Recommendations for a good property lawyer in Bangkok or Koh Samui

I wonder if anyone can help. I am looking for recommendations for a reputable lawyer to assist me with forming a thai company to purchase a villa in samui.

I know the land offices are clamping down on this sort of thing so I would just like to know what my options are and the best way to secure the property.

after searching through the forums i contacted a company who was recommended as being "reputable" advised me to set up a 100% thai company appointing someone else as director, giving me no shares or say in the company and then after the purchase of the property make myself director and 49% share holder. The fact that they would even suggest such a thing really insulted my intelligence but it did make me laugh...

if anyone could recommend a good company it would be appreciated.

thank you

"after searching through the forums i contacted a company who was recommended as being "reputable" advised me to set up a 100% thai company appointing someone else as director, giving me no shares or say in the company and then after the purchase of the property make myself director and 49% share holder. The fact that they would even suggest such a thing really insulted my intelligence but it did make me laugh"

Actually that is sometimes done supposedly since some land offices may refuse a land purchase by a company with a falang director. I wouldn't do it as one would be completely at their mercy. Even if one had signed resignations and PoAs one has no legal cover as the process is illegal. Just rent instead.

Edited by noodle