Pumping pond silt/mud

fredge45

My irrigation pond is silting up quite badly. Rainy season stirs up the mud in the irrigation canal and this then settles out into my pond.

Problem is that I cannot get any vehicle close to the pond. Too many trees and retaining walls have now blocked access. My fault.

Anyone have ideas of where I can get a trash or diaphragm pump rented or know of anyone who can do the job?

Chom Thong, Chiang Mai area.

im the same my wife got the septic man in to get the mud and pig <deleted> out of our pond,

pumped onto our land round the trees,

there the men to ask, they have long pipes

jake

Thai men with long pipes, that's evolution for you.

Edited by antimedia
  • Like 1

I bought a cheep submercable sewage pump from globle a couple of months ago, it will probably do your job valvo: sub up to max to 5m :head 7.5m flo max150 lt min 220 v 50 hz comes with 3 o/p nozel. Most sewage pumps I have seen in uk hav open inpller to help prevent blockages havent had to take this one apart so dont know if this same with this one. I think it was under 2000 bht

The op needs atrash pump for his application,septic pumpers all use centrifigal which are not suitable for his job.

All the septic tank pumping trucks I have seen use a vacuum pump to fill the truck tank. There is usually a sight glass in the rear wall of the tank to check the level.

I'll take a look at the Global for the pump you mention... price sounds great. What might be a "3 o/p" nozzel. I will be discharging the mud close by into a garden area so the vertical head won't be much more tha 2 meters max.

The sewage trucks might be ideal as the vaccuum wouldn't be bothered by snail shells etc. Only problem might be the distance (40+ meters) and lift - maybe 4 - 6 meters. Checking around town but so far to no avail.

Thanks for the good suggestions and keep 'em coming!

Based upon post #5, I searched for "trash pump" and found this web site that details different types of pumps and their uses. The OP might want to read about them here:

http://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/stories/265-How-to-Pick-the-Perfect-Trash-Pump.html

Yep, I also had done a Google search and visited this site and learned from it... thanks for the reminder. Still haven't found a trash or diaphgam pump for sale in Thailand but still looking!

Based upon post #5, I searched for "trash pump" and found this web site that details different types of pumps and their uses. The OP might want to read about them here:

http://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/stories/265-How-to-Pick-the-Perfect-Trash-Pump.html

Yep, I also had done a Google search and visited this site and learned from it... thanks for the reminder. Still haven't found a trash or diaphgam pump for sale in Thailand but still looking!

ToolPro, trash pumps about 20k , honda powered diaphragm about 50k.

ToolPro, trash pumps about 20k , honda powered diaphragm about 50k.

Thanks for this information... is this a store in Udon Thani? That's the best a Google search is showing for me.