Russian Agent Requests House/Company Documents?

Selling my house in Thailand from abroad.

The Russian agent wants me to send copies of all my documents

related to my house for his lawyer to inspect for a potential buyer.

Ie - Company registration, loan agreement from the bank, Nor Sor 3 etc...

I have googled the Lawyer company GAM Legal alliance in Phuket

as I had never heard of them.

There seems to be no reviews of their services although they do show up.

It would simply be a matter of changing the company director and 2 other shareholders

for the sale and I was hoping not to involve a costly Lawyer/ solicitor for this transaction.

As long as I just send the copies of everything for the due diligence there shouldnt be anything to worry about? ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Cheers in advance....

Now I don't know much about selling houses in Thailand but I do know the line in your op..

...'The Russian agent wants me to send copies of all my documents'

Sounds dodgy as f.

What is so dodgy about wanting to see the documents??

No doubt you would prefer no checks or lawyers as a seller , but as a buyer I am sure you would want to see company and it's balance sheets along with all other related documents .

If I was a buyer and seller was hesitating as you doing, I would be walking away immidiately as clearly you are hiding something

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

it is normal, some agents require that.

what I did at the time was to send copies with several big "COPY" notices on them, preferrably positioned on signatures and stamps.

Cheers Manarak

That is what I was initially thinking of doing.

Either that or bite the bullet and hire a lawyer to take care of it all. facepalm.gif

Cant be to careful....lots of horror stories.

it is normal, some agents require that.

what I did at the time was to send copies with several big "COPY" notices on them, preferrably positioned on signatures and stamps.

Cheers Manarak

That is what I was initially thinking of doing.

Either that or bite the bullet and hire a lawyer to take care of it all. facepalm.gif

I did that AND let a lawyer handle the transaction :)

The best thing to have your own agent working for you at place. As russian, I can tell the agent is very do his job in very professional manner. Horror story is, if buyer, who bought your property, oh, sorry - actually not it but company, and then "discovered" loan for car, some business project, etc. This happens before and will happen in the future. Selling company with debt, it's a "popular" thing... This is why agent must to check balance and other things.

Not need to worry, but if buyer pays deposit, I can advice to go yourself and finish deal and transfer money abroad. Esspecially, if you not have trusted person on your side at location...

Edited by MeowBundit

An old friend of mine when I was working at MI6 (that was long after I was in the Royal Marines and a full 3 decades before I was a Navy SEAL and I'm not even going to mention my Mossad days) told me to be very careful with Russian agents. "They know too much," he said. I'm afraid I can't tell you any more in a public forum like this.