them an email list

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Bazt

No, we do not sell or give email addresses or other data to third parties. See our Privacy policy:

http://www.thaivisa.com/privacy-policy.html

I'm more worried about this bit:

"Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material"

- particularly the "your name" -

which seems to contradict the second bullet of the Privacy Policy, and the PRIVACY paragraph. I don't see how TV can maintain the credibility of their policy with this clause in their Service Agreement.

SC

EDIT: I don't want TV selling itself on the strength of their rugby league coverage, and advertising "StreetCowboy said 'It's a Hyoomilliayashun'", and a whole bunch of aggrieved Pie-Eaters showing up on my doorstep

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

No, we do not sell or give email addresses or other data to third parties. See our Privacy policy:

http://www.thaivisa.com/privacy-policy.html

I'm more worried about this bit:

"Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material"

- particularly the "your name" -

which seems to contradict the second bullet of the Privacy Policy, and the PRIVACY paragraph. I don't see how TV can maintain the credibility of their policy with this clause in their Service Agreement.

SC

EDIT: I don't want TV selling itself on the strength of their rugby league coverage, and advertising "StreetCowboy said 'It's a Hyoomilliayashun'", and a whole bunch of aggrieved Pie-Eaters showing up on my doorstep

We will have this rectified in a revised version coming soon. Thanks for the heads-up!

We are using standard wording here, most websites with user generated content are using this or similar wording.

I agree. On two other forums where I moderate and a few more where I'm a member, all reserve the right to republish user-generated content. Although I have to wonder what contributions have been made here that are worth republishing.

We are using standard wording here, most websites with user generated content are using this or similar wording.

I agree. On two other forums where I moderate and a few more where I'm a member, all reserve the right to republish user-generated content. Although I have to wonder what contributions have been made here that are worth republishing.

Although I have to wonder what contributions have been made here that are worth republishing.

Did you ever take a look at my posts for that matter ?

• Like 1

The thousands of posts in the visa forums that have helped people through the hoops of immigration to all sorts of countries? The farming forum full of advice for those who grow your food? All the help that Sheryl and others have given in the health forum? You ought to get out of General and take a look around.

Can I confirm that Thai Visa will not apply this retrospectively?

As, the material submitted to the forum before the rule change is not subject to the new rules as displayed above?

The thousands of posts in the visa forums that have helped people through the hoops of immigration to all sorts of countries? The farming forum full of advice for those who grow your food? All the help that Sheryl and others have given in the health forum? You ought to get out of General and take a look around.

Yes I've seen them. There's no question that some good advice has been given here. I've also posted my share of keepers. I just don't see the forum owners sifting through the thousands of haystacks to find the few needles that are outstanding, and then doing what with those individual posts? Write a book?

I suspect the language is more for CYA purposes so that snippets of our posts can appear in the daily newsletter that gets mailed out to subscribers.

As, the material submitted to the forum before the rule change is not subject to the new rules as displayed above?

I hope Thai visa will find the time to answer this please?

I hope Thai visa will find the time to answer this please?

The paragraph will be changed so there is no changes in that respect. Please give us some time to work out a rewrite and I will get back to you. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity. I get the first part. But, "or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity." Does that really mean by avoiding troll activity one incites useless arguments?

See? It says, "to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

I think the intention was to tell posters not to respond to troll posts ( assuming one knows what a troll post is) but I'm not sure.