When I Go to Pattaya, I Tell Others I am Going to Hua Hin...

ivan96822

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I Go to Pattaya, I Tell Others I am Going to Hua Hin...

Yes, a euphimism....

Your thoughts / opinions / feedback?

1. That's not how you spell euphemism.

2. Telling people you are going one place instead of where you're actually going is not so much employing a euphemism as it is an attempt at obfuscation. Either way, I doubt the "others" much care ... assuming they exist outside your imagination.

3. When you get your photo in the local newspaper under the heading of "ladyboy hiding under the bed tricks farang," your cover will be blown anyway.

That's more like it.

there is nothing wrong with sleaze but I understand the OP's point. People tend to like to judge people by the company they keep and where they hang out.. and I don't really think that saying you are going to Hua Hin when you are really going to Pattaya qualifies as using a "Euphemism" I get the point, but I don't think it's a grammatically correct usage of the word

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

For some folk in the US they're rather opinionated, so it's not just Pattaya but all of Thailand. Before I moved here I would get asked where I'm going on vacation. I'd tell the truth. Then I'd hear "Why do you need to go to a third-world country to have a good time? I certainly don't need to. Why should you?"

A while ago my daughter and I were enjoying a meal together, she was down for a long weekend and she got really upset and wanted to leave I asked her why and she told me someone insinuated that I had come to here from Pattaya, apparently it.s a Thai euphynism for a generally undesirable person of dubious character.

• Like 1

A while ago my daughter and I were enjoying a meal together, she was down for a long weekend and she got really upset and wanted to leave I asked her why and she told me someone insinuated that I had come to here from Pattaya, apparently it.s a Thai euphynism for a generally undesirable person of dubious character.

She's a prude. HiSo Thais visit Pattaya strip clubs because it's where the party people are.

• Like 1

An euphemism is a 'nice way of saying something nasty'. e.g. ' He passed away' instead of ' he died'. He ended his life instead of committing suicide. He died after a long illness instead of..........

I don't know,, perhaps Hua Hin is an euphemism for Pattaya.

Why are you ashamed to admit you are going to Pattaya. I live in Khon Kaen my wife and I go down about every 2 months for a week. We always stay in a 4 star we go to a bar called The Katseree I see many old friends falangs have a good beer and chat we love it, we go every where together.

Don't be such a stuck up.

• Like 1