Filipinos required proof of financial capability to travel

webfact

Travel Tax P1600 and airport fee P550. The problem are some of the airlines employees were acting like an immigration, they will yell of you and if your going to argue of your right anytime you will be offloaded. Filipinos discriminate Filipinos.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

All is well and good with those whose heart strings are pulled... but the bottom line is in numerous places in the world, Filipinos - mostly women are lured into basic indentured servitude. Their wages are held against transportation cost to get them to the country and to the place to work. Often money for food - room and board are held from their wages. The result is these people have to work beyond the intended contract to earn enough to come back to the Philippines. Upon taking the job these people had little to no financial reserves, they send anything above what is necessary to survive home to family - often to take care of children. There are stories of these people being stranded in the country where they thought they would be able to earn and save for a better life back home. But they find themselves begging relatives to send enough money for a plane ticket home. If this is 'job opportunity' that they are saved from because of their own naivety and ignorance by these financial reserves regulations - then so be it. Being forced to have money in the bank - their own personal money in their own personal account may just well keep them from having a horrible experience. Is it being handled well by the government? No... but that does not mean it is not necessary.

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 1

All is well and good with those whose heart strings are pulled... but the bottom line is in numerous places in the world, Filipinos - mostly women are lured into basic indentured servitude. Their wages are held against transportation cost to get them to the country and to the place to work. Often money for food - room and board are held from their wages. The result is these people have to work beyond the intended contract to earn enough to come back to the Philippines. Upon taking the job these people had little to no financial reserves, they send anything above what is necessary to survive home to family - often to take care of children. There are stories of these people being stranded in the country where they thought they would be able to earn and save for a better life back home. But they find themselves begging relatives to send enough money for a plane ticket home. If this is 'job opportunity' that they are saved from because of their own naivety and ignorance by these financial reserves regulations - then so be it. Being forced to have money in the bank - their own personal money in their own personal account may just well keep them from having a horrible experience. Is it being handled well by the government? No... but that does not mean it is not necessary.

Really true.

• Like 1

In that scenario, they are right back at square one - no money and an extended family wondering where the money is going to come from. No easy answers here.

No future for us awaits because even the government keeping the Filipinos inside of the country's without any benefits to work. If there's someone have a good position Only the relatives of the governments employees.

A complete load of B.S. They unload as many as 20 per plane. I have had several friends who have been unable

to fly there girlfriends out of the Philippines. Contrary to popular belief 99% of human trafficking has nothing to do

with sex trafficking and is mostly slave labour on fishing boats or working on farms picking fruit and vegetables.

As for the countries listed as transit points, they are places where people want to vacation. Most of the women

offloaded are married (Philippines, Vatican City, are the only remaining countries that do not allow divorce, only

expensive annulment) Immigration denies there departure because they are not travelling with there husbands

which they have not seen or heard from in years. Some times I think the airlines are involved, off loading Philippinas

when they have oversold flights. Make no mistake they only offload women. Even Cuba lets its citizens leave

the country. This policy is a disgrace and is promoted by the UN.

It is untrue that they only offload women. There are many cases of males being turned back at the airport, too, including people who have worked in Dubai for several years, have the UAE work/residency visa stamped in their passports, and are trying to return after a holiday in the Philippines. A middle-aged businessman with evidence of numerous international trips in his passport, return ticket, proof of hotel bookings and sufficiency of funds, was also turned back because he was unable to produce his business registration documents. The various documents people are asked to produce depends on how the immigration officer is feeling and whether or not there is an "R" in the month, and many of them are entirely unrelated to proving sufficient funds.

Lots of horror stories here:

http://www.philippines-travel-guide.com/philippine-immigration-departure-requirements.html

• 3 weeks later...

I'll take this up with the girls on Jalan P Ramlee in May - I expect that there is a 'Departure Tax' payable to someone in a uniform. Difficult to believe that a country as corrupt as the PI doesnt offer a way out of this little roadblock.

There is a description on the link I posted above by an offloaded Filipino who did eventually manage to bribe his way through the minefield, but it had to be surreptitiously and circuitously arranged in advance using contacts in the police and BOI. Just handing over a few banknotes with your passport at the airport is definitely not going to cut it. There is also a risk that a traveler could still be turned back, even after paying a bribe.

The RP is undoubtedly one of the most venal and horribly-corrupt places on earth, but since P'Noy launched his anti-corruption drive, the lower-level bureaucrats (and even some of the higher-ranking ones) have become fearful for their jobs and are extremely wary about openly taking bribes.

Edited by Rumpole

Thanks Rumpole - I'll probably make my way to Cebu at some stage, but right now PI isnt a priority. The tossers on YT describing AC as a 'paradise' - usually in relation to a video filmed in Pattaya - have completely disouraged any vague plans I may have had to get on a plane to Clark. If all I wanted was beer and schmoo, I'd go straight to PP.

The denial to leave has been going on for a long time, A few years ago a engineer who was to give a paper at professional conference in Dubai was denied boarding. He missed his presentation but did arrive a few days late by re ticketing thru Hong Kong to Dubai. The individual officers have the power to stop someone from leaving the country on their on say so.

pinoy immigration 're trained by cia ,functioning like paw for the us immigrations.these measures help the usa to controll pinoy civilian freedom of moving around.

RP still didn't offer much resident permit or protections to asylum seekers in asian pacific region yet, all due to USA jewish bankers illuminatti,in order to grant asylum philippines immigration has to consult usa immigration or other US agents for consent at first. filipine immigration stands for usa 's interests in the region.

But Pinoy can always drab a cheap cebu pacific ticket online to HK, hanoi,saigon, Bangkok, take another flight to further their trip.

or simply take ferry trip to sabah (malaysia), from sabah continue trip with air asia flight

pinoy immigration 're trained by cia ,functioning like paw for the us immigrations.these measures help the usa to controll pinoy civilian freedom of moving around.

RP still didn't offer much resident permit or protections to asylum seekers in asian pacific region yet, all due to USA jewish bankers illuminatti,in order to grant asylum philippines immigration has to consult usa immigration or other US agents for consent at first. filipine immigration stands for usa 's interests in the region.

But Pinoy can always drab a cheap cebu pacific ticket online to HK, hanoi,saigon, Bangkok, take another flight to further their trip.

or simply take ferry trip to sabah (malaysia), from sabah continue trip with air asia flight

No idea what the first part of your post is about, but perhaps you should consider increasing the dosage.

Rest assured that a fair proportion of the offloading at NAIA and Clark actually happens to passengers booked on intra-regional Cebu Pacific flights. Flights to Hong Kong are particularly targeted, but they are all fair game for the capricious attentions of the BOI. As anecdotal evidence, shortly after CP introduced direct flights from Manila to Siem Reap, I used to regularly notice groups of Filipino visitors around Siem Reap. I can honestly say that I haven't seen a single Pinoy tourist here for months. From what I hear, people are unwilling to risk paying for a non-refundable air ticket for a pleasure trip, in case they are refused permission to board due to these regulations.

Edited by Rumpole