Beer & chlorine, tasty.

swissie

Be on alert. Little Farang Party last night with Import-Beer. Fast verdict of all: This is yellow chlorine-water and has nothing to do with beer. Dumped it all on the spot to avoid ill health-effects.

The point: "Over the edge" beer often times ends up in "export-channels" . To stretch the "point of no return" of import-beer by adding chlorine is an outrage.

Why not add a higher amount of formaldehyde (already been done), Basically tasteless as opposed to chlorine. What is good to conserve corpses (formaldehyde), must be good to conserve beer.

Can not shame and blame on this Forum, but the import beer in question starts with an "a" and ends with an "a".

More than ever: Cheers !

Chorline isn't added to any beer.

Bottles are sealed, and if they were reopened they would be skunked.

What you might have is chlorine being added to water that cleans the taps and draught equipment, but not added to the beer itself. This might especially be the case in places with a really, really bad water supply (one of the reasons friends wouldn't add draught beer in their bar in Koh Tao was the water supply tainting the beer in taps).

• Like 1

what does "Over the edge" beer , "export-channels" and stretch the "point of no return" means? blink.png

It means the OP is still drunk and probably doesn't have a clue what they are talking about ;-)

You should follow his threads.. he is known for that.

• Like 2

Archa, imported from Isaan ? Local cheapo beers are practically guaranteed to have nasty additives in them, steer clear.

Imported bottles have the tax sticker on the top, ain't nobody opening them before serving. Draft may contain all sorts of extras due to the equipment not being maintained/cleaned wrong/etc. Stick to bottles.

• Like 1

what does "Over the edge" beer , "export-channels" and stretch the "point of no return" means? blink.png

It means the OP is still drunk and probably doesn't have a clue what they are talking about ;-)

You should follow his threads.. he is known for that.

Well, the Schluchtenjodler should be aware that this beer, let's name it Archa, isn't an import beer. It's made in Thailand. Hicks.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/493/

• Like 1

I'm no expert ... however, beer is made with 'pure (reverse osmosis) water' which facilitates the necessary organisms to propagate in the beer, they consume it, piss it out (probably where the name 'piss' came from) and continue to do so to increase the alcoholic content ...

chlorine would kill all or the vast majority of those little 'beer-bugs', resulting in a 'dead beer', so I'd suggest you stop drinking by the pool ...

Are you talking about Archa? Archa is a wonderful beer compared to most of the other brands sold in the average corner shop. Been drinking it for five years, and I've never experienced buying a bottle that could ever be described as "yellow chlorine-water".

• Like 2

No need to be cryptic, you're free to post a review of the beer in question. If I say Chang beer is chemically treated rice water no one will sue me, and the mods won't ban me.

You little sh.. How dare you!!

Best beer in Thailand!! I'l hunt you down and break your <deleted>... legs U pri...!!angry.png

All Thai beer is heavy on preservatives,after a heavy session i feel like i have been drugged next day,sometimes the wholesale beer shop in town has carlsberg,i was never really a fan before but i have to say,i can drink a lot of it and feel pretty good next morning,i would feel vague and have a possible headache if i drank the same amount of Singha,Chang is rot gut,and beer Leo leaves me feeling like someone is doing open brain surgery on me,always above my right eye,as for this Archa, it did not have much of a rap on the beer review of se asian beer,but if it's made here then it will no doubt be full of preservatives.

• Like 2

One reason that beer brewed in London tastes like peewit's pee is that the water is heavily chlorinated . Traditionally the best beers were brewed in areas with good water. Probably no such thing in Thailand .

Archa beer does not give me a headache by the way, Chang beer does .

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The whole process of making beer cleans dirty water so there is no need to add chloryn, the beer you had was probably past its sell by date or badly stored. Years ago in UK everyone drank beer cause the water would kill you.

• Like 1

Are you talking about Archa? Archa is a wonderful beer compared to most of the other brands sold in the average corner shop. Been drinking it for five years, and I've never experienced buying a bottle that could ever be described as "yellow chlorine-water".

I drink Archa all the time when in Thailand,it's Thai and not imported,love my Archawai2.gif

• Like 1

Wonder where the OP has gotten that BS from.

Carlsberg is imported (Vietnam) and

Are you sure about that? Carlsberg has returned to Thailand and is distributed by Singha.

I've also heard that it's brewed here, by Singha, too.

Edited by somchaismith

Are you sure about that? Carlsberg has returned to Thailand and is distributed by Singha.

Should be easy to find out...if it tasts bad and dirty it is brewed inside Thailand...

Anyone who has experienced the thrills of drinking beer in the Philippines... will also tell you of bottles with beer sometimes tasting like dishsoap/chemical cleaners. Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles. I do not know of any other beers that I had problems with throughout Asia, except San Miguel and Beer Na Beer. Honestly, it used to be a very high chance of getting an unsavory bottle.

Should be easy to find out...if it tasts bad and dirty it is brewed inside Thailand...

Quote from the new updated forum rules.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Buy a case and what you'll notice are the glued tax seals on the bottles. It's imported, but I don't remember from where. Says on the bottle, but I don't have one right now.

Edited by DrTuner