Beer & chlorine, tasty.

swissie

One reason that beer brewed in London tastes like peewit's pee is that the water is heavily chlorinated . Traditionally the best beers were brewed in areas with good water. Probably no such thing in Thailand .

Archa beer does not give me a headache by the way, Chang beer does .

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Any beer will give me a headache if i drink to much of it.

• Like 2

Anyone who has experienced the thrills of drinking beer in the Philippines... will also tell you of bottles with beer sometimes tasting like dishsoap/chemical cleaners. Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles. I do not know of any other beers that I had problems with throughout Asia, except San Miguel and Beer Na Beer. Honestly, it used to be a very high chance of getting an unsavory bottle.

"Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles".

Most likely scenario I read so far.

Other than that: State a given fact or event in General-Forum and the "Hate-Brigade" crawls out from underneath their rocks (uncalled for insults that don't even have anything to do with the subject.)

Usual procedure.

Cheers.

Anyone who has experienced the thrills of drinking beer in the Philippines... will also tell you of bottles with beer sometimes tasting like dishsoap/chemical cleaners. Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles. I do not know of any other beers that I had problems with throughout Asia, except San Miguel and Beer Na Beer. Honestly, it used to be a very high chance of getting an unsavory bottle.

Other than that: State a given fact or event in General-Forum and the "Hate-Brigade" crawls out from underneath their rocks (uncalled for insults that don't even have anything to do with the subject.)

Usual procedure.

Cheers.

OK lets look at that. The quote you were discussing is, "Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles"

1. It is not a fact. 2. It is not about Thailand (Philippines) 3. Is not backed up by any evidence, links or anything.

Usual procedure. Say bad things about Thailand that don't make any sense and are not corroborated by any facts or links.

The beer myth has been around for years with no factual support.

Are you talking about Archa? Archa is a wonderful beer compared to most of the other brands sold in the average corner shop. Been drinking it for five years, and I've never experienced buying a bottle that could ever be described as "yellow chlorine-water".

I drink Archa all the time when in Thailand,it's Thai and not imported,love my Archawai2.gif

You're right, I just Googled it. Always had the impression it was Japanese, someone must've handed me misinformation. It's unfortunate that you can't ever order it in restaurants, not even in Isaan. I've had 12 or more big bottles of Archa in one evening (I drink 6 or so on average), and have never had a headache the next morning. Besides that, it actually tastes good.

One reason that beer brewed in London tastes like peewit's pee is that the water is heavily chlorinated . Traditionally the best beers were brewed in areas with good water.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Spot on mate. The quality of the water has everything to do with the taste of the beer.

I find this very very unlikely as any chemical such as chlorine would inhibit gases from forming in the bottle, it would be a dead flat beer.

Carbonation and Gas Injection is used for a variety of purposes. One of the most common applications is the addition of pressurised CO2 to carbonate beverages like beer, cider, soft drinks and sparkling water. Nitrogenation enhances the pourability and head stability of some beer. Good Oxygenation is an essential requirement for biological reactions, especially in processes such as fermentation and water treatment. Carbon Dioxide injection is an efficient and cost effective way to correct high pH waste water.

However if you want a good old fashioned American beer try Anchor Steam “Kräusening” is the process of adding a proportion of active wort to cellar tanks containing fully-fermented beer.

Is your beer a Real Ale or a CO2 injected modern dishwater? Best check.

http://www.businessballs.com/realale.htm

Edited by thailiketoo

Usual procedure.

Cheers.

OK lets look at that. The quote you were discussing is, "Has more to do with the way the wash their second hand bottles"

1. It is not a fact. 2. It is not about Thailand (Philippines) 3. Is not backed up by any evidence, links or anything.

Usual procedure. Say bad things about Thailand that don't make any sense and are not corroborated by any facts or links.

Getting almost academical. Love it !

5 Farangs, accustomed to drinking beer have unanimously concluded:" Laced with chlorine to the point of non-drinkable". That is FACT and irreversible.

Are there still Farangs around, that still believe, that beer in a tropical climate will stay "fresh" without the addition of chemical "stabilizers" ?

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that most of the damage occurs during transport, I regularly see beer being transported on the back of unrefrigerated trucks. So the less distance between point of origin and point of consumption the better. A lot of things will happen to that beer at high temperatures, a good beer after brewing should be stored at low temperatures for a month or two, Well worth the wait.

Archa for me, but then I'll drink anything (apart from peewit's pee).

• Like 1

Usual procedure.

Cheers.

Getting almost academical. Love it !

5 Farangs, accustomed to drinking beer have unanimously concluded:" Laced with chlorine to the point of non-drinkable". That is FACT and irreversible.

Are there still Farangs around, that still believe, that beer in a tropical climate will stay "fresh" without the addition of chemical "stabilizers" ?

Cheers

I tested Singha and Chang with a chlorine test kit and there was no chlorine present. You can buy the test kits at your aquarium pet store. Feel free to double check my findings.

• Like 2