First Filipino's, now a Farang hustler?

BruceMangosteen

When I have a few minutes to kill will I use a Philippina starving childrens' scammer to kill the time.

They used to buttonhole me at the Thonglor BTS.

And of course they are easy to spot.

I'd listen intently while scoping the environs for the backup man, the urgent look sidesaddle partner, the apprentice scammers.

I always tried to encourage them to get to the end of their spiel.

I then rated the spiel on a scale of one to ten with considerations for English fluency, accent, confidence, sincerely, credibility and overall presentation skills.

I'd then tell them that I gave at the office.

They always got it.

They are much more fun than the begging nuns or monks. The Thai girlfriend who needs help with money. The Thai bargirl waving a wad of envelops. (You're never asked in an office setting) the BMA beggars, the garbage police (100 baht is enough) and the phone booth scammer in front of the fitness club.

I find it quite satisfying to slip an unexpected hundred baht into the hand of some grubby plastic bottle scavenger, though.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

"They are much more fun than the begging nuns or monks. "

Just when I start thinking my life is pretty dull and meaningless, I read something on Thai Visa that makes me realize I still have a long way to go before plumbing the depths of dull and meaningless.

@ Suradit69 Your plagiarism of that remark from many similar remarks on TV and then actually posting it wins first prize for "dull and meaningless" . . . . . . . . . hands down ;-)

But hey, lemme guess you're a million laughs in real life, right ;-?

Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Any idea why"Suradit69" defends the most stupid things ? Does he get paid, or recieve a prize / reward

• Like 2

When I have a few minutes to kill will I use a Philippina starving childrens' scammer to kill the time.

I'd listen intently while scoping the environs for the backup man, the urgent look sidesaddle partner, the apprentice scammers.

I then rated the spiel on a scale of one to ten with considerations for English fluency, accent, confidence, sincerely, credibility and overall presentation skills.

They always got it.

They are much more fun than the begging nuns or monks. The Thai girlfriend who needs help with money. The Thai bargirl waving a wad of envelops. (You're never asked in an office setting) the BMA beggars, the garbage police (100 baht is enough) and the phone booth scammer in front of the fitness club.

I find it quite satisfying to slip an unexpected hundred baht into the hand of some grubby plastic bottle scavenger, though.

Just when I start thinking my life is pretty dull and meaningless, I read something on Thai Visa that makes me realize I still have a long way to go before plumbing the depths of dull and meaningless.

@ Suradit69 Your plagiarism of that remark from many similar remarks on TV and then actually posting it wins first prize for "dull and meaningless" . . . . . . . . . hands down ;-)

Any idea why"Suradit69" defends the most stupid things ? Does he get paid, or recieve a prize / reward

For my part, I am absolutely mortified to admit that if I chased seven Changs with seven double shots of Lao Kaow I would do the same thing.

However in my own particular case I would be chasing Hoegarten's with Maker's Mark doubles and my Miss Durian (Rayong 1998) MBA B Eng. Benz-driving hi-so white-skinned wife would be standing by ordering our maid to clean up the barf, right ?

And, of course, unlike many of the grumpier, more serious critics of our TV posts . . . . . I would likely be (like) LIVING HERE most of the time. :-)

that bloke with the parot takes it with him into restaurants and the parot eats food from the bloke's plate, its bonkers....

Seen 'em myself.

I think the two of 'me have some sort of sex thing happening.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

that bloke with the parot takes it with him into restaurants and the parot eats food from the bloke's plate, its bonkers....

Seen 'em myself.

I think the two of 'me have some sort of sex thing happening.

Just sayin'.

Kanani would never do that, not sure about Don, he loves Kanani and so do I, she is a sweetheart, she can eat off of my plate any time she wants, in fact has often.

Ok, ok. Next time I see her she can eat off my plate too.

But she has to wait until I am finished.

Does Kanani understand Silver Service protocol or do I have to signal her that it's ok ?

They always got it.

"Your plagiarism of that remark from many similar remarks on TV "

​Ye gads. How dare you sir. I can assure you that when I plagiarize I do it from much higher quality "publications" than TV.

1332443281716_9734108.png

They always got it.

My payment is seeing the confusion amongst people who can't decided if it's i before e or e before i when spelling "receive."

Certainly most of my contrary responses are aimed at Thai bashers, although not in this case. Does it bother you that not everyone sees farang as innately superior and everything in Thailand to be contemptible?

Although in this case I can't see that I was defending anything or anyone. If you find begging nuns or monks to be funny, I suppose that makes you special in several ways.

Edited by Suradit69

Kanani would never do that, not sure about Don, he loves Kanani and so do I, she is a sweetheart, she can eat off of my plate any time she wants, in fact has often.

you think its acceptable to bring a parot into a restaurant and let it eat off your plate ??

Just a joke....

A FARANG in Songklha walked into a bar with a PARROT on his shoulder....

Everybody was looking at with surprise...

The bartender asked to the FARANG.." Hey! Where do you got that???!"

The PARROT responded..." In Pattaya!..there are a lot of them!!"

........should be: Bartender says: 'Hey what do mean by bringing that revolting smelly thing in here?

Parrot says: Oh, sorry. I didn't think you served parrots.

• Like 1

They always got it.

When bored i do the same thing,slip those timeshare girls a phone number and meet back at my office,can't BS a BSer.

you think its acceptable to bring a parot into a restaurant and let it eat off your plate ??

I missed seeing a mention of restaurant in bob4you's post.

I know this knob,he lives in Nirun condo,he either walks about with the parrot on his arm,or sales around with it on his bike.He's not very bright,he once paid a very hefty fine for charging people to have their photo taken with the bird.He could have picked a better spot than outside beach road cop shop.

They always got it.

My payment is seeing the confusion amongst people who can't decided if it's i before e or e before i when spelling "receive."

Certainly most of my contrary responses are aimed at Thai bashers, although not in this case. Does it bother you that not everyone sees farang as innately superior and everything in Thailand to be contemptible?

Although in this case I can't see that I was defending anything or anyone. If you find begging nuns or monks to be funny, I

suppose that makes you special in several ways.

Naw, Suradit69. I'm just not buyin' it.

C'mon now. You took your poke. Got a little surprise back. Then you hid behind the "deep cover" of some kind of penchant for profound irony . . . . . . and THEN you came back with ANOTHER kind of weak poke at someone for a third grade spelling mistake. Your mention of it implies that while you're not out here righting "Exceptionalist" wrongs on behalf of the Thais you are correcting the spelling and grammar of the TV hoi paloi.

Damned white of you Bwana :-) . . . . . . Now THAT'S sarcasm :-)))))

(Probably just about time for one of those biting "what are you on about, mate ?" Tweets now isn't it ;-?)

Edited by Donnie Brasco

I met this guy and didn't feel scammed at all, he wasn't pushy and only charged 200BHT, you can just say no. Also you need a licence to sell stuff on Pattaya beach. So go to another beach if you wish not to be hastled. He was Canadian by the way and noticed the Chinese enjoyed the experience, so no harm done I say.

I was more disgusted about the British guys doing the time share scam in Pattaya town. They use scratch cards and of course you win something, they jump up and down in joy, shouting you won you won, then you end up going to a hotel or office somewhere and get the hard sell for a time share scam . Fortunatly, I have seen programms on this on TV in UK, its been happening for years in Spain, so didn't fall for it. but it was amusing to watch this guy jump up and down like a girl when the scratch card said I won something, he didn't like my blank expression. It would be nice if the police get these people off the streets, as im sure they do not have work permits. They approach you by asking if you are friendly or speak English, just so no and move on, is my advice.

@louse1953 who said:

When bored i do the same thing,slip those timeshare girls a phone number and meet back at my office,can't BS a BSer.

What we're talking about here is actually an urban sport.

I used to let the Lucky Indian guy on Sukhumvit go all the way through his routine. At the end of his hypnosis/suggestion routine when he tries to get you to eat a small piece of paper I agree but request that he now answer a few of MY questions and confirm a few of MY assertions. I even asked him about his success rates.

You can learn a lot from these clowns.

And if you analyse/deconstruct their routines you can demonstrate clean congruency with bar girls and boiler room ropes.

LOVE boiler room peckerwoods. I feign mild interest while they run their ooga booga. Like the bar girl who says you're speciann

or the Lucky Indian who reminds you that you're lucky, lucky, today very very lucky, yes yes, the boiler room yobs will start calling you "friend" and ask you permission to do you a favour or let you in on special insider knowledge.

Waste as much of their time as possible.

Boiler yobs just love being screwed out of a couple of calls (remember, you've already been qualified by a list editor)

You can occasionally transplant these anti-scam skills and instincts to great benefit.

• Like 1

I used to let the Lucky Indian guy on Sukhumvit go all the way through his routine. At the end of his hypnosis/suggestion routine when he tries to get you to eat a small piece of paper I agree but request that he now answer a few of MY questions and confirm a few of MY assertions. I even asked him about his success rates.

Yeah, I've had him, but I didn't let him get past the second "lucky". Now you mention it though, what scam exactly is he trying to pull?

Edited by badmedicine