Phuket tour bus drivers caught in Patong Hill checkpoint drug blitz

webfact

so why do airforce pilots take drugs to stay alert before going on a mission mr SanukJoeII your problem is you read to much and dont know anything yourself forget your self centered opinion and get facts

This is some truth to what you say, however, there is a big difference between pharmaceutical quality that the airforce pilots are on, and and the village "cook house" gear that Somchai the tourist bus driver is on.

• Like 1

there are some good cooks and some bad cooks but thats no the argument drugs used in moderation can save lives I was a professional long distant driver in charge of a 62 ton rig for over 30 yrs and have used them with no side affects ( dont know whose bullshit you are reading ) tell me what your experience with them is I suggest you do not even know what they look like................5555555

SanukJoeII

“The drivers who failed the test had their licenses confiscated immediately and they were ordered to complete a four-month drug treatment program at Vachira Phuket Hsopital,” Phuket Land Transportation Office (PLTO) Chief Terayout Prasertphol said.

Mr Terayout Prasertphol needs to awaken to the fact that alcohol or drug fueled public service vehicle drivers present lethal risk.

These idiots need jailing and should be banned from driving for life!

Very few, if any junkies, kick their habit inside four months !

there are some good cooks and some bad cooks but thats no the argument drugs used in moderation can save lives I was a professional long distant driver in charge of a 62 ton rig for over 30 yrs and have used them with no side affects ( dont know whose bullshit you are reading ) tell me what your experience with them is I suggest you do not even know what they look like................5555555

SanukJoeII

Obviously, drugs save lives. Eg. antibiotics. smile.png

However, you change dealers, or YOUR dealer changes dealers, now you get some gear from a "bad cook" and hop in your 62 ton rig, thinking you've got "the good stuff" from your regular dealer, and it's just not working for you.

What do you do - drive on. Isn't that great for you, your family, and other road users????

So glad the police clamped down on your industry in Australia. How many "cowboys" like you, on the highways, killed inncoent people in head-on collisions, due to fatigue, in the past?

I have no sympathy for "the poor truckie is just trying to make a quid" attitude, especially when most were paying off the latest model truck, big new house, new family car, new speed boat and creadit card.

In many cases, other road users picked up the truckie's tab, with their lives.

Edited by NamKangMan

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the problem starts from the tour bus owners because of the pressure these drivers are put under to make their schedules penalizing the drivers is not the answer there are always new ones to take their place

That may indeed be part of the problem so the "owners" need to be smacked so hard that tears come to their eyes.

One million Baht fine on first offence and then sequential doubling of the fine for each subsequent offence.

Three offences confiscate and sell the vehicles.

your forgetting there are many many small cars driving at night especially with all their family on board and fall to sleep at the wheel and wander head on into a opposite bound truck and kill all whats your answer to that wake up man at least the truckies are taking prevention just like the airforce pilots yes l am a pilot too and as far as taking the bad shit anyone who does take it knows the good from the bad your trouble is you sit behind your computer and dont know or understand what your talking about you need to get out in the real world just so you will understand jeeeeeeeez drink to much alcohol ans look what happens do we ban that too although l agree strongly alcohol and driving do not mix but thats a different drug and causes much more grief in the long run ...........look anything in moderation is ok but abuse it and your asking for trouble

SanukJoeII

the problem starts from the tour bus owners because of the pressure these drivers are put under to make their schedules penalizing the drivers is not the answer there are always new ones to take their place

The problem starts with passengers who are going to take the cheapest form of transport available.

That doesn't excuse the drivers, operators or enforcement officers, but addressing the problem goes beyond simple solutions.