Iron deficiency

cooked

I finally worked out why my peppers won't grow, experimenting with a foliar fertiliser resulted in a lovely display of yellow leaves. At least they are growing now. We used to use blood meal a long time ago, can I just pour on blood and hope for the best? The soil is typical Isaan clay, although it is now a lot better, and has plenty of humus content. What else can I try?

post-130198-0-92365200-1394867871_thumb.

I finally worked out why my peppers won't grow, experimenting with a foliar fertiliser resulted in a lovely display of yellow leaves. At least they are growing now. We used to use blood meal a long time ago, can I just pour on blood and hope for the best? The soil is typical Isaan clay, although it is now a lot better, and has plenty of humus content. What else can I try?

Is there any purpling in the older Leaves they could be low in Phosphate,common in clay soils.

If all of the leaves are yellow,could be low in Nitrogen.

If the older leaves are showing Cholorosis it's going to be iron.

Cholorosis and purple tinge,Potassium.

For Foliar Spraying two excellent Thai Products,Calcium Plus and Foliar Monopotassium Phosphate. MPK, the Calcium plus contains a list of ingredients including iron and magnessium.Finally of course Epsom salts available in some health food shops,that will give them a boost in magnessium,should help the leaves to green up.

If it was me I would adopt a foliar programme,until the symptoms recede and such time as you can address your soil. Or buy a quality potting mix like Media and grow in pots,Foliar through there growing to help them along.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by dasboot
  • Like 1

Hello All, cooked, WESCO won't ship small orders(1-5Kg) anymore, I got an ag shop

here in Korat to get me what I needed.

The first pic is iron 7% from wesco which I use in my A-mix hydro nutes. The second

is Nic-Spray which is a mico fertilizer with 1.90% iron plus others micro's, see in 3rd. pic.

The 4th. pic is the mixing instructions.

Both items come by the Kg and are a RCH under Bt.500.

If you use a lot of epsom salt, I buy by the 25Kg bag at the same shop, they are on Hwy.

224 coming into Korat after you go over the RR track, 1/2 between there and Lotus on The

Mall side of the road, if you drove past the Nisan Dealer, your 100+M. past. They also have

a store in Pac Chong close to the local bus stop/7-11.

On a side note, the Korat shop is where I get all my chems for hydro nutes, as per the

WESCO A-B formula in some of the older TV hydro threads.

Korat 044-263552 Pac Chong 044-311040

rice555

post-37242-0-17694000-1394981248_thumb.j

post-37242-0-05884700-1394981283_thumb.j

post-37242-0-36551800-1394981302_thumb.j

post-37242-0-23500400-1394981334_thumb.j

Thanks. I walked into a horti/agricultural type chinese shop in Buriram and for some reason my eye fell on this product. She definitely said it was for soil improvement, was not a foliar feed.post-130198-0-04130100-1395025709_thumb.

This seems too good to be true as this kind of stuff is preposterously expensive in Switzerland.

Anyway, it'll take a month or two to take effect, I'll get back on the results.

• 2 months later...

I enjoy the long lead between your posts.

Yes Iron works well, add some manure & basic organic fertilizer, if possible keep out of direct sun, keep moist, growth will come.

Well yes, I like to keep people in suspense. I'll give some more manure tomorrow, expect another post in a week or so.