New Hairdresser

thailiketoo

I'm at the age where all I have to tell the hair dresser is burr song. Number 2 clipper. But the strangest thing has always happened to me in Thailand. From North to South. Small town to big city. Every time I get a new hairdresser her first question is always, "you have Thai lady?" Now what does that have to do with my haircut?

This has never happened to me in the West, (except once in San Francisco at a barber shop in the 1960's)

Edited by thailiketoo

After being here for 10 years I no longer find it Strange. And after answering, that I do have a Thai wife, their next question is "Do you have farang friend for me?"

Funny thing is ....not just the hairdresser ask's ....just about every other women in Thailand that my wife or I interact with asks the same.

Hey I understand....They believe all farangs are rich and that we are not as abusive as Thai men. Can't blame them ...they're looking for a better life...

Throw enough darts and you're bound to hit the bulls eye once!

• Like 1

After being here for 10 years I no longer find it Strange. And after answering, that I do have a Thai wife, their next question is "Do you have farang friend for me?"

Funny thing is ....not just the hairdresser ask's ....just about every other women in Thailand that my wife or I interact with asks the same.

Hey I understand....They believe all farangs are rich and that we are not as abusive as Thai men. Can't blame them ...they're looking for a better life...

Throw enough darts and you're bound to hit the bulls eye once!

It has been my experience they ask all men regardless of nationality if they don't know them. Thais are asked as much as Farang if in a new hair salon.

That happens to me always.

If the hairdresser is pretty, my answer is NO.....haven't got a wife.

If she is ugly or a man, I say YES, and be careful how you cut my hair, because if she doesn't like it, she will come and have a word with you.

....They believe all farangs are rich ...

It's strange that many Thai girls believe that farangs (Westerners) are "rich". Sure, the ones still in farang-country may be, but the majority of the ones coming to Thailand aren't. But everything is relative. I guess at least the city girls' definition of "rich" is different from the northerners, and so they tend to be more into East Asian men.

It's strange that many Thai girls believe that farangs (Westerners) are "rich". Sure, the ones still in farang-country may be, but the majority of the ones coming to Thailand aren't. But everything is relative. I guess at least the city girls' definition of "rich" is different from the northerners, and so they tend to be more into East Asian men.

A few years back, in Issan they took a poll of young girls and asked "what do you want to do when you grow up?"

many answered "Marry a farang!"

You just have to look at all the nice homes in these rural villages that have been built by farangs (or at least with their money) to see why they might think that way.

All hairDRESSERS are ex nightlife workers. Probably unsuccessful ones. Maybe see you as a mark..............lol.

Or maybe all nightlife workers are ex hairdressers. Eh? I have never met a bargirl who could not cut hair and nails. Have you?

Farans are rich when compared to village girl.

All hairDRESSERS are ex nightlife workers. Probably unsuccessful ones. Maybe see you as a mark..............lol.

Or maybe all nightlife workers are ex hairdressers. Eh? I have never met a bargirl who could not cut hair and nails. Have you?

I think you try to make the big money FIRST then once you realize it aint happening you go do the normal ex-hooker stuff. At least they can do the nails and hair of those girls who have MADE it......................lol.